Sign in to follow this  
Nobody

What should everyone be watching?

Finally decided to watch BBC's Sherlock... saw all three seasons in a week... so I would strongly recommend it.

Watched the first two seasons of that as a marathon, it was great. Watched the first of the third season when it premiered but I didn't realize that all of them were coming out so close together. I guess it's because how long it took from season two to three :P

Almost Human, that's that buddy cop thing right? but it's sci-fi and one of them is a robot?

Yeah. Honestly, the plots are really contrived and the show overall isn't that great. But the chemistry between the two mains is freaking phenomenal. It completely makes up for everything else, and is worth it just for that.

Yeah, unfortunately it wasn't renewed for a second season. The reason I enjoyed it myself was the parallels to Isaac Asimov's work (one of my favourite authors).

This is the eight time I've seen/heard someone has mentioned this show today O.o  You have convinced me to watch it.

Also Suits is a pretty good show, its in the middle of a new season now.

Oh hey, it's been over a month since this post.

So, how was TTGL?

Oh hey, it's been over a month since this post.

So, how was TTGL?

Amazing! The final few episodes blew my mind.

Although the writers may of had some weird obsession with spirals....

Amazing! The final few episodes blew my mind.

Although the writers may of had some weird obsession with spirals....

The closer you look, the more spirals you see.

Even metaphorical ones.

Since there are there are some sci-if fans here, I would reccomend FarScape. I really love that show up until the last season. The Anerican dub of an Anime called Space Dandy is also quite amusing, if not completely ridiculous (but in a good way).

I demand a continuation of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!

Late response, but you already got one:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/18679/Kill_la_Kill

On that note:

Hunter x Hunter is probably one of the greatest shounen anime out there - bar Kill la Kill and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann;

I think my opinion on Kill la Kill should be very clear;

The Fault in Our Stars was actually well written, prioritizing the identities of the characters ahead of their cancer - doing so rather magnificently, if you ask me, You don't usually get that from a cancer story.

Late response, but you already got one:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/18679/Kill_la_Kill

On that note:

Hunter x Hunter is probably one of the greatest shounen anime out there - bar Kill la Kill and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann;

I think my opinion on Kill la Kill should be very clear;

The Fault in Our Stars was actually well written, prioritizing the identities of the characters ahead of their cancer - doing so rather magnificently, if you ask me, You don't usually get that from a cancer story.

The plot of Kill la Kill was completely different, although many other things were suspiciously similar.

The plot of Kill la Kill was completely different, although many other things were suspiciously similar.

Well, of course the general storyline was completely different; the setting wasn't universal like TTGL was.

But the general nature and attitude of the show carried over from Gurren Lagann - plus, it was made by the same director, so it was basically a spiritual sequel.

Oh, based on your username, it also seems you're a Homestuck fan?

Edited by Kiniest

Well, of course the general storyline was completely different; the setting wasn't universal like TTGL was.

But the general nature and attitude of the show carried over from Gurren Lagann - plus, it was made by the same director, so it was basically a spiritual sequel.

Oh, based on your username, it also seems you're a Homestuck fan?

Oh, just ignore the 3 blatant clues squished into 2 inches squared of space.

Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis. Amazing shows, and your life will not be complete until you have seen every single episode.

Stargate Timeline:

- Stargate (feature film)

- Stargate: SG1 (seasons 1-7)

- Stargate: Atlantis (seasons 1-3) / Stargate SG1 (seasons 8-10)

- Stargate: Ark of Truth (feature film)

- Stargate: Atlantis (season 4)

- Stargate: Continuum (feature film) / Stargate Atlantis (season 5)

- Stargate: Universe (both seasons, series cancelled)

- Stargate: Infinity (cancelled/retconned animated series)

This science-fiction series deals with aliens, mythology and theoretical physics. It combines a very detailed and immersive setting, with a dark and serious story and no small amount of subtle humor.

