Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nobody

COOA

000107 - SYSTEM ANOMANLY  

6 members have voted

1. 1. INPUT COMMAND

• PERFORM STANDARD OPERATIONS
    • RUN SUBJECT DIAGNOSTIC
    • MANUAL OVERRIDE [AUTHORIZATION CODE:_]
    • all is well
    • REVIEW PACIFICATION OPTIONS
    • FULL SYSTEMS REBOOT

The chains wrapped around your torso binding your wings to your body clink and rattle as you stumble blinking into blinding light and chill air to a roaring crowd drunk on five days of feasting, the celebration is almost over and you’re stuck here. All part of the plan. Originally you intended to steal into the palace and just take the deathmask, but seeing as how you were captured you needed to make a change of plans, just this one fight between you and the palace. Tradition dictates that whichever slave wins this absurd tournament, held in honor of the death of the emperor’s latest discarded body, be granted the one thing they desired by the emperor, typically freedom.

You probably could have escaped earlier if you so desired, but the opportunity to be just let into the palace by the people who were supposed to keep you out was too good to pass up. Even though you aren’t a real fighter this little slave gladiator tournament was easy, all of the gladiators you’ve fought were beaten down by years of slavery, poor health conditions, and general hard times. While you were relatively fresh, cast into the pit for your recent escapades, part of the local justice system.

Casting your gaze about the bloody sand and the fallen combatants, earlier before the tournament the less fit slaves had been made to “fight†wild animals, more bloody spectacle than fight. Being a feral gryphon you prefer to use your talons if you need to fight, however you spot a number of items scattered about the arena that may be of use to you, particularly if you can get the chains off. You have only moments before the other gate goes up and whoever you’re fighting comes out.

Do you…?

I have spent the last 4 months on a choose your own adventure. Yeah, only offer changes/options for things that don't matter that much, be in control of what you make. Doing something here may get complicated, I wouldn't know, just what I think.

Things are going. I have changed the first post and the poll, slowly working out the mechanics and things. The plan is to use the first post as the character’s information page if we get there, since the first real vote is probably going to be in regards to the character‘s traits. Quick note about the first fake poll, and this one as well. Neither poll actually have anything to do with this story, they’re a reference to something that either only technically exists, or that doesn’t technically exist. Depending on what sort of glass person you are.

I’ve changed the first post to be a scene you might see in the actual game depending on the choices you make, although the poll itself has nothing to do with the scene, a sort of second chance recovery area. Should talk a bit about the plot, though I guess the scene probably speaks enough for the basics. In brief?

You are Stormwing master gryphon thief, come to hideout for awhile in a hard cold empire sat on the edge of the grey wastes to escape a deal gone bad. The death of the emperor gives you an opportunity you can’t refuse, to steal the emperor’s deathmask, you have seven days to find your way into the palace and take the ludicrously bejeweled-not to mention expensive mask before it and the body are gone.

The arena and the tournament are supposed to serve as both a second chance if you get caught and as a sort of alternate way into the palace if for what ever reason you can not make your way into the palace under your own power.

Going with a simple gamebook design, right now I am working-slowly on a simple trait system. In addition to that there are a few more systems I need to work out, namely the timeline. You are supposed to have seven days to get the mask, I need to figure out if I can manage to use this as a gameplay mechanic or if it has to be a strictly narrative thing. The easiest way to do that might just be to associate a time cost to each action, but I’m trying to figure out other options as well.

Oh and I seem to be having trouble clearing the votes for the new options, small problem.