Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

The Hargrove Murders

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Mystery is afoot, my furry friends! Robberies, murders, intrigue, car chases, and more!

In the city of Hargrove, events are starting to shape up. The crime wave is getting worse, and now, a murder of a certain prominent man of high society has

garnered the attention of the newspapers. Can you figure out who did it? Why? And will you find enough evidence to make sure the culprit stays away for a good long time? Tonight, things begin to get dark indeed!

--introduction---

This RP is a game of mystery. Your characters will be of the decidedly anthropormorphic type, and will be engaged in the investigations to come.

What follows is the quick and dirty to help you get started in this world, generate a character, and what rules to be aware of. Chapter synopsis will follow, concluding with the opening scene to this little game.

This game is pg-13. There will be swearing, violence, innuendo, and other nasty bits. Just a warning

---Rules---

Thankfully, the rules are short and sweet.

1. Obey the Furmorphed Forum Policies.

2., The GM's word is law/canon, unless specified otherwise. He will provide you with enviroment, npc's, clues, and provide information on successes or failures.

3. Be nice to each other. A fun game is a co-operative game. Keep drama low!

4. No metagaming, power gaming, god moding, and so on.

5. The gm will not kill off your character without your permission. Death will only be set if you do something really...really stupid.

---Characters----

The city is a modern day city populated by furries of all walks of life.

You will most likely take one of three roles,

A detective, part of the police station,

a PI, operating as a hired third body,

or a regular person who simply got too curious.

When you make a character, don't make someone who is absolutely perfect, or extremely magical.

Besides that, most anything goes!

If you have a question, just pm TheBaldurNoob, and he will get you on the right path!

Post all characters in the character thread, and PM me a notice. I will tell you if you are good to go!

Chapters -----

1.Blackmail and Bloody Steps (current game)

Roger Defoe was, by all accounts, a very, very clever red fox. He was also a well to do fox, on top of that.

Good looks, white teeth, good breeding, a very infectious laughter, and a smile always on his muzzle.

Though, Roger was not smiling, not now. Then again, why would he? He laid face down on the floor, his blond ponytail caked in blood, the floor beneath him pooled with the stuff. His pockets had been turned inside out, his desk opened, and his laptop now gone.

The police photographer snapped pictures of the bloody boot prints leading out the window, down the fire escape of his apartment, any clue out there either now soaked by rain or washed away.

Roger Defoe was dead. And it's up to you to figure out why, in Blackmail and Bloody Steps!

Max stepped out of the rain and into the front room, shaking a bit of the water out of the fur on his ears. Not wanting to waste much time on getting a look at the stiff, he flashed his ID to the police stationed about and began heading upstairs.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

The apartment must've been old. It was a 12 story affair, with a very simple elevator. The outside of the apartment, including the lobby, was just brick, mortar, mauve wall paint, and black and white tiles, bright under the buzzing halogen bulbs.

Upon entering the 12th floor, the apartment was easily identifable by the rookie cop standing in front. The first thing one might have noticed was the decor change. It was all wood paneled walls and carpet. The light provided in the hall was all green glass lamps, electric, sitting on small tables. The one immediate to the door bore a set of care keys, some mail, brochures, and a few pieces of junk mail.

The mail had been storted already, it looks like!

A few police technicians work the apartment, the officer in charge standing in the kitchen.

Max passed through the apartment slowly, giving everything and everyone a decently long staring with wide eyes at as he passed by it, getting a few stares back in return. "Oh great. It's Spellman," one of the cops from afar said after spying Max, who was scrawling something in a notepad. Slipping it into his jacket pocket, Max made his way to the kitchen to meet up with the officer.

Ivan McMillan entered the apartment, flashing his PI badge to whomever looked his way. He was a tall fellow, a lizard, with dark green scales and golden eyes. He wore a black trenchcoat and blue silk scarf, and black denim jeans. He caught Max out of the corner of his eye and went to join him.

His ears flicking some, Max snapped his head around to see Ivan approaching. Private investigator? Am I not good enough? ...No. They just want this done quickly and efficiently. And there haven't been many official investigator's available recently. ...But if there's another coming in, they might think this place has more than it's showing. Have I missed something?

Max went over these thoughts some, his eyes beginning to wander around the room as he tried to ease his tension. All the lights seemed brighter, which seemed to highlight anything with strong reflectivity. The buzz from the lamps was no help either. Max's head started to hurt. Every little detail suddenly seemed magnified. Lamps. Keys. Mail. Mail.... the cat started to regain his calm, still staring at everything around him. That slight twitch was still there though, in his eyes.

"McMillan," Max said, nodding some with his eyes still trained on the mail. Was that rude? I should've shaken his hand. Too late now. Don't be so rude next time he thought, shaking his head a bit.

"Detective Maxwell Spellman," Max said, this time making sure he offered a hand to shake. "You're registered with the department. Not that much cold blood in there, so I remembered your face."

How hard can it be to break into a building via the fire escape?

That's the question Alex was getting an answer to. And that answer was...Pretty hard.

It got easier after he managed to climb the ladder, but he still had to find the floor the crime scene was one, then get into it.

He decided to start with the second floor and work his way up. He opened the window and got to work.

2nd floor. Nothing.

3rd floor. Nothing.

Floors 4 through 11. Nothing.

Then on the 12th floor, he saw it. The crime scene. At least, he hoped it was. There was a cop standing outside one of the rooms, so the chances of that being what he was looking for seemed pretty good.

