Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christa Mactire

The Aurora Tragedy

For those of you unaware, a man walked into a showing of the latest Batman film in Aurora, Colorado and proceeded to shoot the place up. According to Good Morning America, 12 were killed and 59 injured. My personal thoughts are best summarized in the following George Takei quote:

529648_496805060348952_55955535_n.jpg

It was an awful and scary thing to happen. I was at the Batman premiere in my own town; it could have easily been me in that situation. It makes me thankful for life and further wonder about the insanity that lies within this world.

I don't read Batman comics. I don't watch Batman films. But I recognize Batman's a pretty cool guy. I also recognize that the people in that theater liked the man with the cape and cowl in the same way I like the madman with the box. They didn't deserve to die.

Guest apersonwhoknows

Yeah I pretty much heard a lot about this too here. This story has been on all last night. The thing I don't really understand is that if he needed some help in school somehow and his grades were slipin'. Then why in the hell didn't he even bother to get help? Whatever the true reason as to why this guy did what he did is completely oblivious to me. All I know is that it's a senseless act that didn't need to be done.

A lot more people could've been killed if someone would've stepped foot in his apartment sense he had it rigged.

It is a pretty intense situation. It always feels so depressing whenever something like this happens. And of course I actually live really close to Aurora, and it's put everyone here in Colorado on edge.