Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

masterdc123

Theoretical Politics

i am wondering what laws might the various governments bring forth after a succesful full TF is able to be done on a generally wide scale.

would they treat us more as animals and take away most of our human rights?

would the seggragate with seperate schools, areas of town, or even entire towns that we wouldn't be allowed in?'

even though it wouldn't be a law situation what of the job market for the newly furred, would the general company fire a furred employee or just not hire more?

then also we have to think of the people who would think going through the transformation so imoral (whether it be for religious or otherwise) that they might try more violent mesures. if they do (and we all know there will be at least a few) would you be able to fight back?

in my opinion it wil most likly be close to when the slaves were freed but actually worse to some degree just because of the fact that even in modern day society we would be considered a danger to some and would be killed on site in specific areas but wouldn't be able to fight back since the police forces would most likly be on the side of the ones killing us off. as for jobs if you work in areas with food or anywhere that you would have to were a hair net you would probably be fired unless you could were a full body suit. also many places wouldnt allow us to work in public especially in smaller towns and cities.

even through all of this though i would still go through with the transformation and if it as bad as i think it will be then i will fight back to and make the rebellion of the IRA look like a fight in the school yard. my primary weapon (and also the reason i think i could win) is VERY high explosives. i can basically take the amount of energy around 5 sticks of dynamite gives of when it is detonated and compress it down into a pen. the explosive is also safe for the enviroment even though that isn't what would be thought of when it goes of or is handled but i digress.

anyway now that my ranting is over it is your turn to post what you think will happen as far as the laws would go and whether or not you would fight back.

Guest apersonwhoknows   
Guest apersonwhoknows

Well, when it comes to a TF. There would have to be laws to be past in order to protect these beings from harm. There are already such laws right now to protect certain people that feel like they are undefensive and can't protect themselves from harm. So yes, in my opinion they would have to have such laws and would. Hate wouldn't be tolerated. I know somehow if I was in a position power--I would make that so. But I would be dreaming. Now, is that a little too optimistic? Probably so. But I like the idea of being positive when it comes to these things. I do believe in diversity and that creative individual.

And for people treating anthros like animals, there would be no need for that. Sure there would racists and the like scouring the towns to even look for trouble. But like I said before, there would have to be some laws to protect these beings from harm. People need to understand that we are selfs are primates (fancy animals) but in a different image. People seem to forget that automatically. But people on here would say otherwise due to certain belief systems. I know introducing a whole new (if not too new) species into the mix is not all that easy.

For a another species to become slaves I think we are already past that prime. This isn't the 1800's anymore. Would there be racism? certainly! But you know a certain selective margin would help these beings and except them as their own. We are coming at a time where us young people are challenging beliefs systems, becoming more caring towards others and more excepting of other things.

Even when it comes to gay people (such as myself here including) even they feel ostracized and are told by some even to live on a deserted island and be to themselves. But now these days we are more very loving towards them and excepting. It's funny how some people talk now these days. And people are still trying to fight for their rights as a whole. May it be certain nationalities, creeds, genders, religions and whatever else. But someday they too will win the fight and that we all except each other.

Now time will tell for this matter because it's a little hard to say what will really happen. But I'd like to keep a good positive head on my shoulders. But maybe not too positive. I know others are maybe gonna disagree with in some things here. But it's a good discussion to think and have about.

Kai   

Note: I may not be accurate on some of this information. I have no way of knowing how government will work at that time ._.

It all depends on "how" it would be made widely available.

If TF was say....spread like "tattoo parlors", you might be looked at differently for getting it done, but a large amount of the population would definitely have to approve to make it a marketable business in the world for such procedures. Laws of approval would have to already be in place for it to spread in this manner. Certainly, "furry equality" would have to be addressed before these "TF shops" can spread to any sizable scale.

Local populace? Just think how certain groups already think of unusual body modification and lifestyle choices. There will be those that both hate and embrace it. At its worst, I think it'll be like how certain groups treat the homosexual lifestyle.....not to the point of "slavery" though. Separation from those worried "will" happen, but it will be like how you worry about a "shady looking" guy on the street.

Jobs? Of course there would be restrictions. Having an animal body working at certain jobs can be...."hazardous" to the industry, yourself, and others. A food industry would be more hesitant to "hire" you because of all the fur. There would be no "equal opportunity" application here because of the fact that it wasn't something based on "birth" but on a "choice" that was made. They wouldn't "have" to hire you under equal opportunity because you didn't "have" to undergo the TF. I'm certain though that with a large part of the population becoming furred, furs will be able to get jobs after the initial patch of joblessness because there will be furs that will be the employers.

If it's a more underhanded "black market" situation for TF and enough of us really want it that badly, I might could see some of the worse options happening. Exile, segregation, and loss of rights are more likely in this situation. It would be seen as a "weapon" against people, and the forces that be would try everything in their power to stop its growth. It would be harshly treated like the "drug war" going on with all the illegal drugs in many countries. But if you are changed, you are changed... that would be much harder to hide than a bag full of crack. Eventually, there would be an attempt for "cures" and "rehabilitation" for those changed...and those that still exist would be eased into society or locked away. It would be the risk taken. I think more "X-men" for this situation.

Um.....I think that's it... Did I overthink this? o.o

Summary: Likely acceptance with some initial troubles except in an "underground situation" where there will be larger rejection.

Esqui   

I don't think there would be any difference. You may be subject to more prejudice, but in the eyes of the law, you would still count as human. You would not be any more or less subject to the laws. Why would there be any change to that?

