Sign in to follow this  
CatBurglarB

How To Tell If You're Sleeping Instead Of Trancing

Sometimes I wonder if I went to sleep or not when I trance. Now I know one way to tell was whether or not you come out of it during the awakener, but what if you don't have one? I tend to loop my files, so I was wondering if anybody had any other reg flags to look for.

Guest VextheDragon

need to get my backside into posting again, so you're my first one.

falling asleep during a file dosn't nessicerally meen you won't get the effects of a file.

i myself have been experimenting with during sleep hypnosis and have had a couple of files work for a while, even though i know i was asleep (and listening to another video to boot).

TL;DR: i don't think it matters overall, just somthing to think about.

Depends if you're snoring or not!

More seriously, Vex is right in that it doesn't make too much of a difference. Being asleep is a very similar state to being in trance...maybe even easier to bypass the conscious thought. Just don't fall asleep and then stay asleep all evening while your girlfriend has to do all the housework. Dan.

I think there is a considerable difference, in one way you are completely focused on the hypnotist. When you are sleeping you have lost that focus. In trance everything should fade out of your attention other than the hypnotist himself. If you can get better at meditation without falling asleep you might be more successful with hypnotism without falling asleep

Edited by neronfox

Guest GreenStreak

well, no matter what you do, your subconscious hears and records everything. even whilst sleeping or even in REM. have you ever gone to sleep to a sound track and heard it in your dream? this is a result of your subconscious hearing the music, but not acknowledging it until you take conscious note of it (in your dream). when you fall asleep while listening to a hypnosis file, your subconscious hears and records everything the hypnotist says. this does not always work because you may not take conscious note of it at all. if you eventually do, the effects would be the same as if you were awake. though, sometimes, even when you dont make conscious note, there are certain words that get the attention of your subconscious.

I was once listening to my music folder on my laptop and fell asleep, what i DIDNT know was i accidentally left a TF file in my music folder. ill have you know, regardless of whether your a furry or not, waking up with a tail is still trippy as hell.

well, no matter what you do, your subconscious hears and records everything. even whilst sleeping or even in REM. have you ever gone to sleep to a sound track and heard it in your dream? this is a result of your subconscious hearing the music, but not acknowledging it until you take conscious note of it (in your dream). when you fall asleep while listening to a hypnosis file, your subconscious hears and records everything the hypnotist says. this does not always work because you may not take conscious note of it at all. if you eventually do, the effects would be the same as if you were awake. though, sometimes, even when you dont make conscious note, there are certain words that get the attention of your subconscious.

I was once listening to my music folder on my laptop and fell asleep, what i DIDNT know was i accidentally left a TF file in my music folder. ill have you know, regardless of whether your a furry or not, waking up with a tail is still trippy as hell.

This is a furry site.

We're all furries, there probably aren't even any hatespam accounts due to how improbable it is for a non-furry to come across this site.

Unless you meant it's still trippy for a non-furry to wake up with a tail.

Which implies someone put a TF file in a music folder as a prank.

That would be hilarious if it worked like your accident.

Edited by accursedCursive

Sleep is an altered state of consciousness.  Trance is a different altered state of consciousness.

I have found, personally, that trance is a passive mental state where one is receptive and focused, and that sleep is an active mental state where one lets their mind wander.

Yes, I agree with most of the people here. 

I've actually had a time where I was listening to a file, fell into a deep trance first then fell asleep, and then when I woke up 30 mins later when the track ended. Then I noticed that I had what looked like a wet dream but it was just the file doing its' work.   :omfg:

Edited by technofantwentyone

Wouldn't it also depend on the person's mind? I've fallen asleep while looping files before and never got any consistent results that way, but it looks like some files are meant to be looped while in sleep. In any case, being in trance probably works better than sleeping through a file. If you fall asleep in class you don't always retain information said while asleep. (Although with hypnosis it might be different...)

Guest Thatguy

I haven't had much luck with files when I fall asleep. Usually I have to be well rested or else I just fall asleep and nothing happens.

I get this problem a lot. I still live at home and don't get much true privacy, so the only time I can listen to files is when I'm supposed to be asleep. Which of course means I often "do" fall asleep lol. Sometimes I can't tell whether I just went deep for a while, or if I truly just fell asleep, although I'm more likely to think it's the latter. I'll just like, think I'm focused, and then next thing I know it's skipped waaaay ahead, or just plain ended. The ones that confuse the hell out of me are when I do come up roughly during the awakener, and I have no idea whether that was legit or just chance XD

I really can't imagine it works as well when you're asleep. Or at least, most files. I guess ones designed for it could be workarounds.

• Like 1

In a lot of cases, it doesn't work as well if you're asleep for the entire thing, from my experience. If you go into trance and then fall asleep from there, it can work really well, or if the file/session is intended to have you fall asleep.

