CatBurglarB

Anthro Or Feral?

I like the more feral anthros honestly, like you have the anthro style where it's just a human with a muzzle, fur, ears, and tails, but then you have the anthros that relate a lot more to their natural form, and these anthros are the kind I would choose if given the chance. Anthro just enough to count, but still very much an animal. I suppose it has to do with this idea in my head where the goal would be to become more like an animal than a human, as opposed to a human being using an animal as another way to understand themselves as a human being. I suppose it could go either way, though, being fantasy. :) I think that people tend to go in two directions, though, from human to animal or animal to human.

Is both a valid answer? Let me explain.

I've always found the anthro form to be interesting and would not mind to be that way in my day to day life (mostly for practicality). However, there is something about not only changing into the shape of an animal but also adopting its instincts that has always resonated with me. I guess the act of letting go of everything you've ever known to embrace something completely new was what first drove me to transformation ans subsequently hypnosis.

I'd say I am a anthro furry for the most part. The bipedal thing tends to work out, and I like the thought of it, but I wouldn't mind the quadrapedal aspect every now and then. Really either would be fine to me. ^w^

I'd say feral, because if I was to (temporarily) physically become a fox, I'd want the physical transformation to go all the way (four legs and all). ^_^

I say anthro. But, I must mention, if you're talking about a purely fantasy sense, not actually transforming, you could split the difference and go taur... But what fun is it if it's so obviously all in your head‽

I sometimes switch between identifying as anthro and as feral. It is easier for me to imagine myself as an anthro, not to mention it is more versatile (hands and such). But when I feel like a feral, I find it very enjoyable.

I sometimes switch between ide

ntifying as anthro and as feral. It is easier for me to imagine myself as an anthro, not to mention it is more versatile (hands and such). But when I feel like a feral, I find it very enjoyable.

I feel the same way. It really kind of depends on my mood.

I would go with anthro, because I would like to experience the form of a feral creature but also have a capabilities of a person since I'm not good the wild.

Spontaneously this will be feral. Anthro is interesting but I don't know why  Feral is more attractive, Being something else, live another way, adventure. Maybe I'm a little to much misanthrope  XD 

I'm anthro most of the time, but when I can be feral I really enjoy it. If you're able to meet up with somebody else, both be feral for a bit, and just see what you get up to it can be very entertaining. Ended up fighting for dominance at one point, wasn't too vicious but we ended up with some bruises and giggling :D

I wouldn't consider myself a furry at all, but I do enjoy the fantasy of transforming into an animal. I have a strong preference for feral. I'm not sure that I can really explain why very well, but I believe that there is an element of escapism, being able to settle into the worry-free life of an animal. Specifically a domesticated animal or pet, which has no real responsibilities or struggles beyond finding some kind of entertainment between meals and sleep. There is also something oddly satisfying, however counter-intuitive this may sound, about losing the ability to speak like a person, and only being able to communicate through animal sounds.

Sorry, as I said, I can't really explain the reasoning, all I can do is try to describe what I enjoy about a feral transformations, and hopefully that's enough to give some (limited) insight into why I have this preference.