Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henry

Henry's Art 2: The Return

Henry   

It looks as if my last art topic was archived so now I must begin anew, so may I present Henry's Art 2: The Return! Dum dum dummmm!

So from what I can tell, I left off on a monkey TF in the last topic so I will begin from there. If you want to see all my art, you can go to my FA page.

By the way, I was going to have the images on here but I don't know how to do that anymore. The images come up blank. How do you post images on the actual post nowadays?

#1: This is an example of a badge I made for my commission price sheet. A giant female dragon!

#2: A transfomation! My favorite theme! There is a fascinating story behind this transformation and to save space here, I will just link the story here.

#3: A character in my upcoming animated series I am in the middle of making now. I haven't finished the first episode yet and I am hoping to have the cartoon start in June with one episode per month. Details coming to FM soon!

#4: A design I made for a shirt of my upcoming cartoon series FurQuest!

#5: And finally the most recent. I just made this one today. A female raccoon TF!

Henry   

Thanks! Since then I have gotten a lot better at making 3d models, but I haven't made anything furry related. I was going to make my cartoon show in 3d, but I like the look of 2d animation better. I will still be making the backgrounds in 3d but the characters in 2d.

Henry   

Nah. Costed about $45 USD, but I did manage to get it printed on a shirt for $10 USD. I like the airbrush look better but with the printed shirt being like 80% cheaper, how could I refuse?

Henry   

More art again! I have been busy with making a cartoon but in the meantime I made some art because I had the urge to. I recently got a wacom tablet to draw on and I need a lot of practice drawing smooth lines. I have never had steady hands and not being able to lift my pen to draw a continuous line makes it even harder. Either way, I think the drawing came out alright if not a little messy.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13385319/

Henry   

Now you are going to get a chance to see yourself in animated form! Just wait a few more weeks. :)

Henry   

All the preliminary work is done on the first episode of FurQuest and this week I finally started to animate! For those who do not know how much work goes into a cartoon here's the gist: I made all the backgrounds and character designs. I have found several sources for music. I have a theme song made but I still need to find someone to sing the lyrics. I have made the animations for my names (think Pixar's light, Disney's castle, or 20th Century Fox's name) and one of those I will share now.

Since it is a flash animation, I cannot put it on this post, but here's a link: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13751443/

Nayton   

Is it ok for me to say that the animation is adorable? :oops: Looks like a lot of effort was put into making it. Congratulations :clap:

Henry   

Thank you! This was actually my first attempt at flash animation so I am glad you enjoyed it and it's okay to say that it is adorable because that is what I was going for. :D

As for the work, the animation took about 5 hours to make. Not too bad for animation standards. The real work starts now when I have to animate the entire cartoon.  o_O

Henry   

Thanks! I just hope the animation will be just as smooth when I start to animate the harder stuff. :)

Good work Henry. Liking the art and the animation is crisp and smooth.

Your style reminds me of old cartoons for some reason. Is it at all inspired by Looney tunes or is this just the way it evolved?

Anyways, keep it up and I can't wait to see FurQuest.

Henry   

You are actually spot on! Chuck Jones, who animated Looney Tunes, played a big role in inspiring my animations. My earlier animations did not have any speech so I had to learn to tell the story through action instead. Cartoons like the roadrunner and other Looney Tunes taught me how to do this. It is clearly evident in my most recent 3d animation.

FurQuest will be taking a different approach but the way the characters move will be reminiscent of the Looney Tunes. I am in the middle of animating the theme song now and I will put it up here once it is done.

You are actually spot on! Chuck Jones, who animated Looney Tunes, played a big role in inspiring my animations. My earlier animations did not have any speech so I had to learn to tell the story through action instead. Cartoons like the roadrunner and other Looney Tunes taught me how to do this. It is clearly evident in my most recent 3d animation.

FurQuest will be taking a different approach but the way the characters move will be reminiscent of the Looney Tunes. I am in the middle of animating the theme song now and I will put it up here once it is done.

Haha the Digimon: The Movie quote really for me there  ^_^ . 

I can see Chuck Jones had a big influence for that clip alone. To be honest I was just throwing a stone into the dark and didn't expect it to hit.

I'm guessing this 3d animated project (which I have to say was well done) was more for slap-stick laughs and that FurQuest will be more serious? That's fine and all but I hope there is at least one silly but hilarious moment to be seen.

Keeping my eyes peeled for the series then. As they say: Summer is coming (I got that right, right?).

Henry   

I'm hoping the first episode will be done by late July or early August. The cartoon will have some comedy in it mostly revolving around the relationship between the main characters. The cartoon is based on a webcomic I was making in the meantime of practicing my animation skills for the show. The cartoon will be pretty much the same story but done much more in depth. You can check out the comic here.

Henry   

A few more additions to the FurQuest art pile.

First is a redesign of the Prince Henry wanted poster as seen in Chapter 4 of the webcomic. This time I had photoshop to help me make a more realistic look to the poster.

Next is another redesign, this time of a character that was inspired by one of the previous members here on FurMorphed, Jesse. I took the time to make him look more like a blacksmith, as he is in the cartoon, and added a lab coat because he is also a bit of a mad scientists making inventions that go horribly wrong. But thus is the life of an inventor.