Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danielyesdaniel

Furmorphed Vs Warp My Mind, Which Is Better?

There is only one way to find out! *Stands up and places hands on desk. "FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!"

Just kidding. I really don't have any preference to either. But i use this site more for finding help than the other.

It depends on what you're looking for really.

Personally I like WMM for the number of files, and the extensiveness of the forums. I've always found information I looked for in the forums already there so I've never needed to post there.

That said WMM's forums tend to be built for a Q&A type forum, whereas FurMorphed can have topics that are more like discussions. Also, this site is good for things like the life issues forum where you can just talk about stuff and people are nice enough to give advice and help, as opposed to WMM where you can usually just get information.

Also, I should be said that some of WMM's files can be very dangerous or mislabeled. some files are designed to be addictive, but don't say so in the description for example.

Though that might be more or less important depending on how easy you are to hypnotize. It's hard for most people, but I've heard some can do it almost as second nature. If you're one of the latter then one of the dangerous files could blindside you pretty easily.

well, that's my two cents.  :)

I think it's funny you should register and be inactive for more than the waiting period, post several spam posts that I have to remove and a topic questioning how and why you still cant access the downloads (clearly having not read the instructions or the rules) and, then you mysteriously post this as one of your topics.

I can tell you now that most of our members are most likely on both websites anyway, provided they are old enough to be there, however FM is the more furry and community orientated one. If you are looking for hypnosis I'll tell you straight; WMM has far more files than we do and they're ready access as soon as you register, maybe you would prefer their site?

The community is as good as the people that stick around to help build it. A lot of decent people have stuck around on FurMorphed and even though sometimes I want us to be the biggest and the best (most files, people writing reviews and feedback etc) I'm much happier that we run probably the nicest community instead.

It depends on what you want, really. WMM is more general hypnosis based, This is a forum specific for transformation files. You're going to get more assistance with those here, as that's what the focus is about. 

It's like saying which is better. A car forum, or a Porsche forum. 

Personally, I never clicked too well with WMM as anything other than for the files. It's why my files aren't up on that site yet. The community seems better here, and I figured that I'd get faster feedback and tips.

I wouldn't advertize other sites anyways on here out of principle. it's never a good idea.

That being said, I love elements of both sites, just depends on what you want, as stated above.

Though... psst! If there any elements of other places or ideas people would want to see here then we do have a suggestions section ;)

Though... psst! If there any elements of other places or ideas people would want to see here then we do have a suggestions section ;)

Understandable, yet... what makes WMM appealing would not work well in this environment :P Just as what makes here appealing wouldn't quite work so well there :P

Furmorphed. Fewer disturbing people.

Agreed,

And I believe this to be more of a "quantity vs quality" debate. What wmm has in file numbers, we make up for here with personable conversation, help and expertise in finding what a given subject is looking for. I tend to prefer the later.

-and of course, the suggestion box section.

Understandable, yet... what makes WMM appealing would not work well in this environment :P Just as what makes here appealing wouldn't quite work so well there :P

True facts, but I gotta do my bit and comment ^_^

Agreed,

And I believe this to be more of a "quantity vs quality" debate. What wmm has in file numbers, we make up for here with personable conversation, help and expertise in finding what a given subject is looking for. I tend to prefer the later.

-and of course, the suggestion box section.

I have been on WMM precisely once. Pretty much the first file i found was the infamous DogBrain. The second one was a file to make you unable to control your urination. The third was a file to turn you into a sex slave at the sound of a trigger.

This is why FM is better

Depends what you want really, Furmorphed imo is better than WMM in a few ways but WMM is better in a couple of others

Furmorphed

• Nicer people.
  • Less crazy people.
  • Less dangerous files (seriously some of the files on WMM are frankly disturbing if not nightmareish).
  • Nicer design :) what can I say im a web developer and I like nice looking sites.
  • More welcoming I think I get less depressed on here

WMM

• More files.
  • Highly acive forum.
  • Less helpful responses.
  • More people incouraging others to screw their lives up.
  • Again very dangerous files on there.

Having used both sites for a number of months now, im still working on my trance state somewhat. But both sites have their uses however im a lot more careful on WMM.

I dont go on all that much now, I felt I was the only sane person on there, I tried to help people not listen to stupid files or ask the questions why they needed them, but I just eventually got abuse. Most people were advocating listening to the files more and frankly made me mad.

Finding WMM was good for me in that I met a few good friends on there, but bad in that I had a mental breakdown as I couldnt handle a file someone was listening to or the file existing in the first place, im not the person I was I find im better. Im more free, open and talk a lot more :) So I guess WMM was a double edged sword for me.

You could say im a little crazy myself but im not that crazy with what I want from hypnosis its just I find everone else thinks that. All I want really is a second catgirl personality who I can share my body and mind with, but I guess it may be slightly crazy. Anyway I find WMM is the only place to go for files like that.

