Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatBurglarB

Furry Mannerisms

Was curious to know how many of us are prone to furry mannerisms. that is, acting like we are our fursonas.

thing like changing the way you sit to make room for a tail or bark/growling/meowing etc.

I'm prone to Poke speak, but only when no can hear me :shiftyeyes:, I turn any chair I can sideways for my tail, and eevee ears are rather long, so I have to move them outta the way of stuff a lot.

please say what your mannerisms are if you have them. :)

Kai   

Haha.... I have too many to count.... from sitting far up on a chair for tails....to actually perking my ears side to side..... to yipping and squeaking..... to desiring to walk on the balls of the feet....to just feeling like a fox... I even get into mind control aspects and transformation topics (like a good kitsune)... I do feel wagglies on my tails too.... etc etc :3

Nayton   

I have a few. Poke speak is one of them, only if i'm alone though. :oops: Sleeping curled up was a habbit i picked up out of nowhere long ago, happens randomly. I like moving my raichu ears around, it always feels great when i'm able to move them but i can barely feel them out though. The way i eat is a bit odd sometimes, i tend to eat kind of similar to how a mouse would eat, taking little bites at a time. I tend to eat that way with crackers, bread, and chips most of the time. :thinking:

I have not been able to fully experience what it's like to have a tail yet unfortuantly. :| But i do feel as though it's there, and since that feeling is a bit strong i'm always hesitant to close a door whenever i walk into a room. That's about it for me. ^_^

Damarus   

I have a few i suppose, walking digitigrade now and then, the occasional growls, random contortions and twitches, I twitch my ears to sound, when I have phantom wings I tend to adjust my posture for them, and can move the muscles in my back to 'flap' them. 

Nylitis   

I seem to have plenty of these; watching out for my tail and wings when I can feel them, moving my head as if it were on a longer neck, making all kinds of vocalizations to communicate without words, lots of curling up around or near something warm, sleeping on top of things, ect. The one thing that I take notice of the most is my reaction to being angry. While most people ball their hands into fists, I tend to ready my claws to swipe at something. There's probably quite a few more, but that's off the top of my head.

Myuu   

Always digitigrade.

Utter a lot of feline growls when annoyed or frustrated.

Claws are very important in my gestural vocabulary.

Guest shawnwolf   
Guest shawnwolf

Hmm very interesting, have you ever had certian urges? very interesting to hear about phantom limbs and such as well!. i wonder if any of you have more than one favroite type of furry (forms) ?.

Guest JPSylvrWolfe   
Guest JPSylvrWolfe

I growl... a lot! I learned to suppress that urge/behaviour since it doesn't fly in the workplace... but I do growl a lot at home.

Guest Draconic   
Guest Draconic

In the last few months, without any sort of assistance, by hypnosis or anything really, I've come to feel phantom wings and a tail, sharp claws, and an increased tendency to start baring teeth when annoyed, low guttural growls, and baring claws instead of fists. I've always had problems sitting like a normal human in a chair, its always been uncomfortable. Walking barefoot has ALWAYS been digitigrade, long before i knew what exactly i was, and of course sharp exhales blowing "smoke" out of my nostrils.

Guest awtuck   
Guest awtuck

I also progressed to feel a phantom tail, but I don't know about any mannerisms specific to otters that I've done. However, one of my furry friends did find herself meowing in front of her parents the other day when I was around, they sure gave us some strange looks :3 But focusing the attention back towards me, my fursona was a wolf for a breif time once. I always found myself baring teeth and growling when mad, and "panting" when happy a few times in private but never in public.

Guest Feuerstaub   
Guest Feuerstaub

I'm sleeping curled up very often. Some years ago I wake up and found myself curled up, now I'm going to sleep in that way. It was strange at the beginning, but felt normal after 2 or 3 days.

It's funny how these mannerisms progress. In a way, I like to see these sorts of behaviors as abnormally awesome. People express so little, as human as they are. Every day, humans and animals blur the line a little more. 
On that note, I tend to twitch my whiskers and flick my ears. More often than most, I listen with my ears instead of looking at a person. Paws will change the way you touch things. It's very relaxing to sit there and dig your claws into something. Tail twitches disturb my sleep in the mornings. It's weird but, It's almost like an alarm clock. It's kinda like your body saying "Hey! I'm rested. GTF up."
Scratching; I tend to pull/comb my fur, rather than itch at a surface. Long mono-directional strokes.