CatBurglarB

Anthro Or Feral?

Guest shye

For me it's anthro. You've got the practicality of a human with the awesomeness of the animal. It's the best of both worlds :)

Guest Urtagh

I definitely lean towards feral. What's the point of imaginging if you're going to do that same things you do now anyway? There's something appealing about that simplicity though.

(though if we're being honest it's more of matter of what's convenient at the time)

I definitely lean towards feral. What's the point of imaginging if you're going to do that same things you do now anyway? There's something appealing about that simplicity though.

(though if we're being honest it's more of matter of what's convenient at the time)

I guess it depends largely if you're into the anatomy or lifestyle of animals.

Anthro for former, feral for latter.

Guest Urtagh

I guess it depends largely if you're into the anatomy or lifestyle of animals.

Anthro for former, feral for latter.

That's a good way of breaking it down. I think for me, since I'm pretty analytical, it's interesting to wonder what it would be like to not have to think or worry so much about everything.

I find a lot of beauty in the anatomy of quadrupeds, but given the choice, I'd rather go with anthro. I can't see myself actually managing to live as a feral.

Anthro. I settle on anthro not because of the whole hand issue (I think I would be resourceful enough to manage either way) but I find it is an issue of what the body starts as or the very base of being. Having animal roots so far as being feral-bodied says things about standing (metaphorical) and origin and the same goes for anthro. Both have a passionate and sad side that dis-allows functions and mobility. 

Guest Psidra

Eh, Feral if i'm going out in the wild and just casually roaming, but definitely Anthro for modern situations and surroundings.

My fursona is an anthro because, like many others have replied, I find not having hands a really troublesome.

Though I have to admit I'm curious about ferals, but that would mean I have to heavily modify my fursona's looks or create completely new one.

I'd honestly say feral, even as a computer gamer.  I can probably skate by without thumbs fairly easily (most of my stuff doesn't direly need a space bar) though many of other life's challenges would be challenges (I can't open the milk jug!)  Finding a seat wouldn't be a problem, who doesn't want to cuddle a big fluffy fox?

I'd honestly say feral, even as a computer gamer.  I can probably skate by without thumbs fairly easily (most of my stuff doesn't direly need a space bar) though many of other life's challenges would be challenges (I can't open the milk jug!)  Finding a seat wouldn't be a problem, who doesn't want to cuddle a big fluffy fox?

@ Firewind, I want to give you a hug for being one of the other few foxes on furry sites that actually likes feral :) *hugs*

Edited by Kairen

You ferals and your quadripedal cuddliness. Curse you. *points menacingly with a twisted face and dramatic scare chords*

Also is it too late to join in on the convo? Been away for awhile, just kinda crashing into stuff right now. But yeah, being a tech head as well as an artist I'm kinda attached to my digits. *shrugs*

@ Firewind, I want to give you a hug for being one of the other few foxes on furry sites that actually likes feral :) *hugs*

I often dance between.  My dreams I'm fera, but if I could actually transform permantly it would have to be anthro (I love working with tech too much).

Anthro for me. Being a feral for a while would be fun, but I've got things to do, like go to school and hold down a job.

Also video games....

I wouldn't need a job once I'm a feral, just have to be cute and cuddly for mistress and a nice bed warmer so that she feeds and takes care of me.  Who could resist the bushy tail? *swish*  And I could find alternatives to allow continued gaming, tech is moving forward and something like a customized keyboard isn't that outlandish (the kind you move keys around to odd locations, not just swapping where on a normal keyboard various inputs go), though I'd have a lot of trouble playing DDR anymore (especially one using hard pads).  Could probably even muster up a workable mouse, or just engineer a paw-compatable one (and make a fortune selling it to other quadrupeds).

There is one other question though for the ferals: voice.  Retain human speech or surrender it?

I wouldn't need a job once I'm a feral, just have to be cute and cuddly for mistress and a nice bed warmer so that she feeds and takes care of me.  Who could resist the bushy tail? *swish*  And I could find alternatives to allow continued gaming, tech is moving forward and something like a customized keyboard isn't that outlandish (the kind you move keys around to odd locations, not just swapping where on a normal keyboard various inputs go), though I'd have a lot of trouble playing DDR anymore (especially one using hard pads).  Could probably even muster up a workable mouse, or just engineer a paw-compatable one (and make a fortune selling it to other quadrupeds).

There is one other question though for the ferals: voice.  Retain human speech or surrender it?

To the speech question I have no opinion either way. If it was between retaining human speech/not being feral OR surrendering human speech/being feral, then I would definitely surrender that in favor of a feral form.