I dont think its a question of which one is better, its more what you want. To me I like furmorphed more and I only really use WMM for files, I dont like going on there.

Danny

From what I've seen thus far, furmorphed is not only much more sane than wmm but probably more sane than many other furry sites, which is a big part of why I'm here to begin with. I'm not even sure I'm ever going to get seriously into hypnosis other than for relaxation purposes, but if I do it will be because there are sane people here to discuss with.

I've got a few WMM files, mostly imagery and dream stuff, and even left a couple comments there, but frankly the reputation of the place has me a bit intimidated to really dive into anything from there

From what I've seen thus far, furmorphed is not only much more sane than wmm but probably more sane than many other furry sites, which is a big part of why I'm here to begin with. I'm not even sure I'm ever going to get seriously into hypnosis other than for relaxation purposes, but if I do it will be because there are sane people here to discuss with.

I've got a few WMM files, mostly imagery and dream stuff, and even left a couple comments there, but frankly the reputation of the place has me a bit intimidated to really dive into anything from there

Mmm. I feel happy for working here now. Thank you. In spite of the fact that my day just started that pretty much made it. Think I'll just go back to bed now.

Also yeah, I'd say the consensus that seems to be getting reached here sums up how I feel about both places. When I first showed up at FM I was just gonna fill out my necessary ten posts, grab my files and get gone. Slightly shy one here.

And... well clearly that didn't stick. Glad it didn't, I've met some very nice people here. As opposed to WMM, where the most I tend to get is the odd short tip on whenever I post a question. Provided it doesn't get pulled down on the thread list by the dozens of updates on the more popular threads. I s'pose the scale of the community factor is what both won me over here and drove me away from there. Go figure.

Guest shawnwolf

Warp My Mind, has alot of diveristy, however as said above, alot of desturbed people are on their, and you have to be very careful because their are more than a few files that can , either mess you up or just make you do things you wouldnt want to do, good thing i always do a cold play before accualy using the files ;).

There is an extreme difference between WarpMyMind and FM.

By the way, if it matters, I'm extremely hypnotizable.  I've learned how to be cautious.

WarpMyMind has a lot of people who have many different interests/fetishes with a few hundred (?) people making files for everything you can possibly think of -- and some I never conceived of (Iand I consider myself to have a great imagination).  The good thing about WMM is that all file labels include what they do and how long the effect is supposed to last.  If you read the file desdcription, you will find a fairly good descriptiohnf of the file's intended effects.    

There are forums dealing with everything (literally) and if there isn't, you can start one.  There are forums on how to write effective hypnosis files.  On the effectiveness of various files.  People have started forums before they tried a file -- they even debate whether or not they should use file X.  Other people post, warning them of the effects of that file.  Still others post saying "I was _______ before I used that file.  Now I'm ___________."  The person using the file posts how it is affecting their behavior Or not affecting them)  There are ratings of how effective a file is.    

When WMM was started, the files were all labeled as "Trigger" (say a post hypnotic phrase and you do something), "Train" (affects behavior in a predetermined way, usually indicated in both the name of the file and the description), and "Curse" (hypnotic files which are designed to be sticky" and permanent unless a "removal" file is paid ofr and used) files.

The Trigger/Train/Curse terminology is still used, but more haphazardly.  Some people don't like the "Curse" label and don't use it.  However, they do indicate in other ways that the file's effects is supposed to be permanent.  Some idiots -- sorry, but that's what they are -- think that "Curse" is more like an "oh, I double-dare you to use this" challenge, that, of course, would NEVER affect them!  Afterward, these geniuses complaining when they start enjoy wetting themselves.  What do they expect will happen when they listen to a file that's labeled "Curse Bedwetting"?  Duh ....

There are two generic "deprogramming" files that EMG [Evil MindWarp Guy] has made:  "DeProgramTrigger" and "DeProgramAll".  The first removes all triggers and prevents them from working after several listens (number of listens varies per person).  The second removes all "Train" and "Trigger" files.  "Curse" files do not have a generic removal file.  Of course, if you're cautious, you won't listen to "Curse" files unless it's something you really, really want.    

FurMorphed is specialized.  This is both a help and a hinderance.  All the files are specialized.  There are no non-fur "kink" files to contend with.  You don't have to worry about accidentally clicking on something you're not interested by accident.  FM is specialized and thus smaller.  There are many tists -- a few hundred, I beileve -- at WMM.  What one doesn't know, several others will be glad to share.  There are fewer 'tists here.   

One item that WMM has that might be adopted by FM is the "Voting" page.  Each WMM member get to suggest ideas for files that some hypnotist who is interested could make.  The ideas are voted upon.  Eventually those reaching the top fo the page (usually) get done when some 'tist wants to make a file but has no idea what to make.