Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sullywolf

The War In Syria

5 posts in this topic

About a week ago, what is belived to be a chemical weapons attack occured in the western damascus suburb of gouta, which, at the time, was held by anti assad rebels. The Rebels and thier allies, including western nations such as the US, claim that this attack was carried out by assad's forces. However, assad and his ally Russia clais that the attack was carried out by the rebels. Either way, the attack killed 355 or more, which would make it the deadliest chemical attack since saddam's attack on a kurdish village that killed around 3,000. UN inspectors are coming to investigate, however, many including the US claim that the 6 day old evidence has deteriorated too much for it to be reliable after the area was shelled by regime forces. The United States and its allies in nato are preparing for a possible intervention as retoric begins to heat up. Do you think nato should and/or will intervene? If so, how would you think a war would play out?

I'm not too sure what to think about what's going on in Syria; it doesn't matter which side wins, both will cause some sort of troubles after the dust settles I believe.

Anyways, over on another forum I frequent, this topic was brought up. There really is no way to tell who is to blame for the attack yet. The Syrian military could have used it, believing that the Western nations would not attack. Considering China and Russia are trying to get them not to intervene, along with the whole Iraq/Afghanistan afair, I could see where they're coming from.

It also could have been the rebels trying to get the world to believe that the military had used gas on them. Getting a bunch of countries to take action against the Syrian government would pretty much end the war.

in my opinion they should get solid evidence that will support their claims then start talks on a way in which to handle the situation.

It is a worrying thing cause it could easily turn into another world war if every country were to start intifering in my opinion they should sort out thier own problems