Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest VextheDragon

Nostalgic Movie/cartoon Thread

Guest VextheDragon

well, i figured this place needed one, feel free to talk about any cartoon or movie you loved from your childhood, who knows, some others may have liked it just as much.

i'll start with a recent-ish one; Xiaolin Showdown. anyone remember that one? just started watching from the second season onwards and fell in love with it once again, mostly cause i remembered how much of a bad@$$ Chase Young was/is

Reboot and Beast Wars. Two of my favorite CGI animated shows. Mainframe entertainment made so many good shows..

As for more traditional animation. Invader Zim. Courage the Cowardly Dog, Grim & Evil, Dexter's Lab, Cow & Chicken.. Pretty much anything from the classic Cartoon Network era... Angry beavers, Aaaaah! Real Monsters, Fairly Odd Parents, Spongebob, Rugrats (Before they grew up and ruined it)

I could sit here and list them all day..

Oh gosh. There's too many to name, luckily I have a top 100 list up on youtube. They are only 90's cartoons but I still would like to work on a 2000-2009 list sometime. I'm putting the top 10 of the 90's cartoons in my opinion here. You can see the rest of the parts if you want, but a few may not be available in some countries or they may be mute.

These are what I believe to be the best written, voice acted, animated, and best story, not my personal favorites. That said, Slayers is my favorite show. It was back in what I believe to be 1996. They had a newer series in the late 2000s but the best were from 1996-1998. I love the show!

slayers-try-episode-7-english-dubbed.jpg

Guest VextheDragon

wow, the memorys, i'll chuck out Beyblade, Cardcaptors, Watership Down (both the film and show) Yu-Gi-Oh (original though to Legendairy Dragons/Seal of (insert stupidly hard to spell word here), GX and onwards is pretty bad IMO) Duel Masters, Megaman NT Warrior... god how do i remember all these?

also, neither Cartoon nor film but a huge impact on my childhood, does anyone remember Robot Wars?

also, neither Cartoon nor film but a huge impact on my childhood, does anyone remember Robot Wars?

Yes.. Epic show, they still show it on Dave now and then.. fun to try and remember which robots I'de seen when It first aired.

The ps2 game was pretty fun too.

Guest VextheDragon

Yes.. Epic show, they still show it on Dave now and then.. fun to try and remember which robots I'de seen when It first aired.

The ps2 game was pretty fun too.

glad to see someone other then me remembers it, i had the PS2 game as well (which could of been done a lot better IMO)

can you remember your favs? i have 2 that i loved, one who never did too well (unlucky draws) and one who almost won first time he showed up and then got worse and worse, although he was always fun to watch, those being Gemini and Hypnodisk respectively... oh hey, HYPNOdisk, and it had a spiral on the blade, go figure i'd end up on a hyponsis site XD

Hypnodisc won a few of the tournaments as far as I remember or at least got to the quater finals of most of the series they were entered in. Tornado II was a personal favorite Mainly for the swap in/swap out weapon system they designed for it, pretty unique for robot wars, though their circular spinning disk frame that made the size of it so large it couldn't actually fit in the pit properly was a bit crafty. I also liked Razor purely for how accurate the pneumatic spike was when it would often dig into the wheelarch and cause massive damage from inside.

They should really bring that show back.

Guest VextheDragon

Hypnodisc won a few of the tournaments as far as I remember or at least got to the quater finals of most of the series they were entered in. Tornado II was a personal favorite Mainly for the swap in/swap out weapon system they designed for it, pretty unique for robot wars, though their circular spinning disk frame that made the size of it so large it couldn't actually fit in the pit properly was a bit crafty. I also liked Razor purely for how accurate the pneumatic spike was when it would often dig into the wheelarch and cause massive damage from inside.

They should really bring that show back.

Hypnodisk got to the grand final and lost Vs Chaos two and so was runner up, next they got to the match before the grand final and lot to Pussycat and was too badly damaged to face Stinger and so took number 4, next got to the same round and lost to Bigger Brother (a lucky break for the BB team, Hypnodisk was destroying them) and i can't remember further then that.

yes, Tornado was also pretty impresseve i did like him.

ah yes, Razor with it's "nine tonnes of squeesibility" which was a hydrolic spike (oil powered) not Pneumatic (air powered)

and yes, they should bring it back!

Guest Two-winged Cat

wow, the memorys, i'll chuck out Beyblade, Cardcaptors, Watership Down (both the film and show) Yu-Gi-Oh (original though to Legendairy Dragons/Seal of (insert stupidly hard to spell word here), GX and onwards is pretty bad IMO) Duel Masters, Megaman NT Warrior... god how do i remember all these?

At a wild guess: because they're not nostalgic and mostly ended in the last decade? I know Megaman NT Warrior only finished transmission in 2007...

Though I do remember seeing the pilot for Beyblade in an unannounced broadcast on Cartoon Network (as was) with VAs' lines containing all sorts of translation errors, no theme music... and then seeing it again as the first episode a few months later and being wholly underwhelmed by the few minor changes they'd made. And kind of being disappointed that they'd changed the generic battle shout to "Let it rip" from "Let it ride"... though I guess the latter wouldn't have fit in with the story arc they appeared to have pulled out of a plot hole the size of Jupiter.

Robot Wars got a whole lot better when they ditched Jeremy Clarkson in favour of Craig Charles aka Dave Lister, he had the right feel for the show. But I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, the rules were prohibitive of any form of innovation, and though they tried to squeeze in a few walkers that was about as far as it went before sameyness made it die. A few years later I found out at least a couple of the house robots were made by some of the people who went on to make Mythbusters, which was pretty cool!

Guest Kado

Is it just me or did Mighty Max contain every single transformation trope between its various episodes? I swear shows like that are what got me into hypno TF to begin with.

Guest therealchucknorris

Dexter's Lab.

I really miss Dexter's lab.

Dexter's Lab.

I really miss Dexter's lab.

If you get the Boomerang channel, they still show it every day, and yes Dexter's lab really is a great show.

I would like to add something to this page and I hope that it can touch your hearts as it did mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h0H00aLo50

Guest Curioustestsubject

Anyone here remember that Pac-man show? I never watched it... only the Chritmas special.

And am I the only who Johnny Bravo and the Speed Racer shows? Probably not.

Megas XLR, Dexter's Laboratory, Angry Beavers, and All That. Best shows ever...

Anyone here remember that Pac-man show? I never watched it... only the Chritmas special.

And am I the only who Johnny Bravo and the Speed Racer shows? Probably not.

How could I forget doing the monkey to Johnny Bravo's theme song XD.

Good times... good times...