Guest LindsayPl

Anime & Manga

Guest LindsayPl   
Guest LindsayPl

Is there anybody watching anime/reading manga? If yes, what kind of anime/manga do you like mostly?

Nowadays I'm reading "Naruto Shippuuden", but the most I like Saint Seiya.

Henry   

I like a lot of anime but I'm not a huge anime fan. I watch a lot of them, but I do not go crazy for them like a lot of fans do. As for manga, I read some before, but I like watching anime better.

This said, my favorite anime is Slayers.

slayers.jpg

It's about a young, powerful sorcerous who goes on many crazy adventures with a dull-witted swordsman, a justice crazed princess, and a mysterious chimera sorcerer. It has a really good mix of action, comedy, adventure, and an occasional adult joke every now and again. I'd recommend anyone to this anime.

My second favorite would have to be Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

20101114_fma04_resize.png

They are both equally great in my book. The original gives more time to develop certain characters and laws than Brotherhood, but Brotherhood takes the story of the original to a whole new level. I believe that Brotherhood was based more on the manga than the original, but I wouldn't know.

My third choice would have to be Spice and Wolf.

spice-wolf-second-season-episode-zero-scheduled.jpg

It's a very unique anime and only some viewers will be able to get into it. Unlike most anime, this anime does not rely on action or adultery to keep things interesting, although that is not to say it doesn't have a bit of both. The anime centers around the relationship between a merchant and a wolf-girl diety who travels with him. The wolf girl, Horo(pronounced HoLo), is very wise and constantly makes her a joy to watch. The story is very ecomomically driven and business talk as well as economics are heavily used. Watch the first episode and if your interested, give it a watch.

Guest apersonwhoknows   
Guest apersonwhoknows

I like a lot of anime but I'm not a huge anime fan. I watch a lot of them, but I do not go crazy for them like a lot of fans do. As for manga, I read some before, but I like watching anime better.

slayers.jpg

It's about a young, powerful sorcerous who goes on many crazy adventures with a dull-witted swordsman, a justice crazed princess, and a mysterious chimera sorcerer. It has a really good mix of action, comedy, adventure, and an occasional adult joke every now and again. I'd recommend anyone to this anime.

My second favorite would have to be Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

20101114_fma04_resize.png

They are both equally great in my book. The original gives more time to develop certain characters and laws than Brotherhood, but Brotherhood takes the story of the original to a whole new level. I believe that Brotherhood was based more on the manga than the original, but I wouldn't know.

My third choice would have to be Spice and Wolf.

spice-wolf-second-season-episode-zero-scheduled.jpg

It's a very unique anime and only some viewers will be able to get into it. Unlike most anime, this anime does not rely on action or adultery to keep things interesting, although that is not to say it doesn't have a bit of both. The anime centers around the relationship between a merchant and a wolf-girl diety who travels with him. The wolf girl, Horo(pronounced HoLo), is very wise and constantly makes her a joy to watch. The story is very ecomomically driven and business talk as well as economics are heavily used. Watch the first episode and if your interested, give it a watch.

lol, It's seems like everybody's leaning towards the full metal alchemist thing. I guess it's that popular. My sibling's have all the episodes for that.

The first one I recognize, but not too familiar with it. And the last one I don't know at all. But good likes.

Edited by apersonwhoknows

Kai   

I just watched a few new series that were interesting.

"The Daily Lives of High School Boys" <----Similar to Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star. Random Comedy.

"Another" <------Really freaky horror anime....I don't know what to compare to, but is bloody as Higurashi.

"Black Rock Shooter" <------ Weird actiony psychological anime...make sure to watch the OVA first.

Guest LindsayPl   
Guest LindsayPl

slayers.jpg

I remember this from childhood, it was nice anime too.

on my list, I have Bleach and Ao No Exorcist aka The Blue Exorcist right now. If you don't mind watching hundreds of episodes, then Bleach is a good anime.

Edit: I'm finished with Ao No Exorcist and it is pretty good.

Edited by Kiarashifter

Guest Great Horned   
Guest Great Horned

At the moment I am only actively paying attention to the Naruto: Shippuden manga, but I loved Wolf's Rain, Death Note, Romeo x Juliet and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

mine goes:

soul eater (this is a stranger one but has a perfect mixture of action, humor, and storyline)

dragon ball z (its a classic nowadays evan though it was ruined by dragon ball gt and dragon ball evolution)

the original pokemon (much like dbz it is a classic from my younger years that i still love to watch)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

soul eater youtube link........................