For how to spot if you've been asleep or not, it helps to be in the habit of keeping a dream journal. If you were dreaming and it's not really different to what you normally dream, you were probably asleep. Also keeping track of how you feel when you wake up can be handy; I've had times where I've fallen asleep listening to a file, but still had some success with it. Those times, I woke up feeling a -lot- more refreshed than normal (apparently having slept through the awakener though). Every time my memory would just stop at a certain point in the file, if I fell asleep before or after that, I woke up feeling like I'd just had a normal sleep.

With looping files it becomes more difficult, but I imagine similar would apply. If, when you open your eyes, you're mumbling or mouthing the words, you probably spent some time in trance rather than sleeping :3

The best time to listen, for those like myself who need a bit more privacy...when you wake up without an alarm, give something a listen right then. Have it queued up so you can just hit play when you wake up just enough to do so, then listen~ I've found it to be quite effective :3

Hmm...That "listening if you wake up" sounds interesting, I'll have to give that a go sometime. Although I often wake up just to switch sides and immediately fall back asleep, so it'd be more of a matter of actually waking up enough to think about it lol.

I must be not looking in the right spots or something, but I don't really seem to have/find a lot of files that actually are loopable. Unless you're just supposed to loop the body no matter what it is....

There's a fair few files on WMM, but most of them are not files I could recommend >.< you can loop the body of a file, or the entire file even though :3

What I might have to do is put together a file that can be put at the end of a looped playlist where the body is the only other item, so when the file ends it leads into something that actually keeps a loop going, working as a deepener.

Thanks for setting off that idea o.o :3

There's a fair few files on WMM, but most of them are not files I could recommend >.< you can loop the body of a file, or the entire file even though :3

What I might have to do is put together a file that can be put at the end of a looped playlist where the body is the only other item, so when the file ends it leads into something that actually keeps a loop going, working as a deepener.

Thanks for setting off that idea o.o :3

I'm going to try that, and start it off by instructing my tulpa to make sure it works.

My tulpa is only partial, still intangible, but it is the embodiment of my subconcious rather than a figment of it.

As far as I can tell, that last sentence is true, it does have a considerable influence over mind for a tulpa so far from completion.

It's a rather unguided tulpa, partially its own creation, so I can't wait to meet it!

Almost certainly in a lucid dream first, the only time I've seen it was the glimpse of an arm when it tried to pull me from one dream into another, though failed because I opened the wrong eyes.

I'm more inclined to agree that it does have significant difference... I don't know if that's supposed to happen but when I feel like I'm under, I can still somewhat hear the voice in the file even though I feel like I'm about to fall asleep. But of course, you'll never know you actually fall asleep until you woke up from it. XD

I'm going to try that, and start it off by instructing my tulpa to make sure it works.

My tulpa is only partial, still intangible, but it is the embodiment of my subconcious rather than a figment of it.

As far as I can tell, that last sentence is true, it does have a considerable influence over mind for a tulpa so far from completion.

It's a rather unguided tulpa, partially its own creation, so I can't wait to meet it!

Almost certainly in a lucid dream first, the only time I've seen it was the glimpse of an arm when it tried to pull me from one dream into another, though failed because I opened the wrong eyes.

Are you beginning to invade every single thread with posts about you and your tupla? It's not exactly relevant, let alone being a senstive topic we've already got in discussion on two other threads.

Edited by Mylo Fox

Are you beginning to invade every single thread with posts about you and your tupla? It's not exactly relevant, let alone being a senstive topic we've already got in discussion on two other threads.

That post was made when I thought tulpa discussion was popular on this forum.

When going to sleep to files is it a good idea to listen with headphones or a device hooked up to speakers on repeat? I've been listening to files just before I go to sleep and once I wake up and I think I'm only getting as far as going into trance but when it comes to a transformation file nothing actually "sticks" but during the file I can (I guess) feel a tail and ears but when I wake up I don't feel any different. Can I get some help or ideas?

Depends on your physical position, and any movements you'll make during the night.

Speakers seem more viable, unless you lie on your back the whole time.

Hearing a file while asleep can have fully fledged effects that are definitely from the file (A user reported falling asleep while listening to music on shuffle, not expecting to wake up with a tail because a file played while they were sleeping).

Maybe those conditions were better, try having the file occur while you sleep, preferrably by having it as part of a playlist on shuffle (Knowledge of schedule affects sleep cycle. I've tried this before without shuffle and I wake up very early in the file, even if it's very quiet).

What about using headphones or speakers? When I'm listening to files i usally just lay there motionless, but if i fall asleep I don't want to acidentily break my headset. Would i get the same effect with my laptop hooked up to some speakers?

(A user reported falling asleep while listening to music on shuffle, not expecting to wake up with a tail because a file played while they were sleeping).

I read that also and I would very musch wished it could happen to me like that.

What about using headphones or speakers? When I'm listening to files i usally just lay there motionless, but if i fall asleep I don't want to acidentily break my headset. Would i get the same effect with my laptop hooked up to some speakers?

I read that also and I would very musch wished it could happen to me like that.

You could emulate headphones if you're using speakers by having the speakers either side of you.