He pulled his camera out and headed for the room.

"Alexander Mathers, I'm here to report on the crime scene."

Ivan shakes the paw and nods in agreement. "Not much is right! Last I checked, it was me and Morris Underhill, the copperhead from Alabama." He looks over at Mathers as he turns up. "Aren't you the fellow from the Daily Post?"

Still in an effort to focus on the present happenings, Max's gaze jumped around along the floor. First to Ivan's feet, then to Alex's, then to his own. "Hmm," Max murmured, squinting a bit at Alex.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

((OKAY! Sorry. My brain is a bit loopy. Let's get some detail going. First off...))

-----------------------------To Max

Max, the email looks like it's been sorted. Someone has already gone through it.

The officer in the kitcen looked over. "Detective, I can't find anything in the kitchen out of place. You might need to check over elsewhere...wait."

The officer quirked an eyebrow. "What the hell is the press doing here already?"

----To Alex

The officer looks more than mildly ticked off at you.

He might be one of the guys that had been involved in the processing case last month, where someone accidentally got away.

That's even more funny. You got here at the beginning of the investigation.

---To Ivan

It looks like you got here after Max. That's odd. Something must either be really out of sorts here, or you are just lucky.

It looks like Max hasn't had the chance to check the bedrooms, the bathroom or the study. From the looks of things, the study is where it happened.

Shrugging to the officer, Max strolled by, leaning down to whisper in Alex's ear as he passed. "I'd clean off the rain and grime if I were you. Not that much protection in scaling twelve stories," he whispered, quiet enough so that the inspector couldn't hear. He kept going, snatching up the mail and beginning to sort through it as he absentmindedly paced through the rooms, not paying complete attention to where he was going.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

------To Max

The stuff that was junk was vanila. That was easy. However, it looks like some of these weren't marked with postage. One of them felt particularly weighty, and was addressed only to the Victim, without any return. The other two that were marked like this were open, and completely empty. There wasn't any mail in the trash, so, whatever had been in there was gone.

Thankfully, black spots thow that the envelopes had been dusted for prints. Interestingly, the only unopened envelope felt like it had three things in it.

The officer looked at Max. "Well!? Did you invite him or something?!"

As Max wandered the rooms, he could probably see that there we all high quality. A nice writing desk with some loose cables, a large master bed splattered with blood, a rather handsome dead fox on the floor...the towels missing, the guest room just as nicely furnished..

"Oh, detective Spellman! Watch where you're stepping!"

A white tabby cat with red hair meeped, who had been dusting the bathroom for prints.

---To Alex

The officer isn't really happy to see you here at all.

Max looked away from the mail just in time to see his foot hovering over a puddle of blood. "Oh," he said, bringing himself slowly back. "Oi! Camera... person," Max trailed off some, calling back to Alex. "Think you could snap a few shots of this?" he asked while gesturing for him to follow, acting as if this was his answer to the officer's question. It helped that he usually sounded this absent minded around his own coworkers.

Making sure to step carefully around the crime scene and not disturb anything, Max stripped open the sealed envelope with his claw, and peaked inside.

"Uh. Yeah! Sure!" Alex said, following after Max.

He's in! He's actually in! And before anyone else!

"Right, photos..." He muttered to himself as he got to work snapping a few pictures with his camera.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

----To Max

The white tabby sighed, closing up her filled kit and then tapping the detective on the shoulder. "Mister Spellman..."

...Oh. Oh wow. That's a lot of money.

It looks like someone sent the victim $3000 dollars.

--To Alex

It looks like that the blood spatter starts at the door to the bedroom, from the splatter on the wall. A bigger one inside probably means the victim was hit twice.

"Hmm, yes?" Max responded to the tabby, adjusting his inspection gloves some while looking through the envelope a bit more to see if anything else was in there, not caring about the money at first. "Also, get someone here to take this over to the station for evidence," he said, looking back up to make sure he wasn't stepping into anything else.

Turning his attention to the splatters of blood along the walls, Max answered Alex. "Looks like he took a gunshot wound. Possibly a gunshot wound. Could be a gunshot wound..." Max started trailing off some, his brain still processing a few things he had picked up.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

-----To Max and Ivan

The tabby nodded. "I just finished processing the bathroom. You can look in there if you want. I'll go ahead and get the evidence processed, if that is fine. The coroner should be here soon. He got caught in traffic. Mister Ivan, Doug finished processing the kitchen if you would like to check there. Mike is still checking out the murder room.

The officer in the kitchen walked up."I'm done here, Detectives. Can I go?"

---To Alex.

The officer from the kitchen shoots you a rather dirty look, before leaving it be. The tabby elbows Doug, shaking her head.

Max nodded to the officer as he handed off the envelope for processing. I'll check to see if there's anything else about that envelope later he mentally noted himself, beginning to make his way into the bathroom.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

------------- To Max

The bathroom was mess. The towel rack was ripped from the wall, laying in the tub, the wastebin knocked. Bits of red fur lay on the ground, however, it looks like some was taken for processing already. The rug leading in was rumbled inside the door way.

----to Ivan

The kitchen looks almost untouched. Dinner still laid out, some bread spread with olive oil, parsley and garlic, a tomato soup and wine still in the glass.

Shoes sat next to the fridge, but beyond that, nothing was out of line. At least, not from first glance.