Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phozon

Transit Of Venus

Phozon   

The 2012 transit of Venus, the very last of this century, has started! The planet Venus is slowly moving in front of the sun: for USA, it is happening NOW and for Europe it will be seen at early sunrise tomorrow (i'm getting up before 5.00 o_O ). Sorry if you're in Australia or somewhere, it's already gone!

If you miss it, you'll have to wait 105 years until the next time, so look it up online and go and find when (and how) to see it.

Guest apersonwhoknows   
Guest apersonwhoknows

The 2012 transit of Venus, the very last of this century, has started! The planet Venus is slowly moving in front of the sun: for USA, it is happening NOW and for Europe it will be seen at early sunrise tomorrow (i'm getting up before 5.00 o_O ). Sorry if you're in Australia or somewhere, it's already gone!

If you miss it, you'll have to wait 105 years until the next time, so look it up online and go and find when (and how) to see it.

That's kinda of interesting to know. I know there is a planet X that people talk about seeing along side the sun or something. (but I'm sure if I bring up anything else I'll probably get debunked!) :V

Henry   

I heard it was going to start at sundown in the US. I put on a welding helmet and I can't see anything in the sun yet.

Oh! I think it appears every 121 years or so which makes it a must-see, once in a lifetime chance!

Phozon   

Yeh, i really want to debunk... can't resist.. erk.

http://www.exitmundi.nl/Planet-X.htm

(don't read more than the top of the page if u don't wanna get debunked :D)

I put on a welding helmet and I can't see anything in the sun yet.

Umm, i dunno if welding helmets protect sufficiently, careful!

Edit: "You need at least a shade 12 it is recommended that you use 14 to look at the sun."

Guest apersonwhoknows   
Guest apersonwhoknows

Yeh, i really want to debunk... can't resist.. erk.

http://www.exitmundi.nl/Planet-X.htm

(don't read more than the top of the page if u don't wanna get debunked :D)

Umm, i dunno if welding helmets protect sufficiently, careful!

Edit: "You need at least a shade 12 it is recommended that you use 14 to look at the sun."

That's kinda funny. I saw the link sorry lol. People like to seem and make it out like it's just a bunch of bunk (not you of course). People worry to much about "their" physics and always saying that it's completely impossible and can't see at the end of their noses. The way how this planet and universe works is pretty damn special as well outward and beyond.

I mean don't get me wrong here, I'm not worrying about another planet ramming into us or anything or the world ending. But it is something to take notice about. Though "existence wise". There are many certain energy fields in space that will effect us in ways.

Edit: I happen to notice the year they brought up in the article and is completely false. Not on your part of course but the person who did all the writing. Not a very good debunker *shakes head*. The person says 2003, but in the later of 2011 and up until now is when the topic was brought up. And I like it how the person adds little to no substance to what he backs up about lol. :lol:

making it out like he knows whatever he's talking about, and then not so sure about himself at the same time. Sorry, I'm not trying to sound harsh or whatever about how I write this post. But I'm just stating the obvious here.

Henry   

I finally saw it! I couldn't see it with the helmet on, but holding the helmet out in front of me somehow made the spot visible. Don't know why, but at least I got a chance to see it.

It's too overcast to see it here :/ I am sad. :/

Awww... that stinks. There's nothing you can do but hope the sky clears up.

Phozon   

I think this kind of sums up my morning!

24lncsp.jpg

-

Glad to see you got a look Henry!

Oh well, onto the next astronomical event - (will be meteor showers in August)