Even if you are not a fan of science-fiction, SG-1 is worth it just for the lead cast: Richard Dean Anderson (Colonel Jack O'Neil), Amanda Tapping (Dr. Samantha Carter), Christopher Judge (Teal'c) and Micheal Shanks (Dr. Daniel Jackson).

Edited by Amaroq Dricaldari

Been a little bit.

It's fallish now and a number of possibly cool new shows will be starting-or in one case continuing soon, in no particular order they are Gotham which I mentioned in my last post. that's coming 9/22 maybe. Next up is the third season of Arrow on 10/8 probably, Arrow's spin-off “The Flash†day before that. And finally Constantine around 10/24. Between the four of them I think I'm the most excited about the next season of Arrow, or maybe Constantine which I'm hoping will fill that hole the Dresden Files TV series never really got the chance to fill. As for Gotham? I'm over my disappointment over the whole no Batman thing, I guess they really couldn't just do "Arrow but with Batman" anyway :P, I just hope it's good and I see my favorite villains.

As for things that can be watched today? I’m liking Heroes and also started watching Person of Interest which I think somebody mentioned earlier. Also can’t forget the new Doctor Who.

Last have a few videos for a couple of those upcoming shows, note that the Arrow season three preview has spoilers for the second season, so if you haven't finished it and you want to avoid spoiling anything you shouldn't watch that one.

Arrow Season 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKE36sL6jKc

Constantine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPE2oBnzROY

Gotham http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3MWXRT7GU8

Between the three I think Gotham has my favorite trailer.

I haven't been able to get around to checking /scorpion out, but I've seen a few trailers and bits for it around vidoes and places. What's it about?

On the action/thriller side, a group of high-IQ individuals works with Homeland Security to solve high-tech crimes.

The human drama side follows a waitress with a gifted son who helps them connect with the world in exchange for helping her connect with her son.

It's loosely based on the life of Walter O'Brien.

I find it fascinating since I share a lot of the problems they have with understanding people.

For live action, I'm watching weeds, and have been suggesting it to friends. Some people have compared it to breaking bad, but its not as dramatic. Its more of a comedy

For anime, I'm watching:

• Tokyo Ghoul
  • Sword Art Online 2
  • Akame ga Kill
  • Log Horizon
  • Attack on Titan

I just finished Terror in Resonance (Zankyou no terror) and would recommend. It's quite unique.

Oh, and there's a Disney show called Gravity Falls. Its suprisingly really good.

Edited by SilverWolf

The show I'm really currently watching is Doctor Who and the show that I am excited to watch more of is season 5 of the Walking Dead.

Shows on TV I watch (some currently not showing, most are however):

- (Marvel's) Agents of Shield

- The Blacklist

- Falling Skies

- The Flash

- Forever

- Gotham

- Graceland

- Haven

- Hawaii Five-0

- The Last Ship

- Legends

- Manhattan

- Perception

- Person of Interest

- Rizzoli & Isles

- Scorpion

- Sirens

- Sleepy Hollow

- Stalker

- Suits

- Unforgettable

- White Collar

I'll throw in another recommendation for Scorpion to follow the fad. :P It's an interesting take on the "someone or group assisting police based off talents" police investigation/drama show. The genius angle works and the characters show a decent amount of depth so far in the series.

White Collar is always good for your conartist helping the police needs.

Suits is good for your legal drama that makes me wince and weep inside if I ever apply anything I'm learning at law school to it. Especially my Professional Responsibility (legal ethics) class.

I just finished Game of Thrones in time for the fifth season, which starts to air in April I think it was, I've really enjoyed it so far, the only thing I can really complain about is the fact that Lady Stoneheart hasn't show up, it's been a while since I read those particular books of course, but I'm pretty sure she should be around by now. Besides that it's been pretty great.

Otherwise Arrow, The Flash, Constantine, and Gotham are still on, and Agent Carter, a sort of spin-off prequel thing (I think) from Agents of SHIELD has started, I'm liking that too, and there's a spin-off of Breaking Bad called Better Call Saul starting soon that I want to check out.

Other than that I've started watching Sleepy Hollow, and that's just about it for me right now.