Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henry

What's Your Favorite Movie Scene?

21 posts in this topic

Here, we can all come together to share our favorite moments in the world of film. My personal favorite movie scene is from Disney's The Sword in the Stone. The scene is when Wart (aka Arthur) is in the form of a squirrel due to the magic of Merlin the Magician. Wart and Merlin find themselves as the victims of squirrel love as two female squirrels try to woo them. It is a funny scene that ends sadly when Wart and Merlin return to their human forms and the young female squirrel cries as her love walks away.

Here it is on Youtube.

I have two favorite movies currently, Fantastic Mr fox, and Repo the genetic opera. But I couldn't pick just one scene for either movie, so i threw together a couple of scenes. Here are my fav Fantastic Mr Fox scenes http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7393043/19336761 and http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7393064/19336797 And here are my fav Repo the genetic opera scenes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZcxUaPpZPM I love this song. Blind Mag (aka Sarah Brightman) has quite possibly the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. Her rendition of Phantom of the Opera is amazing. For those of you who don't know who she is, she's an opera/Broadway star and I think this was her first movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gccjQz0Yugk This scene is soo sad! I almost come to tears everytime I hear it. When I first seen it I did cry. It's so touching T_T and this

is quite possibly the best scene/song in the whole movie. Both these movies are fantastic and I recommend watching them!

Favorite SCENE? Oh man... that's a tough call. I might have to go with when Simba finally reclaims pride rock and walks to the summit as that sad but triumphant music is playing. Either that, or the Wesley vs Sicilian scene in the Princess Bride, just for the pure brilliance of it all. Although now that I think about it, that scene is tied with the Indigo Montoya fight agains the 6 fingered man.

the lion king was great back then and for newer ones i also liked bolt..

At the moment, its the opening sequence to the Wes Anderson movie The Darjeeling Limited.  Best way to quell concerns that you're using Bill Murray too much and relying on him in all your movies that I've ever seen.  Plus it cemented Adrien Brody's character as my favorite in the very beginning of the movie.

Mr. Orange's monologue in Reservoir Dogs. (The Commode Story.)

my favorite movie scene would have to be when bolt relizes that he is just a normal dog, not some superhero. Then how he learns all of the way that a regular dog is supposed to act like. :lol:

My favoratr scene would have to be the ending of Momento

Frettlessbeast, the biiiig red warning when you attempt to post to a topic that has been deserted for more than 14 days is there for a reason.

Necroposting is bad.

Please stop it.

Frettlessbeast, the biiiig red warning when you attempt to post to a topic that has been deserted for more than 14 days is there for a reason.

Necroposting is bad.

Please stop it.

To be fair, it doesn't come out if you use the Fast Reply...

Indiana jones when he shoots the taliban guy xD

I really liked the movie 2012, so I don't really have a favorite scene but I personally like the tsunami scene from the trailer..

i like the sad disney film when simba,s father died and he is going to cuddle him ad try to make him awake

Dragonheart 2 at the end were you see goff (dont know the spelling) and drake finally having what they really longed for a brother/friend

The best one in recent memory (meaning: the best one I can think of after spending about two minutes on it) is probably the climax of District 9 - I don't want to spoil anything, but if you've seen if you know what I'm talking about. It's a bit cheesy, but satisfying enough to make up for it - which describes the movie as a whole, I guess.

Technically, it was a mini series, but in Band Of Brothers, there's a scene just after a battle in a church, where the soldiers are resting in a church while a choir is singing for them. One of the soldiers is narrating about how this guy died, who got wounded, and as he starts mentioning them, soldiers start fading out.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_kiJryvmZY

Mine is in the movie Fight Club, where he is explaining the rules....for some reason, I just love that scene :D

Mine would be the scene in "Predator" where Arnold and the Predator face off in the end. The scene was tense and powerful; I still remember it fondly to this day.

Mine favourite scene? It's hard to find only one.

1) Scene in "Shawshanks Redemption", when Andy finally escape from the prison, stand up during storm and is happy because of freedom.

2) In "Number 23" I like those scenes in hotel room - when Walter is ruining walls, writing on them etc.

The Helm's Deep battle in LOTR Two Towers was one of the most epic battle ever.

I also like Braveheart (The entire movie is *F* epic)