Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KhazixRusyuu

Artist In Progress

Guest flareon   
Guest flareon

Wow, you have nice pictures than I will ever draw (dropped art BTW) these pics are pretty sweet have you ever thought of making pictures for people because it can help with money and it would be a shame to waste a talent like that :)

I think I'd need a bit more practice before charging anybody for anything. Plus I'm not in actual need of cash at the moment, so anything I got would probably just go to the site or saving for anything I might need in the future.

But thanks for the compliment! I might set something up in the future.

Guest TheBaldurNoob   
Guest TheBaldurNoob

Keep it going! You keep getting better and better each time I see your work!

Awesome. You're getting better at poses and dynamic movements, maybe touch a little bit on lighting and shading. Depending on what program you use it can be difficult or simple to do both at once.

Z580ZwTl.jpg

Isn't it weird how I never seem to play up the fact that Khaz is a shapeshifter? Well. Now you know why. There is an explanation behind this pic, but that's as far as I'll divulge on the matter.

Sketch I started last night, need to patch it up and fix the balance in it, and the rings of my sketchbook seem to have snuck into the lower corner of the scan. Not sure if I should continue this one though. Thoughts?

Well. Going by how nobody looked at I'm guessing I should just save that pic for much much later. *tosses it into the bin*

Now for an actually complete post. He is vengeance. He is the night. HE. IS. Incredibly patient because I promised this back in December '12. At the end of my fall semester for that year. And here I am, uploading it on the night/now day before my first class of this year's fall semester.

Book ends I guess. Yeah, let's call it that. And NEVER EVER take that long on a drawing ever again. Thanks for waiting Cy!

syxN6KVl.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm. Kinda of annoyed how I can't post the original quality here without blowing up the page to psychotic sizes. But the originals are on my FA page anyway, so I... guess if you really wanna see them you can go there? Whatever, here's another picture of Khaz.

XF1Y5GCl.jpg

• Like 1

Hey look! A not abstract painty background thing. *fist pumps* 'Nother request of mister Timewolf's.

gn9m1Udl.png

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how glaringly obvious is it I've never drawn the female form? DX

Guest Kirisake   
Guest Kirisake

This looks great! Your linework is clean, your expressions are gold, and your coloration and shading works well with your style!

The only thing I might say you could work with is anatomy and color theory, but both of those come better with practice than anything else.

However I will say that this website is incredible for generating color schemes that really catch the eye! if you haven't heard of it before now, it might prove useful, so here's the link!

http://colorschemedesigner.com/

Guest Mcbattle   
Guest Mcbattle

Wow I wish I could actually draw by hand. This looks really good, to answer your question I would say 10 being obvious, somewhere between 6-7.5. The only thing that bugs me really, is his tail it is well drawn. But it seems a bit big. Overall it looks pretty good and much better that anything I could draw.

Actually the tail's supposed to be poofing outward in surprise a la Ghibli. I... will admit though I may have gone a tad too far. Something to keep track of next time I s'pose.

Also I actually already knew about the color scheme designer thing. It's been helpful, though I've also been trying to find my way around the color wheel on my own. That site just does the math for you, so to speak. It is much appreciated though. Very good resource. :)

And drawing by hand isn't impossible, you just gotta keep practicing. And practicing. And.... practicing. ...Yeah, I'm still midway through my progression. *points to the thread title* I'm always askin' for requests from people to practice on. Anyone here got any? I do seem to be moving with a bit more speed now.

Guest The Zen Riolu   
Guest The Zen Riolu

That art work is absolutely stunningly amazing Khazix, your definitely doing better than me when I started out on this path! I also love that series as well, keep up the inspiring work.    :w00t:

That series? Uhm... *looks over posts and notices several being referred to, before shrugging sheepishly* Eh-heh, sorry. But thanks for the compliment. Looking over you gallery I  hope to be that good someday. *gets back to work*

I take it that it is fine for others to post their stuff here too?  If you insist on me not mucking up this thread, I can take my stuff down.

I've been practicing drawing every now and then for the past several months and I feel like I've finally produced something that's not quite cringe-worthy.  I drew some lines out for this, got a friend over from internet tanks and FA to sketch over some things to show how to fix them, and I went from there.  And that's how my first furry-related avatar came to be.

VFPYCrY.png?3220

Now I just need to draw full-body stuff.  Wait another half a dozen months for an update...

XD You're free to post here. If anything I'm sad I let this thread fall into disrepair. Should fix that.

Also that's after only several months work? *whistles* Lookin' sharp.