Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrimRipper

Trouble going into trance.

I'm sorry if this topic was covered somewhere else, I'm to lazy to get up and look for it. But anyway, recently I got addicted to the thought of hypnosis. Notice I said thought. As far as I have noticed I have never actually gone into trance. Whenever I start to get deep, my body seems to reject the hypnosis. An example would be that right before I fall in, my body would give a shake, kind of like a cold chill. This type of thing seems to happen with most videos I watch/listen to. Doesn't matter whether it's UltraHypnosis, WMM, or some other random file on the internet that I found. Any suggestions to help with my predicament? I have contacted other people on this problem, but I never seem to get a response back. Any help is greatly appreciated?

Perhaps you could add a backing track with such a timbre that you can create a mnemonic for it that counters your issue.

For the issue of restlessness and imaginary cold, you'd need a backing track utilizing a sound of a weighty and warm timbre.

Then you'd need to have some initial deliberate acknowledgement of said attributes in the sound.

Weighty and warm are properties of a particular sound common in good dubstep.

and you should find a sound of the recommended timbre. Not sure how you'd get it on its own.

For a minute, I felt like I was reading a legal document until I saw "dubstep". As far as getting the sound I know a good downloader where I can control  the beginning and end of the video. But that was all that I understood.

For a minute, I felt like I was reading a legal document until I saw "dubstep". As far as getting the sound I know a good downloader where I can control  the beginning and end of the video. But that was all that I understood.

If you manage to get a clue of the properties of that sound, I'd be able to combine it with my random ambience generator instrument.

I'm no sound/music guru, but perhaps the files you were listening to had negative suggestions, suggestions you didn't like or couldn't accept.

If you stick around and have at some of the files hosted here on FM, maybe you'll have a different reaction. The files, here, are a lot more focused, are much more precise, and you may find something you enjoy listening to and can accept instead of more or less fancying the idea of being hypnotized.
Have a good day!

P.S. Wha, may I ask, is your species?

You're screwing with me aren't you. nothing electronic is truly random.

To properly answer this we need to carefully define random.

The most useful (in computing) is given a sequence of n numbers you can not predict n+1.  There are reasonable algorithms where n is very large.  So given you can't guess the seed (how you start the sequence) they are random enough.

To get the seed you need a single really random thing.

Using the low order bits of time at some instant (like number of instructions (or nanoseconds) since boot) can be very random for single numbers.  An unlatched register can be "truly" random if done right but that is hard todo and a string radio transmitter near by can skew the results.  Or time between keystrokes.

These when used over and over again are predictable (proballistically) but for one offs to generat a seed are great.  And if you really want to be safe reseed your random sequence before you hit n numbers.

Does that help :)

Guest theKrevFox   
Guest theKrevFox

It has always been helpful for me to try and get into a trance before I go to bed, or after a workout. When I'm feeling tired.

Kanibal   

It has always been helpful for me to try and get into a trance before I go to bed, or after a workout. When I'm feeling tired.

There is something important there in what you said... After a workout.

That's actually the perfect time to try, although it's a little bit like cheating, because your body is tired and wants to rest but your mind is still active and awake. That makes it quite easy to go into a trance because you can focus on it and your body will actually be helping you along by wanting to rest.

There is something important there in what you said... After a workout.

That's actually the perfect time to try, although it's a little bit like cheating, because your body is tired and wants to rest but your mind is still active and awake. That makes it quite easy to go into a trance because you can focus on it and your body will actually be helping you along by wanting to rest.

I find that also, but I'm so resilient to hypnosis that I think I haven't gotten further than halfway to trance while listening to a file.

I have yet to have no concious thought during a file without falling asleep in the conventional manner.

Esqui   

Sometimes the best results happen when you don't try. Often the effort people put into concentrating on the files, or to try not to think of anything can stop you from really concentraqting (if that makes sense?)

Sometimes the best results happen when you don't try. Often the effort people put into concentrating on the files, or to try not to think of anything can stop you from really concentraqting (if that makes sense?)

If only that worked for me.

Unfortunately, I always default to random analyzing, so thinking of nothing in particular would be that.

spunts144, i want point something out: I am unable to get to the downloads due to recently joining and not having enough posts. And as far as your actual question, that is yet to be determined.

