Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nayton

Making Stuff Out Of Paper

8 posts in this topic

I hope this is the right place to put this topic.

Honestly I don't like it when i get bored :|, but when it happens i usually end up thinking of random ideas. One of those ideas was a paper touch pen i made for my Nintendo DS Lite since i had unfortunately lost my original one :facepaw: The second was a paper mic piece that would help my headset mic capture my voice better. Surprisingly both of these actually worked :lol:

Has anyone else here made anything out of paper before?

I used to work with Origami, I tried Papercraft once or twice but wasnt so much good with gluing part :thinking: . I do remember making fans and drinking cups alot though which function well for being paper.

Outside of a few things I tinkered with when I was younger, I haven't made too many paper things; I usually used duct tape instead. However, I did make tons of origami swans and paper airplanes from my Post-It notes in elementary school.

Well, I... tried following a Pokemon origami guide once. That was pretty fun.

I also liked making snowflakes by cutting pieces out of folded paper as a little kid. Even though most of the time they ended up looking like trash.

I make some decent module origami and general models and bizarre things out of paper that I can think of. A quick google search of module origami should twist your head. 

I have only done papercraft a couple of times. I ended up with glue all over the place and a huge mess on my paws. As for origami, I always manage to get a paper cut.

I absolutely love papercraft :P So far I've made minecraft characters and a few pokemon. I'm interested in creating life size anime figures and applying fiberglass to make them solid. I even found this site that makes realistic looking military weapons/aircraft and tanks. I've seen people make full iron man suits out of fiberglass and wear them to comic con.

I hope posting links to sites don't count as advertising if they don't sell anything :P

I used to do paper children about 4-5 years ago, I remember it being fun so I've had a hankering to do some lately.

aside from that I don't think I have the patience for things like origami and such, but our x-mas tree's decorations last year were ALL paper