Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Nathan Redfield

A Suspected Hate Shooting In Wisconsin

Guest apersonwhoknows

Well, We've all pretty much talked about the story that sweeped the nation here in the United States About the Aurora shooting in Colorado Ohio-- where I have family members that live. Well, it turns there was another shooting done right here in my very own state of Wisconsin in Oakcreek. I end up hearing of the incident today in the news about 6 people being killed today by possiblely by 4 gunmen. A Hate crime perhaps? maybe. But this is surely horrible news for people here where I live.

For all the talk about terrorism and the talks about people's guns being taken away. This could surely maybe lead to more problems. But, I'll let you guys talk about and decide for yourselves. A link is displayed on the bottom here.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-sikh-violence-20120806,0,1454548.story

I'm worried that certain groups might be looped into this shooting and be unfairly prejudiced against... as well as the fact that they might have tougher gun control laws (which... I would like to keep my protective measures, thank you.)... I saw this on the news and got the overwhelming feeling this is going to be used against us in the US really really badly..... Maybe I'm paranoid, but after this event and the Colorado shootings, I'm liable to believe that some crazy political move is going to take place.

Guest apersonwhoknows

I'm worried that certain groups might be looped into this shooting and be unfairly prejudiced against... as well as the fact that they might have tougher gun control laws (which... I would like to keep my protective measures, thank you.)... I saw this on the news and got the overwhelming feeling this is going to be used against us in the US really really badly..... Maybe I'm paranoid, but after this event and the Colorado shootings, I'm liable to believe that some crazy political move is going to take place.

That's a possibility. But as for this story here its still in its development. That said, it's still s senseless tragedy. Hopefully the people will find solace.

The stupidity saddens me. Did you know that there have been over 250 attacks on Sikhs in the US since 9/11? All by idiots (to put it lightly) wanting revenge for the attacks. I geniuinely cannot understand how they assume that anyone with a turban is a Muslim - muslims generally dont wear turbans.