Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phozon

Getting Back Into Making Music

13 posts in this topic

Helloo.

I'm happy because i will finally be able to have software which i can make music with again since i got my new laptop!

I havn't yet managed to arrange when i am going to London to get given it by a friend (who origionally gave me it years agoo) but he has just told me: "sure just come over and get it - Ach too much detail! ..Anyway, I'll get it soon!

So.

I want to start making dubstep kind of stuff BUT!!! - before you dubstep haters turn away! - It wont be anything like the face pounding bass of Skrillex or anything! I want to make mellow/dark tuneful dubstep with lush chords and all that!

I have found some tracks i made a year or 2 ago (...and...they SUCK). I was trying to make simple drum and bass then.. or... well... idk wtf i was trying to do. Infact i think that was my problem: I dint know what to do then.

More recently, when i have wanted to make music but didn't have any software or sounds, or loops, or samples, or anything, i have been making mixes of my favourite songs using the free software Audacity. Which really can't add any effects like i want, but i just chop things up and then stick them back together with other songs in a way that hopefully ends up sounding right :D

SO. < Again.

If anyone wants some electronic music made for them (eg: for a YouTube video): ASK ME!

Because.

I need practice and don't know what to focus on.

End.

well i dont really need anything made "for" me, but i would be up for some collaboration, especially if tunefull electronica is your angle.

instead of audacity i would suggest cool edit pro you can download a free trial but you can also find a full version for free. (search youtube and at least one should have it go from 2.0 to 2.1 and be liscensed to mydaj or something similar this is the best free one that i found)

if i end up finding the video i will make sure to post a link.

as for a project you could work on is that you could modify the legend of zelda orcarania of time's "song of storms" there are some on youtube but most are just dubstep and a nice classic techno version would be a nice change of pace to one of the games best songs.

Well, now that i'm getting Ableton Live back - Oh i didn't even say what program i would be getting! - I wont do the editing with Audacity anymore anyway.

I have heard some zelda-step around. My friend got into it (a biiit tooo much) recently. Idk if i really want to use zelda; Ephixa has taken over that scene already..

Nice. I hope your dub-wub-wubbing goes well. I have had half a thought of joining in myself but haven't been as interested. I have done some chiptune tracking before tho, and I may see if I can run some samples by you to have some bonus fun with. XP

Video game music is a good place to get practice... you can download an existing midi file, get frustrated that it's completely wrong, and fix it.

i move for a "fm compilation album"

Ooh, good idea.

Collaborative work?

Well, i dug up one old track i made.

Trying to upload it to YouTube but windows movie maker is being impossible..

Will report back with the link if this ever works.

DX try not to double post

I would love to hear it :3

Ah, oops, didn't stop to look; don't hurt me! :fear: .

There, i finally managed to get it up, here's the link:

Idk what people are expecting but It's fast DnB and pretty much the first thing i ever did. :thinking: I'll try and make stuff that's at a slower tempo this time around.

Also,

Does anyone have any suggestions for turning audio files (mp3 mostly) into mp4 so that i can put them on youtube? My movie maker seems to be really screwed up.. =S

to be honest, youd probably be better off posting to a soundcloud account. but otherwise, try googling converters. actually, i think

real player does conversions, and i may be mistaken, but i thought winamp may as well

Ooh, good idea.

Collaborative work?

hehe, percisely

Aha! SoundCloud! Yes! I haz one of those! I forgot!

-

Ok i've managed to find my SoundCloud account and put it on there aswell now.

http://soundcloud.com/phozon-1

Thanks for the reminders amikething.