Phozon   

Nausicaä, of the Valley of the Wind. First saw the Studio Ghibli movie which caused me to get all the other Ghibli movies. Then, bought all the seven manga volumes which Hayao Miyazaki serialized intermittently from 1982 to 1994

-

Nausicaä, a princess of a small kingdom on a post-apocalyptic Earth who becomes involved in a war between kingdoms while environmental disaster threatens the survival of humankind. On her journey, she struggles to bring about a peaceful coexistence among the people of her world, as well as between humanity and nature.

-

Miyazaki only made the first two volumes into the film so if you saw that and liked it the books have so much more. And if you didn't see the film, see it.

Neybulot   

Uhh, you could probably just check my signature for this, but I've seen a lot of major animes, and I'm currently watching Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins when they're on Toonami every week.

Other than that, I also started to check out a few new ones from Japan such as Accel World and Space Brothers as well.

Guest onestrange   
Guest onestrange

I read a lot of manga. It is hard to recommend something because I saw lots of good works. So I will name the most strange ones:

Franken Fran - very interesting collection of horror/comedy stories about modern day frankenstein doctor.

Freak squeele - another superhero school story. But with very creative art and twists.

Yokohama kaidashi kikou - if you like meditative slice of life, sci-fi and "sunset of the humankind" theme this is one of the best mangas drawn.

As for anime, I can recommend to dig in 80-90-99y.y. I don't like some tendencies of modern anime industry.

Titles like Slayers, Slayers Next, Bubblegum crisis, Patlabor and Dominion tank police etc. Maybe it is not a HD, but that feeling of hand-drawn characters. Maybe I am too old.

Guest Reno   
Guest Reno

I love anime!

Right now I'm watching sword art online, a series about an mmorpg that traps people inside a virtual gaming world.

Oh and deadman wonderland as well.

As for manga... I read them occasionally, but only when I'm too impatient to wait for a new episode or something ^^

Guest Fursvill   
Guest Fursvill

This is my list:

-Ao no exorcist

-Beelzebub

-Bleach

-Deadman's Wonderland

-Death Note

-Hunter x Hunter

-FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood

-One Piece

-Toriko

1. Digimon

2. Ghost Hound

3. Deadman wonderland

4. Gurren Laggan

5. FMA Brother hood

6.Cowboy Bebop

7. Mighty Birdy

8. DBZ

9. Naruto

10.Eon Rocket

My list of my favorite Anime

Guest flareon   
Guest flareon

Well i have seen like 300 episodes of Yu Gi Oh 190 episodes of Pokemon but im taking a break from watching the Pokemon i have watched hi-school of the dead and almost finished Higurashi no naku koro ni (really not what i expected it to be) i just saw the first episode of spice and wolf and im gonna keep on watching.

As you can see i like anime and im thinking of doing a japanese corse in collage :P

hmmm. I don't read much manga for financial reasons, but as far as anime goes, FLCL, and Trigun are my favorites.

currently watching One Piece and Toriko. But I have whole list a shows that I need to get around to seeing which include: Baccano! Serial Experiments Lain, and Welcome to the NHK.

Guest Feuerstaub   
Guest Feuerstaub

Ouhw, Spice & Wolf fans. ^w^
I loved watching Ookami to Koushinryou, it was so calming and exciting to watch. c: One of my favourites indeed.

Does anyone watch Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) which is airing at the moment? Absolutely breathtaking for me.

Watched Spice and Wolf - loved it. Also watched MANY others

Watching Shingeki no Kyojin, Date A Live.

Currently reading Pokemon Special.

Guest DesertFox   
Guest DesertFox

I'm not big into the Anime or Manga stuff, but I did watch 2 that I did enjoy, one of them was The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and another was Soul Eater. The first one a friend forced me to watch, and we both agreed that I would be Commander Yamamoto.

Guest Mcbattle   
Guest Mcbattle

My favorite animes would have to be

1.Dragonball

2.Hellsing: Ultimate OVA

3.Dragonball Z

4:first 3 seasons of Pokemon

5.Naruto

6.Dragonball GT

Rantack   

My Favorites:

1. Shingeki No Kyojen (Attack on Titan)