Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dammy T Fox

Trance Trouble

9 posts in this topic

Hey.

Well, while browsing through the threads I remember coming across a Tail file, and I know I shouldn't expect instant results. However, I fear I'm having trouble because I can never get completely relaxed.

I'm not sure if it's the only thing, but I usually find that while I'm relaxing, even when I get to the point where I'm numb all over, I seem to lose that tranquility when my attention moves to my breathing - my chest feels unconfortable and the trance becomes broken. Similarly, my throat seems to dry up and I get forced to swallow, which also breaks it.

Then again, there may also be issue with having Asperger's...

Anyway, what's the best advice?

Also, apologies if this is the wrong section.

It could go in general hypnosis but we'll see where the thread leads..

The best advice I could give at the early stage you're at is, as backwards as it may seem, to not listen to the file. Let yourself drift, daydream, think of other things while you listen. When you fall asleep at night do you lie there thinking Am I asleep yet? and if you did would you get to sleep?

What file are you using by the way?

hm...no, I don't normally question if I'm asleep. I usually just relax and let the tiredness take over. I'm not much of a daydreamer, either... usually because I'm questioning everything my senses notice.

hm...no, I don't normally question if I'm asleep. I usually just relax and let the tiredness take over. I'm not much of a daydreamer, either... usually because I'm questioning everything my senses notice.

Exactly :3 The best way to get into a trance is to just relax and idly listen to the file. It also takes practice, it took me a few months before I was able to get into a real trance

I'm usually idle anyway. I guess I really should just listen to it more, perhaps in bed before going to sleep. Then again, considering I shouldn't mix files, I'm not sure if I should stick with the tail one or not...I currently only have access to view the files in the downloads section, but IDK what I should go with now...

I'm trying to just stick with the tail one at the moment.

I'm not really getting anything, but i haven't been trying very hard and I am terrible at visualizing anything.

so I should stick the "visualize help" one on the front sometime.. idk.

Anyway, I'm not sure if i'm trancing or not, I don't know what to compare it to/what I should be feeling. I know I have fallen asleep a lot when listening before bed though.

I was expecting to feel something obvious of "being put under" but i'm not sure anything is happening. Does this mean i'm not actually going into trance?

Don't make breathing or swallowing such a big deal. Just do what comes naturally. If you have to swallow, swallow. Otherwise you'll just end up focusing all of your attention on that, which doesn't really make for good relaxation.

Compare with getting absorbed into a television show or book, it is not a process that can be codified for the subject.

For me, I almost went into trance until I some how get out of it. :(