Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Palelija

Pale's paperstash

Palelija   

Now that I have been here a few days, why not post some drawings that I have done?

I'm more familiar with this site now and I think I can link my FA-gallery here without worries! My gallery isn't really intersting, and I literally have a closet full of images that I haven't uploaded (and never will)!

Hmmm, this post seems a bit bland, so why not post some links to my doodles?

Let's start with flowers. Done at school with a calligraphy pen and black ink two years ago. It's not really finished picture, because it originally were made on tinted paper and my scanner killed it's colour. As you can see, it's completely made out of small dots.

Let's move on to different things. My friend had long asked me to draw human's skull so I made him. As you can see, it's full of anatomical mistakes (look at that jaw!). After this picture I have drawn skull once for my school's Halloween poster. Sadly I don't have any pictures from that!

Moving on to some more furry-ish pictures, shall we?

This is one of my very first concepts of my fursona. it has been drawn around 2008-2009 (while I was in junior high!). As you can see it's really, REALLY (I really mean REALLY) horrible image! After this picture I have been constantly developing my fursona.

Now for some more recent images. I drew this on a car car trip to our summer cottage last summer. This is a huge step forward compared to my first sketches. This image is a slightly outdated, because I tend to hate my older works and I want to redo most of them. Fun fact: I never wrote bio for it.

And last but not least, a full picture of my current avatar. Drawn week or two ago, I'm really happy how it came out.

Please comment, ask and critique!

I really like how you can see a lot of improvement between your junior high drawing and the one from a week ago. I think it can be nice to look back at old things you've made to see how far you've come. It's a good way to motivate yourself to show that you can still get better. I've just have to draw more so I can start seeing that difference >__<

Palelija   

Nice job. Great work on the flower, stippling is pure evil!

Haha, it's not that evil once you get hang on it! ;) And thanks~

I really like how you can see a lot of improvement between your junior high drawing and the one from a week ago. I think it can be nice to look back at old things you've made to see how far you've come. It's a good way to motivate yourself to show that you can still get better. I've just have to draw more so I can start seeing that difference >__<

In junior high we had 15-30 minute break every 45 minutes. Instead of going to shop without permission I went to a hallway and started to draw. I also chose every possible optional courses from arts. I think the key of improving at anything is to be motivated and do things repeatedly really many times. Chances are  that you have made improvements, you just haven't seen them yet. ;)

I'm gonna ask a technical question and pretend like I can understand the answer, what do you use to draw?

I have always used mechanical pencils, because you get even thickness from them. In junior high I used pencil with a lead thickness of 0.5 mm. Nowadays  I use 0.3 mm thick lead. Only downside is that in here are only 2 shops that sells 0.3 mm lead. ;-; I also prefer soft erasers.

From time to time I use bottle ink and calligraphy pen. For a quick sketches that I don't want to scan (and at night, woke everyone up), I use a digitizing pen and edit it with my really old and ready-to-break drawing tablet.

I don't use anything too special with my drawings. :3

Palelija   

Nice use of crosshatching! I never really grasped how to do it, so I love seeing when people can pull it off well.

Thanks! Crosshatching is actually really simple to do. You first start drawing group of lines at the same angle and after that you draw even more lines, but in the different angle. That's it actually. You can learn basics of crosshatching as quickly as in thirty minutes!

Henry   

I do like the texture of the paint brushes. Makes the shading look realistic!

Palelija   

I do like the texture of the paint brushes. Makes the shading look realistic!

Thank you! Personally I don't think that version looks good though but hey, it was still unfinished picture!

I managed to finish it yesterday. I fixed his throat, adjusted lighting and shadows and remade background completely!

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13385243/

I found out today that my laptop's screen shows colours incorrectly, all colors are too dark! I must calibrate it before I do any kind of drawing on my laptop again.

In junior high we had 15-30 minute break every 45 minutes. Instead of going to shop without permission I went to a hallway and started to draw. I also chose every possible optional courses from arts. I think the key of improving at anything is to be motivated and do things repeatedly really many times. Chances are  that you have made improvements, you just haven't seen them yet. ;)

As I've been drawing some more recently, I think I've been seeing some improvement. I seem to not have to try as many times to get something right, plus things are looking better off in general as well. I'm by no means good by this point, I'm just better off than where I was.

I don't really have any spare time during school this year to draw, but I guess I've got summer break coming up soon anyways. Time at home has been getting shorter with wiki work, games (why did I have to suddenly get all of these games >.<), and the flood of homework as teachers cram in an extra unit before finals. I might venture into something beyond a ref sheet or headshot if I find the time. I also have a .3mm pencil laying around that I might bring to school and doodle with during notes.

I wanted to take the art studio class focused on drawing next year, but my schedule didn't have room and it wasn't as important in the long run as the other courses. Too many core classes to take and not enough room for electives :<

Oros   

Very nice work on the head, can I ask how long it took you make?

I should take some drawing classes while I'm still in school...

Palelija   

As I've been drawing some more recently, I think I've been seeing some improvement. I seem to not have to try as many times to get something right, plus things are looking better off in general as well. I'm by no means good by this point, I'm just better off than where I was.

(Like in hypnosis) even small progress is a good thing!

I don't know if you know this already, but it's really helpful tip. If the picture looks wrong, wrong of off and you have a scanner, scan the image and mirror it in the computer. That pretty often helps with recognizing weird parts.

I don't really have any spare time during school this year to draw, but I guess I've got summer break coming up soon anyways. Time at home has been getting shorter with wiki work, games (why did I have to suddenly get all of these games >.<), and the flood of homework as teachers cram in an extra unit before finals. I might venture into something beyond a ref sheet or headshot if I find the time. I also have a .3mm pencil laying around that I might bring to school and doodle with during notes.

0.3mm pencils are awesome! In my opinion they makes perfect size in lines. Only downside is they are twice as expensive than other pencils here and only two stores sells lead for them here (and they are really expensive, too. 3€ for one cartridge!).

I wanted to take the art studio class focused on drawing next year, but my schedule didn't have room and it wasn't as important in the long run as the other courses. Too many core classes to take and not enough room for electives :<

Aww, that sucks. D: Do you have arts in any of those core classes?

Very nice work on the head, can I ask how long it took you make?

I should take some drawing classes while I'm still in school...

Way too long. :P I'm not used to any kind of colouring, so it rook me several hours to finish. I'm pretty sure someone who knows better how to colour might have done it quickier.

(Like in hypnosis) even small progress is a good thing!

I don't know if you know this already, but it's really helpful tip. If the picture looks wrong, wrong of off and you have a scanner, scan the image and mirror it in the computer. That pretty often helps with recognizing weird parts.

I'm usually drawing on my tablet, so that's easy :P. The issue is I've never really done it, but I'll look at some of the things I've made in the past and try that out.

0.3mm pencils are awesome! In my opinion they makes perfect size in lines. Only downside is they are twice as expensive than other pencils here and only two stores sells lead for them here (and they are really expensive, too. 3€ for one cartridge!).

I tried doodling on the margins on some of my notes today and I'll say it's a lot better for that than my .7mm. I also was lucky and found the tube of about a dozen sticks of extra lead that it came with too.

Aww, that sucks. D: Do you have arts in any of those core classes?

Nope, just the normal stuff like science, literature, history and math. The closest thing to an art class that I'm taking next year is a CAD class. After that, I'm headed off to college.

I am taking an intro to art class right now, but the amount of drawing was pretty limited. The only actual drawing was when last semester ended with us drawing a still life. My class did start self portaits a few class periods ago though.