CatBurglarB

Anthro Or Feral?

I thought it might be interesting to discuss whether one considers themselves a feral furry or an anthro furry and why.

Personally I consider myself to be an anthro because I can't imagine me living my life without hands, and for whatever reason, being full feral just feels weird to me, whereas anthro feels more "right". (though I have had those days when four legs just seemed more appealing).

Feral 90% of the time :3

But I am a kitsune, so I can and do shapeshift to more suitable forms :)

Guest lizardonfire

I am anthro pretty much all the time because I like to use my computer and things like that. Also I identify more with my anthro form since its easier to daydream with it than with a feral form.

Though also sometimes I feel like feral but I always maintain my front paws like usable hands.

I'm probably more anthro than feral, though some of the reasons I chose to be a squirrel was because they have hands and can stand upright. I don't think they can walk upright so there are a few differences. The most feral thing about me would be my short stature. (2' 4")

Guest solarfox

Also anthro, I need ma hands!
plus its a little easier for to me imagine it that way  ^_^

Feral for me, but I happen to have hand-like front talons, so I don't miss too much of the dexterity of not having hands.

As for why, I just know that whenever I try to think of my form as being anthro, it simply doesn't sit right. It just seems much more natural to be in a feral form.

Guest JPSylvrWolfe

fifty fifty, depending on the lunar cycle and what suits the situation.

Guest awtuck

Again, I switch. Whenever I'm doing something a human would do like type or talk I'm more anthro, but whenever I'm not doing anything like that it's 50/50

Guest Feuerstaub

I enjoy the feral form more. I somewhat feel stronger with that. You should be faster anyway, imagine a fight, if you are feral, you are much more capable of repositioning etc. ^_^

Feral. It just feels... Cool... (The awesome factor is really important for me)

Plus, it sounds better than anthro.

Not that I have anything against anthro furries!

However, anthro is easier to imagine...

TOUGH HYPNOSIS DECISIONS!!! AAARRRGHHH!!!

Edited by snakebite

Guest German Shepherd

Feral. the reason being is you can be passed of as a normal animal and if your lucky you could find a place where you don't need to worry about life's problems. you would only need to know when is your next meal?, where are you going to sleep? and how to avoid trouble?

Edited by German Shepherd

Feral. I really like being able to just imagine that I am the animal, walking on four paws, making animal sounds, etc.

Guest DesertFox

Anthropomorphic definantly. I can not live without my constant source of funny internet videos!

Guest ZalanDarkbane

If I had to choose one or the other only, It would hands down have to be Anthro.  Without hands, how would I play video games ;)  Perfect world, being able to shapeshift between the two.  Running around, playing, and sleeping are all much more enjoyable as a feral, but for practicality sake and living in a modern world as we do, being able to manipulate things with hands is just too important of a trait to give up.  At least personally.

I lean towards anthro simply because I would honestly miss my hands too much. I use them to play video games, to draw, to juggle, as well as many other things. That being said I feel comfortable with both the feral version of my persona as well as the anthro version.

Guest toxicdragon

I am always anthro.....having hands is a huge plus.

I am a firm believer in being anthro, not just for practical reasons but because I believe there is a place for the anthro furry outright to be found in this world, between human and feral but always slightly closer to animal than human, whilst being perfectly capable of functioning in a human-style civilised society (but hopefully with a hell of a lot less in-fighting).

The anthro shape has a beauty of its own. I like how the feral version of me looks too (heck, I like how the human version of me looks), but anthro red fox is definitely what I am and want to be.

Why not both? I see it more of a gradient rather than either black or white. And for that matter how much of the brain would be feral rather than anthro/human. It seems to me that there are always some core psychological attributes that we as humans would never like to give up. Personally I probably would fall closer to feral, maybe 70% of the way there :P

Guest Kirisake

Anthro, for certain. I just don't imagine feral's being able to get much done without thumbs!

Guest Jak

If i had the choice, i would be 80% feral, only to keep the free thinking and being a biped that humans have. Otherwise, completely Feral but if i was feral i would be a some kind of bird instead of a coyote...

Guest The Zen Riolu

Anthro, I must concur that while feral does look appealing and fascinating, I would perfer to be an Anthropomorphic. I like my thumbs how else would I draw *wiggles them and giggles* There are of course many other points owning to the psychological but those have been anwsered adequately by previous posters I think.