Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucaribro

An Itch In Trance

12 posts in this topic

Is it OK to scratch it? Are you already out of trance for noticing it? I've had instances were I got a bad itch but I didn't want to lose trance by scratching it.

If you can move to scratch said itch without really thinking about it too much and keep your focus on the hypnotist, that should be okay. The other method which I've used is to use self suggestion to make the itch go away, make use of the hypnosis.

Often as the body starts going to sleep / into a trance it will test to see if you are actually getting to sleep by causing an itch - if it gets scratched they you aren't asleep. It's often a test to see if you're ready for unconsciousness - if that's the case then if at all possible, ignore it and keep focusing on the hypnotist. I wish I could cite references for that but I'm sure wikipedia or other places will turn up results on sleep tests. We also put this on twitter once; https://twitter.com/FurMorphed/status/252480547484475392/photo/1

I have heard that one too to be some sort of test-mechanism of some part of your brain to see if you are really drifting off to sleep. It seems to make sense, since once you are asleep, certain bodyfunctions are reduced, eg. you should not be able to move (sleep paralysis). However - i have experienced mild to heavy itching most of the time when i tried to induce any kind of trance. It seems, that the more i try to ignore or resist it, the more intense it becomes and the sheer willpower it takes not to scratch completely throws me off the whole trance. Whenever i dont feel that itch, i fall asleep before i know it (being already asleep is probably why i don't feel it in the first place). Any suggestions on how to get past that without making it an all overpowering Sisyphean task?

Edited by Azrael

Falling asleep could also just be a sign that you need to take a break, or should try earlier in the day when you're less drowsy. Other ideas would be maybe trying to be sure your sessions coincide with an empty stomach?

Sometimes I 'fall asleep' during the induction. Strangely, I almost always 'wake up' during the end inverse-induction, exactly as suggested by the narrator. I figure those ones maybe still got a swipe at the subconscious, or I should have just kept on sleeping? :)

The itch thing has happened to me a few times, normally I try to ignore it the best I can, otherwise, for me at least, I break trance and need to restart the file.

An itch is a small pain.  I suggest that you use moisturizing cream on any spot that has caused you to itch it, if the itch is in the same place consistently over multiple listens.  This will soothe it some, and help you to not have the itch.

I try to ignore any itches during files, but if it gets to distracting then I will scratch it so I can get my attention back to the hypnotist

I have issues with itches during files on a regular basis. Usually I just scratch my entire body before starting a file which helps prevent itches.

I get random itches as well, I find it is less distracting to take care of it calmly and immediately.

I get this too although typically only during early stages.  Later on I just ignore

Every once and awhile I'll get an itch, but usually ignoring it lets it go away.

This actually happens to me a lot, but I can usually push past it. Noticing it shouldn't take you out of trance, but I'd say that if it's just too distracting, scratch it and restart the file.