CatBurglarB

Anthro Or Feral?

What Eozdniw said applies mostly to me, too: Transformations into feral animals (actually the aftermath) are incredibly fascinating to me because the transformee faces a situation that no human being will ever experience.

First of all, he's stuck in a entirely different body with new instincts and a changed perception, so he has to learn how to use his new body, how to suppress/use his instincts, how to communicate etc.

Secondly, due to his changed appearance and possibly changed behavior (due to instincts or limitations of the body), other humans don't recognize him as whoever he was before and only consider him as animal and treat him as such. As a consequence, if he has become a feral animal, he now has to live in the wilderness, hunt for his food and avoid predators. If he has become a domestic animal, the change of lifestyle isn't that harsh, but being one's pet certainly is also a very interesting situation, especially if the owner is someone the transformee knows.

Just like Eozdniw, I can't explain the reasoning, but these are things I enjoy about feral TFs.

It explains why I find anthro TFs quite boring: The transformee is still ~50% human and can still talk, which takes away most of said struggles.

TFs into another person are incredibly boring to me.

Oh, and to answer the thread's question: I used to be a feral fox furry, probably due to the reasons above.

Edited by Kizune

Both have their appeal. Preferably I like to be anthro, but I still appreciate the feral form too~  :happy:

I can now see why being a shape-shifter would be so appealing!  :biggrin: Haha~

As a fan of transformation, I like to think I can shapeshift between anthro and feral at will.  I have a lot more art of my feral form than I do my anthro form, for this reason.  Perhaps I should get some more anthro commissions done ^^;

Anthro always seems to be the most desirable to me. The ever so mentioned hands as well as pre-existing clothing and complex society are great boons.

Plus they're just great to look at.

I consider myself anthro. I have too many hobbies and interests that require the use of tools to really consider giving up my hands even if the thought of a simpler life is fun at times.

Anthro, definitely.  It combines the best part of both aesthetics in my mind.  Of course, anyone typing answers into this forum probably leans anthro at least some of the time :) 

Can the answer be 'Yes'?

Granted, I'm more towards Anthro but Feral, but can like them both for different reasons. I wonder, what about taurs? what would some categorize them as?

It's really a toss up. While the anthro path would provide you the greatest compatibility with today's society, there would be a freedom that would come with being feral. Something about being one with the wild without all of the current worries of modern society. I however, could never imagine life without modern medicine and technology which requires me to fall in towards anthro.

I feel more at home With Feral, yet it seems that subconsciously it is a bit of a mix (brain [completely by itself one day] projected a form and called it myself). If I had to guess the ratio: 70% feral , 30% Anthro. Whenever I run, I have a heavy feeling to run on all fours. I also tend to rely more on my senses (hearing, ability to see in low light, scent, ect.). Also I have to constantly fight instincts...

- I've also noted that more than half here Seem to be on the Anthropomorphic side. With (a too lazy to double-check guess) maybe 60%~65% mentioning hands.