Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KhazixRusyuu

Artist In Progress

So... yeah. You may or may not know me, I'm Khazix Rusyuu. Mostly I lurk around the Games and Roleplay boards, sometimes I actually do my job and moderate, but today, I finally got up the courage to come over here. After being here for several years I finally decided to stop being a floating plasma ball with an ominous set of eyes behind it and get a face-....er, fursona, of my very own. I've been practicing art little by little for awhile now, as well as getting taught some by a friend and taking... er, let's see, carry the one.... *counts on fingers a few times*... one class on drawing, but only over the past few months have I actually started a trend that could vaguely be called geuine practice. And this is for the most part what I have to show for it.

foF6Q.png

Though you've probably already seen this in my avatar, I figured I'd catalouge it here. Keep it saved somewhere at the very least. Might post it on FA if I'm feeling genuinely gutsy. Other than that, I'll hopefully be able to keep this art thing going without screwing up royally. Stay tuned to find out what happens in coming attractions!

That's very nice! If I didn't know any better I'd say you've been doing this for years or you just have a natural talent for this.

Either way, it's great to see you've got your fursona figured out, though the claws on your old avatar could have hinted towards this decision. ;)

Guest apersonwhoknows

Cute, if you don't mind me saying that lol. interesting pic for a persona though, very nice.

What? Cute?! I am trying to create a species of horrifying shapeshifting eldritch abominations that lurk in your deepest nightmares and you think this one is KEEE-YOOOOT?!?!?!?

In that case thank you, I was going for a sense of innocence/curiosity. But along with that pretty easily able to switch to enraged or despairing. Finding eyes that can emote to reference from is surprisingly difficult.

Also, thank you very much Henry. The guy that's been teaching me has said that I've improved over the time I've been practicing, in spite of the fact that I've probably managed about as many drawings in that amount of time as much as I should have in about the first month of when I started taking it up (so, aside from countless warm up sketches or doodles, about thirty I guess?). As I said, my consistency with practice over the years has been, no pun intended, sketchy, though I have done a lot of reading on the subject. However, reading can't substitute actual implementation of the information, as it would seem, and since I seem to have some level of talent, I suppose I'll start shooting for a second drawing I actually feel like posting.

Also, thank you for the positive feedback! :w00t:

Blargh! Please don't hate me for waking up a topic that's been asleep for so long. And new members, please do not look to this mod to be setting a good example. Do as I say, not as I do. But I said I'd come back in my blog, and here I am. And I come bearing still amateur drawings!

ZQHhV.png

So yeah, clearly I'm still in hazardous need of freehand drawing practice, judging by those wobbly lines. Plus it doesn't feel anywhere nearly as smooth as my first drawing. Gimme a break, these past few months have been pretty intense. College is only just now starting to settle down a bit. Just a few days before my first test, no less. Don't worry, hopefully I won't get any more art blocks from this moment on.

He he you are drawing quite well measured by my standard, I even have problems with stick figures ;)

Also I like your fursona *tummy rubs* yummy fish *starts noming on your backfin*

Fish? *Sighs* Guess I should consider adding the nose horn to the design. And drawing the wings more often. And maybe toughening up that tail a bit. Though I guess to be fair it is based off a water dragon design, so I can see where the mistake would come from. Back to the drawing board.

Fish? *Sighs* Guess I should consider adding the nose horn to the design. And drawing the wings more often. And maybe toughening up that tail a bit. Though I guess to be fair it is based off a water dragon design, so I can see where the mistake would come from. Back to the drawing board.

Nah, you don't need to worry I just did this to provoke your reaction ,)

Clearly you are more dragon then shark.

But I still like fish ... *continues chewing on your tail fin*

Guest Reno

Wow, pretty nice!

And is it just me or do those pants and shoes seem familiar? ^^

Could be a coincidence though :P

As if I haven't established my obsession with that series enough. I can only hope this small nod isn't going too far. At least he's not wearing a crown shaped necklace.

All right, I have a reason for taking so long this time around. My thumb nail got torn off along one of the sides, so it was very painful to actually draw anything for a bit. Also as fun as this was, I promise the next thing I post will be something that isn't my fursona. As much of a heartthrob he is, I get the sense that if I only ever draw him I'm going to suck at drawing anything else. So... yeah. May or may not be opening up for requests soon. I'll see if my schedule ever starts settling into something that isn't trying to suck out the last of my energy like some guy in the Matrix.

lZokR.jpg

There's nothing wrong with fursona drawing if that's what gets your interest. Its when you start forcing yourself to draw what you should, rather than what you want, that things can go awry.

And besides, your looking good, and, yes, cute. Your just going to have to get used to being called cute. Its your curse. =OP

Wow. Said the next thing I posted wouldn't be another drawing of my fursona, and I actually managed it. Or... am about to, does fulfillment of promises count if it's in a post that will have it yet the sentence just hasn't gotten there yet? I mean, I guess technically by the time this is posted it'll have been done, but you're still up here. In your view I'm still being lazy about this stuff, and... and.... oh forget it, here's a request Timewolf gave me for his new fursona.

1354071387.khazixrusyuu_timeotter-fix.png

Note to self: In the future think out continuity of time based gags before getting halfway through them and realizing you have no idea what you're doing.

Guest Forneus

I like it! Reminds me that I should actually catch up on this current season of Doctor Who...

Also, I started out as a fish, and got tons of "what are you, some crazy dragon?" questions, so I'm glad to see the reverse happening. :P

Guest Kado

Might I suggest you look into the "I love Critique" user group on FA? If you are posting up there, you can throw the group link on a picture and open up discussion there on your artwork to the point of perhaps even getting people to help with redlining and such. As for your work, It's good to see someone getting into the swing of things and not being afraid of risks or ambitious tasks such as character sheets (those things give me the willies). Nice solid design for the character, though in my opinion maybe a bit monochrome?

Keep up the good work.

I like it! Reminds me that I should actually catch up on this current season of Doctor Who...

And yes, count me amongst the mass of folks who need to do some catch-up with the good ol' Doctor.

Well actually I pretty much may as well be. Timewolf's fursona was something of a request. I... think. I'm gonna categorize it as one. Hope he doesn't mind. I also got one from another member that I'm still waiting to hear back from on a detail or two.

Anyone here, feel free to request stuff. What you get may not be all that good for right now, but it's going towards a good cause, that being desperately needed practice in art talent.

...Hmm. If anything I'd say this was more for the point of screwing around with Photoshop's functions. Getting my feet wet I guess. Cuz' yeah, anyone I've shown this to so far has said the skeletal structure looks off. And honestly, after having messed with it in Photoshop for a few days, I can really see what they were talking about. Still, doesn't change the fact that they're nice colors. And this is a much better attack mode picture than that last one.

LsXh6.png

Anyone think I could ever pull off a magical weather scythe staff thing-ey?

Also Cy, I shall be getting on with the request nice and quick like.

I'm still doing arts. I'm just really really busy is all. This one's actually from an old rp over in the RP boards, t-rex named Salem from the zombie hunting roleplay The Dead Do Walk.

8VnwidC.jpg

Believe it or not, team medic.