Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Mcbattle

More Calculator Art + Z Fighters Incomplete

Guest Mcbattle

I have decided to make a thread to post any new art drawn on my calculator starting with the FurMorph logo.

3ylRJnF.png

One reason I made this was because I was testing new way of shading. It turned out well in my opinion so I will stick with it and do more complex pictures with the new shading.

9R8ICET.jpg

b4l66rd.png

Goku (or Kakarot) from Dragon Ball. This took me about 3 hours to get right, probably because his hair is so complex and his ears and nose were also annoying to draw. Maybe I'll make a super saiyan version but its unlikely I will unless I buy the new version of this calculator that has color.

ihhJiwT.jpg

w7exhck.png

After creating Goku I decided that Dragon Ball characters look pretty awesome when drawn like this. So I decided to test that by drawing Gohan as well. Thankfully it didn't take near as long as Goku, only about an hour.

I know I have already posted this on another thread but it seems appropriate to post it here aswell.

xgXDF1O.gif

Vegeta was thankfully completed in less than an hour...barely.

Guest DesertFox

I think I should get a graphing calculator and try some of my hand at this. I never thought a calculator could do stuff like this! Good work!

Guest Mcbattle

Yeah a graphing calculator can easily do things like this, I use a TI-84+ Silver Edition. If you consider buying one I would suggest trying to do black and white pixel art on the computer first at resolutions of around 64x96. I think I'm going to try drawing the Z Fighters sometime during the week as well hopefully Goku was the hardest.

Guest ZalanDarkbane

That looks like a fun way to pass time in a boring Mathematics class!  Now I feel kind of bad for selling my graphing calculator when I finished all my required math classes in college a few years ago.  

I do like the pixel art thing, there's actually a logic puzzle game that gives you clues which you then turn into pixel art on a graph paper like field.  Don't want to hijack your thread so I won't go into more detail unless you want me to.

Guest Mcbattle

You are right math was boring but what is amazing to me is that I still passed math with a 96%. Also the app sounds interesting but I have the new version of the calculator with less RAM and I also screw it up a bunch and have to reset it like twice a month.

Guest Mcbattle

For anyone who actually cares I added the screenshots of the image in addition to the pictures of the calculator that were already up. Also due to illness Vegeta has been delayed. Vegeta is actually done but does not look very good so I am remaking it.

Guest DesertFox

Any chance you could make something like a vehicle? Say a Tiger I? ^_^

Guest Mcbattle

Any chance you could make something like a vehicle? Say a Tiger I? ^_^

I could try if I get the time but unfortunately I am at a family reunion and forgot my calculator at home.

Guest Mcbattle

Wow really let this thread die....I blame school. No matter, I plan on drawing Kuririn/Krillin by Halloween along with some other things unrelated to DragonBall.  

Guest Mcbattle

Kuririn.

Unfortunately, I had planned to create a timelapse but the video didn't record correctly causing the video to become unreadable.

4Sznz67.png

Happy Halloween FM. 

Guest Mcbattle

While this is not art and doesn't really belong here. It is not really worth creating a new thread for unless I do this regularly. On the bright side it is somewhat creative. http://youtu.be/VmshSAB8NQs