And to lauwn, the computing version of random that you gave is what my personal definition of it is.

And as of yet, I have not actually gone into trance. So trying to not worry about getting hypnotized is foreign to me and usually ends with me running of to "la-la land"

Grim:

I find going into trance the easy part getting anything to linger more than a few moments after the session is what I find hard.

- I like to focus on breathing so I find inductions that focus on breathing work really well.

- I find confusion also works well on me

- I've also once found an induction that instructs you to repeat in your mind everything the hypnotist says and found that worked well.

But just relax if your are in a quite place and resting (not sleeping) you can't do it wrong.

My $0.02 anyways :)

Well, personally, at some point I started interpreting thrills through my body as the growth or renewal of my sense of fur over my body.  However, if you're talking about a chill, then I've experienced this too, to some extent, as a part of glove anesthesia.  Don't worry about it too much- it's just part of the process that you've simply noticed.  My suggestion is to put a few extra blankets on, and not to worry about it.

Also I think you need to realize that sometimes trance just isn't going to happen, so days they happen very easily, things like working out right before can help, but sometimes it's just not your day.

I am also having trouble getting into trance.  I have been listening to EMG's "Furry Transformation" file from WMM for almost a week now and while I can picture in my mind what I look like as my fursona, I am having trouble "tricking" my brain into seeing physical sensations/changes like fur, paws, and a tail.  That and I have an issue where my conscious side decides to get excited whenever I think I am feeling some of the effects of the hypnosis.  I want to try to get myself used to hypnosis before I have access to the specific files here on the site.  I have also tried the "see yourself furry" file from Hypnobeast, and while that helps with visualization I still have problems "feeling" stuff like paws, fur and a tail, and the problems with being too excited.  

Would it help looking at/studying pictures of anthro huskies before doing the hypnosis again?  I'm open to any suggestion really.

The idea is that you need to actually believe that you are that thing or that you have those parts- e.g.: an anthro husky- to start having any kind of feelings or visuals.  Dellusion is required before hallucination happens.  You need to expect to have those feelings and visuals before they'll happen.

Also, hi Maverick.  It's been a while.

Guest Psidra   
Guest Psidra

The idea is that you need to actually believe that you are that thing or that you have those parts- e.g.: an anthro husky- to start having any kind of feelings or visuals.  Dellusion is required before hallucination happens.  You need to expect to have those feelings and visuals before they'll happen.

I'm guessing then, that if one's imagination is not too good, that entering trance and having a successful hypnosis will be much harder?

Oros   

I'm guessing then, that if one's imagination is not too good, that entering trance and having a successful hypnosis will be much harder?

Not necessarily, it does help with things like visualizing a change, but having an overactive imagination can make going into trance hard as well. If you are having trouble imagining the changes, then just focus on one part of the change and keep working on it until you can get it down, then move on to the next part. Reference images can help too.

No, imagination doesn't make entering trance harder, nor does it make results harder to come by.  Concentration is important in trance.  What's important in hypnosis is the ability to suspend disbelief and throw oneself into the belief one is trying to cultivate.  Imagination helps to form visuals, but for the most part, the brain takes care of the process of creating effects for you.  Even in people with poor imaginations, results can happen- what makes the difference is the belief, and the desire to change.

Not necessarily, it does help with things like visualizing a change, but having an overactive imagination can make going into trance hard as well. If you are having trouble imagining the changes, then just focus on one part of the change and keep working on it until you can get it down, then move on to the next part. Reference images can help too.

I don't think that imagination is the opposite of concentration, so I disagree with this.  One can have a great imagination and good concentration.  I believe that it helps to think about the changes, since thinking about them cements them into reality better- and imagining working with them aids in creating the experience.

So basically, imagination makes trance harder but effects easier.

I disagree with this conclusion.  I would say, more pointedly, that a lack of concentration and discipline over one's own mind makes trance harder, and that having a strong ability to visualize or conceptualize new feelings or images from your perspective aids in the development of those new perceptions as one believes in their existence.

Oros   

I didn't mean that having a good imagination would make trance harder, but too much of anything can be bad and sometimes a lot of imagination can lead to a lack of concentration. Santus_lupinus is right about concentration and mental discipline.