Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christa Mactire

Neil Armstrong Passes Away At 82

Neil-Armstrong-american-flag-350x350.jpeg

"Do you know how many people are watching this live on the telly? Half a billion, and that's nothing, because the human race will spread out among the stars, you just watch them fly. Billions and billions of them, for billions and billions of years. And every single one of them, at some point in their lives, will look back at this man, taking that very first step, and they will never, ever forget it." -The Doctor

Esqui   

I'm still in awe of him. I find it difficult to comprehend how he was the first person to set foot on THE FREAKING MOON. He went into space and stood on a huge body of rock, like Earth but smaller. He was the first living thing to do so, not one scrap of organic matter touched that spot in the previous however many million years. And he went into a rocket (which he flew himself), went there, got out and did something you couldn't even prepare for. Then launched the rocket with a pen.

"Don't put it off another minute longer

Don't go all soft, you've gotta be stronger

Don't speculate, 'cause no one ever knows

It's up to fate, and you can't predict the way it goes"

DDM   

I still can't believe he died... He was the first person on the moon. I....Just don't know what to say.