Esqui   

Sorry, but why wouldn't you be human in the eyes of the law? If I put on a skirt, I wouldn't be female by law. Even if I went for a full gender reassignment, I would still have to apply to change my legal gender...it doesn't happen automatically. You would still be able to think, reason, and behave as you did before.

There's no precedent for this; it would likely result in nothing changing...but I know how furries do love to think the world is against them.

I think that most of the politics would remain the same, and that you would still be considered 'human' but by doing so you also put yourself in the unfavorable position of being in a minority and humans doing what they do, will generally dislike anything that is 'different'. In a fair society, you wouldn't lose your rights, but you would also set yourself up as a target for harassment.

I don't know if this direction would be off topic though, but my concerns would be more pointed towards the companies who preform the TF, and what kind of control they have over your further actions. This might not be a problem depending on the technology used, but I know that companies who create genetically modified foods have patents on all the plants they make, and all the seeds made from those plants. That could mean that the companies technically 'own' you, and could take legal action or tax you for doing things like having children, or leaving the country. Idk, just my 5 cents.

Well, if were talking about body modification to resemble another creature, i think most liberal societies would permit it, although I suspect there might be a lot of regulation of the process, maybe even some psychological assessment.

However, if your talking about genetic recombination, of creating a person who is a genetic mix of human and animal, then your probably in trouble.

At the very least, chimerical organisms present a danger as a bridge for pathogens - If a hybrid between a rabbit and human was to catch myxomatosis, there's a chance that the disease could mutate and spread to the human population. After all, diseases cross the species barrier all the time, without the aid of such a convenient stepping stone.

That is reason alone for hybrids to be looked upon with suspicion and fear. And even if your 100% human DNA under your pelt, or just a consciousness downloaded into a 100% grade-A raccoon. your probably going to have to deal with the fallout from that.

Guest FurrehIzzy   
Guest FurrehIzzy

if there were such a company, wouldn't it be better simply to have civilizations made for furries of all sorts? There are nudist camps, and other such things, why not make furry camps, and make a society all about being furry? I personally think that the furry community has always been adaptable to the point where even if things didn't go over well, they'd make things well themselves. That's my belief, and if I became a fur, and suffered persecution, I'd at least attempt to make a civilization, starting out with a small organization, then grow it from there into an organization dedicated to furs. That would be my plan at least, all it would take from there is numbers. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Though admittedly, deezl has made a great point, better than I've heard of yet. I guess depending on the method of how the specie was altered would determine that. If say the specie was altered using a medium that would change once and then leave the system, such as a virus, or possibly a surrogate or surgery, this it would be more of a concern. Though, if the medium was such that it would change the subject and stay within the body, like nanotechnology, then it would make sense that the nanotech would be programmed to get rid of any health issues, especially ones pertaining diseases that didn't come form humans.

So with that, I suppose it's all a matter of how it's implemented that depicts how acceptable it would be. Of course, you'll always get areas where it would likely be unacceptable as change is usually fought in more conservative states (instances about gay marriage and racism have shown this). But overall, I don't think it'd be more controversial than an extended plastic surgery. Then again, it would all depend on how it was implemented, and how it was advertised/brought up.

Eozdniw   

Assuming that a company makes people into real furries...well one would hope this isn't happening in the black market! But let's see...I do agree that if you're working with food, or in surgery, or anything that needs to be kept clean and sterile, having fur all over would be a bit of a handicap and it would probably require a full body cover of some sort.

Unfortunately, I do think there would be segregation problems. It was bad enough during the racist period. It's even pretty bad with homosexuals, even though we look EXACTLY the same as anyone else. So when it comes to creatures that look like a mixture of humans and animals, people will definitely find it weird and "horrifying" and an "abomination". The interesting thing is that children who are born after this and grow up in an open-minded environment will probably see furries as different, yes, but not "different". They'll clearly see that we're physically different, but since we have the same kind of behaviour patterns and such, they'll still consider us people from a social perspective. It's all in the upbringing, when it comes to these kind of things.

And if it comes to a rebellion, let Muse's song Uprising inspire you. I'm sure I can develop some biological weapons. I hope it doesn't come to this but we can't let others tell the world what is "normal" and decide that anything that doesn't conform to their ideals must be destroyed.

Guest Kado   
Guest Kado

It seems to me that if you had a group that had physical capabilities perceived to give them an advantage over the base society they would readily be held back by the majority unless they had a large enough portion of the population. TF and that sort of thing would not be a technology easily available for cheap to the masses, and only a few would pursue it. The first would perhaps have a novelty status but if you grew beyond that point you would need to have a significant chunk of the populus affected before legislation in most countries would be altered to deal with the issue. Generally, a plague scenario is almost a best case since it could mean that a large portion of the populus was affected and that people would be considered "victims" rather than outsiders, especially in cases where the changes happen to a loved one or some such. Those opposed to give rights to that which is different from them generally take on a different tone when the person affected is of family relations to them, but again this scenario, much like the voluntary scenario, would create a stigma that would last for many generations, potentially. I believe in any bit of fiction the best tackling of this problem is the ShadowRun universe, in which a significant portion of the population is subject to goblinization, followed by subsequent chunks being turned into more and more different groups with widly varied physical characteristics. Humanity doesn't play well with others, and only if they don't have the majority's share or they have more than just one other group to work with do they seem to get off the path toward annihilating the other group.