Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RatKing

Art and Pet Project

RatKing   

I'm pretty sure I'll frequent this section and the gaming section :3c. Anywhoozer, here's a couple of things.

If anyone would like to follow the blog for it though:  http://stripedswipers.tumblr.com/

Also I'll link my flash midterm (I did recycle the main image :oops: )   http://gaymerjosh.deviantart.com/art/Striped-Swipers-Flash-Project-441377475

rat_gang_spotlight_wallpaper_by_scaredyl

vincenzo_acciaio_by_gaymerjosh-d6lhaci.pcharlot_le_fabuleux_by_gaymerjosh-d6or3o

the end-game goal has been to make it into a comic series revolving around the main burglar/thief trio. I've been using them a lot for all my projects this part time elective semester except for the 3d modelling one. I'd be more than happy to share more details if anyone is interested as bouncing ideas off of people and gauging how people like/dislike them.

Oros   

Interesting. I really like thing in Flash, and would defiantly read the comic if you decide to make it.

RatKing   

Thanks dood :3

now all I have to do is actually start the comic process lol

I have to do a flash game for my final this semester and I'll be using these guys, and I also have to do an animation in after effects soon too. I'll definitely share them when they're done.

Henry   

Sounds like an interesting concept! I would enjoy seeing where everything goes, the game and the animations!

RatKing   

I hope the thread isnt old enough to be necro'd but I just wanted to share my first run cycle. top is at 20 (or 24, i cant remember) fps, the second is at 15 fps, and the bottom is at 12.5 fps. I think I'm gonna use the 15 one for the final.  Also there's a lot of head-bobbing, which reminds me of Tails' run in Sonic 2/3, lol.

tumblr_inline_n47cgrSXLj1roah7r.gif

tumblr_inline_n47tgohYVV1roah7r.gif

tumblr_inline_n47thsycd71roah7r.gif

Henry   

Those are great! I agree, the second one is definitely the best. I'd recommend adding one more keyframe before the left arm goes completely raised. It will make the whole animation look a lot smoother.  :)

Oros   

Very nice run cycles. I would also agree that the second one is the best, and that animation could use another keyframe on the arms.

Looking forward to more of your work.

RatKing   

Thanks. I'm currently toying with the nightmare of a code this is, but I'll try to remember to fix the arms. I hadn't noticed how awkard it kinda was until I read your posts, lol.

Palelija   

http://gaymerjosh.deviantart.com/art/Platformer-Demo-Flash-Class-Final-WIP-452778036

So the code isn't perfect as I'm still learning (and video wont show up when i upload it but meh). Building cover wouldnt show up, and falling off is a little too inconvenient.

That being said, for my first time I think this is pretty acceptable, lol.

That's actually pretty nice for your first time! You also might want to tweak how the character behaves with objects. I managed to run inside letters and buildings! Also, character slides a little, making timing and stopping little hard. It also causes wall bounce when hitting walls.

I haven't made anything with Flash and I don't know how hard it is to fix those, but at least sliding might be easy to fix (when key is released, set velocity to 0?).

RatKing   

Thanks for the feedback.

lol I'm still kind of a babe in the woods regarding all of it but I'll definitely do some touch-ups after I finish my AfterEffects and 3ds Max finals. Next time I plan on using an engine instead of doing everything from scratch, hoping it might be a little easier or atleast lighten the load.

You may be right on the sliding, so that'll be the first thing I visit. :)

Henry   

They are not half bad. As a 3d modeller myself I can tell you that the models are a lot better made than what most of my other colleagues did when I took an animation class.

The after effects animation could use some sound effects but other than that it was well done. 

RatKing   

Thanks!

I originally wanted to include sound effects, but I ended up being more crunched for time than I had thought. That and I was worried the file size would be too large for the professor's DropBox lol

RatKing   

Not sure if I can rezz this thread or if I should just make a new one, but I went with the former since I figured overcrowding/redundancy is worse.

I've been a mix of unproductive but now productive again thanks to school but here's some animatic I did, I'll also link the storyboard stills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKPe6C4bLW4

storyboard version 1: http://stripedswipers.tumblr.com/post/98454613921/first-version-of-my-storyboards-for-class-didnt

storyboard version 2: http://stripedswipers.tumblr.com/post/98454646296/storyboard-version-2-0-awaiting-verdict

RatKing   

Sharing some stuff from my principles of animation class.

its crude and basic looking, since we didn't have time to make it pretty lol.

Oros   

Very nice work on the models, the piggy bank looked much better than what most people do in an intro class.

I also really liked the story boards, but they were a bit hard to read, maybe use a dark color next time.

Keep up the great work, can't wait to see more.