Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Feetsalot

Movie Poll

Guest Feetsalot   
Guest Feetsalot

Hello, I am new and I was just wanting to know about people. Anyway, I decided to make a poll, sort of, about what your favorite movie is. In conclusion, to enter the poll just reply with the name of your favorite movie. I hope to see some responses!

That's actually quite a tough question, one that gets harder the more movies people watch.

There's so many different films to like for different reasons. From films with personal significance to great popcorn blockbusters.

For a transformation movie, I always liked David Cronenberg's version of 'the fly': A nasty business to be sure, but it really gets into the meat of physical and mental transformation.

For a general movie I'd have to pick 'Yellow Submarine': Kind of one long pop video for the Beatles really, but full of a wonderful invention and a warm psychedelic sensibility.

What's your favourite movie then?

My favorite movie is usually whatever I'm worked up to see next. :) I appreciate movies that are able to get through my saavy and jaded cinema jaundice and surprise me. Examples of that... I think I felt as the fabric of reality was messed with a little when I stepped out from seeing Being John Malkiovich the first time. But I'll confess, I usually seek out more affirming and conventional fare, like the last two movies I saw, 'Argo,' and 'Skyfall,' or the next one I'm likely to catch, 'The Hobbit.'

Eozdniw   

Oh gosh, this is a difficult one to do because there are just so many different movies that I might like for so many different reasons. I suppose that if I had to choose one and only one it would probably be the Two Towers, from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. But close behind you'd find the others from the Lord of the Rings, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Harry Potter too, probably...hmm...the Order of the Phoenix would probably be my favourite out of those, but the Prisoner of Azkaban is amazing as well.

Guest VextheDragon   
Guest VextheDragon

Eoz, which Willy Wonka are you talking about, either way, thanks for the memories...

favorate film at the moment, well i can tell you my 5 least favorates wiht even having to think *coughTWILIGHTcough* but favs...

very tough one, although i think i'm going to have to go with Dragonheart, that is a damn good film.

as is Ladyhawk, it's between those two for me.

Eozdniw   

I meant the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder, the one that gets meme-fied so very often. But I like the one with Johnny Depp as well, and Danny Elfman was a genius with the music, as he usually is.

Dragonheart...I wouldn't say it's one of my favourites but it still has a special place in my heart, and in my memories. Honestly, it's been so difficult to choose those movies...probably if you asked me next week, or next month, I'd give you a slightly different answer. I have so many movies that I enjoy.

Guest VextheDragon   
Guest VextheDragon

I meant the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder, the one that gets meme-fied so very often. But I like the one with Johnny Depp as well, and Danny Elfman was a genius with the music, as he usually is.

i was thinking the same one, god the memories... that was one of the first films i ever owned on VHS...

Mmm. Far too many movies are locked up in the nostalgic vault to pick just one. For recent movies though I'd pick Inception. I'm a sucker for complex plots. That or How To Train Your Dragon. Or The Avengers. Or... crud. Guess there's too many recent movies I like a lot too.

Guest volk   
Guest volk

My fav would probably be either caddyshack or groundhog day. Gotta love bill murray.

Guest Curioustestsubject   
Guest Curioustestsubject

Favorite Movie? There are too many for me to choose... Plus I haven't been to the movie in quite some time.

Is it weird that I've never seen the Dark Night movies?

Guest GrayWolf   
Guest GrayWolf

I really wanna see Warm Bodies. I think that would be my favorite movie. I know I haven't seen it yet but I have that feeling it would be! ^_^