Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Two-winged Cat

The Paralympics

Guest Two-winged Cat   
Guest Two-winged Cat

The paralympics are well and truly underway, and to be honest, I'm far more excited about them then I was about the olympics. I'm watching the men's 1500m T11 at the moment - athletes with different disabilities and impairments are grouped together, and T11 is the group for severe visual impairments. To further level the playing field, they all run with blacked-out visors.

They're running with fully-sighted "guide" runners to keep them on the track - they run behind the runner. I think it's incredible that these people have gone on to overcome their difficulties and put on a fantastic show for all of us. What's caught your interest about the games? :)

Esqui   

Like the adverts say, they are superhuman! I've not seen very much of the paralympics as I've been at work, but the athletes themselves are incredible.

Guest Edain   
Guest Edain

Well for those of us in the UK, Channel 4's website has full coverage of the Paralympics and will do for the rest of the year. It's a bit tricky to navigate until you get the knack of it though...