Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damarus

Origins

Damarus   

Yay for vague topic titles..

One thing allways kinda puzzled me, how do most people go about working out what animal they then decide to make into a fursona, and i suppose especially with a site like this, how you go about working what animal you would want to hypnotize yourself into having the traits of?

I imagine my indecisiveness has been one of the main problems why this kind of hypnosis has never worked for me. Seeing as I've not really thought or worked out what my "Fursona" would be, it's always just been a case of "That looks like a laugh to try" and not really having a proper connection with it.. Probably why I've always been more interested in all round shapeshifters than just anthros, Least then you have the freedom of not being stuck with one choice. :P

So is this just me being picky or did everyone else have similar problems? How did you work out yours?

(Didn't know if this should be in the furry hypnosis or general sections.. I imagine if it's in the wrong one it'll be moved :P )

Guest VextheDragon   
Guest VextheDragon

I have always found myself in love with dragons, from as early as i can remember, so it was a no brainer to make my fursona one as well.

but it's true what Amike said, i've seen people change there fursona all the time, as have i, for that matter, although it's always been some kinda of dragon.

Kai   

~My answer is going to sound weird.....Just going with that~

At some point in my life when figuring out a fursona, I deliberated and deliberated on which animal felt the most "right" and "representative" of myself. At the time, I couldn't think of anything else other than fox.. So I went with it.....started trying hypnosis for it.... Nothing was working right, so I made a switch to the 2nd closest animal I could think of which was raccoon. I went with that for a while and actually had mild success with it in hypnosis settings.... After a kind of spectacular experience with a friend, I realized that I still leaned more heavily towards fox and was unsatisfied with anything else (this transitioning period marked heavily in my journals..I'm skipping like months worth of stuff here.......involving a strange personality split from overquestioning and pushing myself).......During this time, I came to the conclusion that I relate to all this at a much deeper level than just a "fursona"..... like being a fox is who I "am" rather than just a fun identity to take on..... And sometime this summer, personal searching led me to the final conclusion of being a kitsune.

I hope this made any sense. It's a great topic idea. Any extra details are in my journal, and you can PM me about any specific questions.

Damarus   

So i guess being completely indecisive is nothing too problematic then XD.. Now that i think about it, that probably would be a good hypnosis file idea.. Something that lets you work out what you actually want..

@Kairen - That sounds more like therianthropy/otherkin than anything. Interesting stuff.

Kai   

So i guess being completely indecisive is nothing too problematic then XD.. Now that i think about it, that probably would be a good hypnosis file idea.. Something that lets you work out what you actually want..

@Kairen - That sounds more like therianthropy/otherkin than anything. Interesting stuff.

Actually, it is XP

Kai   

Figured as much :P Never have quite fully worked out what I am in that aspect.. Might go into more detail at one point..

Nothing wrong with figuring out who you are..human or otherwise :3

Damarus   

Nothing wrong with figuring out who you are..human or otherwise :3

Oh i know :P It's just been a massive pain in the ass.. 8 years waiting and I'm still no closer as to figuring out much yet :P

Kai   

Oh i know :P It's just been a massive pain in the ass.. 8 years waiting and I'm still no closer as to figuring out much yet :P

Tis ok, I've lived these 20 some-odd years and took me till about half a year ago to figure things out.

Guest KitsuneKit   
Guest KitsuneKit

Originally, I wanted to be a tiger like in Calvin and Hobbes, I thought the Transmogrifier was really cool. Then somewhere down the line, I wanted to be a skunk, but it was when I read up on kitsunes and I found their transformation and illusion magic cool that I wanted to be a kitsune and I made a 3-tailed kitsune character. Then I talked with other kitsunes and I found the whole "god-mode" power thing really annoying so I just dropped 2 of the tails and now I'm just a fox.

Kanibal   

This discussion had kinda died away and... didn't really need revival.. Though holy whatsits, I know I approve accounts but I don't pay that much attention, hello again K!

Guest KitsuneKit   
Guest KitsuneKit

This discussion had kinda died away and... didn't really need revival.. Though holy whatsits, I know I approve accounts but I don't pay that much attention, hello again K!

Oh, I apologize. I just wanted to add to this discussion instead of making a new thread about how I came to choose my species. And thank you, it's good to be back.

Kanibal   

Admittedly it was a good topic but I think the ambiguous name and poor choice of timing on the OP's part (really slow few weeks) meant it died away. It was also made, as far as I know, before we have a full biography field and the very full profile system we have now.

Guest augustactor   
Guest augustactor

I've always thought about wolves

They've been deemed My Spirit animal on several accounts

My Animagus and Patronus

etc. etc.

It just feels right :D

Guest Forneus   
Guest Forneus

Originally, I made a random fish character because of a running inside joke. It didn't fit at all. I realized over time that people likened me to a cat, and that I like catlike things (stereotypically), so I made a cat. :P