Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skytower

Furmorphed Does It Classy (L'ambiance)

Skytower   

Why hello there.

244.freeman.morgan.092806.jpg

It's been a while, Furmorphed. Both for me and for the Link of the Week, so let's start this one off with something a little bit... different. I'd like to invite you all out to a relaxing evening of smooth jazz, with a warm fire and the gentle patter of rain outside. A chance for all of us to sit back, relax, and chill out for a bit in classy classic FM style. This has multiple parts, so you'll want to set each of these up in separate tabs.

1. The Rain

Open each of these in a new tab and adjust their volume to suit your personal pleasures. For enhanced classiness, open the fireplace video in fullscreen and allow it to bathe the room in its virtual warmth. You can also cause either of the videos to loop endlessly by simply adding the word "endless" in front of the word "youtube" in each video's URL.

Of course, the videos I've linked are hardly unique. The jazz video in particular doesn't have to be that jazz video - if there's another you prefer, feel free to swap it out. In fact, let's see if we can make this thread into a jazz video sharing thread - you find one you like, put it up here for the rest of us. With any luck, this'll help make up for the lack of videos we've had for the last month or so.

Qaryf.gif

Guest apersonwhoknows   
Guest apersonwhoknows

lolol awesome :V if I really truly have too much time on my hands, I'll watch the fire burn. geeze who would wanna sit through that lol. But, I do like some jazz music ensemble's from other artists.

My favourite jazz group is the very ambiance-oriented

More of a 'rain and whiskey' band than fireplace. Somewhere Off Jazz Street's a bit warmer, but there's a quiet quality that makes me really like them. I love Emilie Autumn, but she doesn't do jazz. Her alter-ego Jane Brooks, however, has a lot of promise. And of course, sax-led isn't the only way to do jazz. There's always the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4kf5aU1Wtg-led classics.

*psst! I think that the fire has been doubled, to the detriment of the jazz :o*

It takes a month of no posts before somepony else picks up my slack? Remind me not to try that again! :3

Jazz, you say? I can only bear the old-timey stuff, none of this "smooth jazz."

For example, THIS is the sort of thing I'd listen to. (it won't go very well with rain and a fireplace)

No matter though, your "Jazz" link is just another link to the fireplace video, as hinted at by Shadow Phoenix.

Worry not, patched it all up. Sky showed me the links he planned to use earlier in an IRC chat. Chat logs to the rescue!

Skytower   

Seriously? Confound it all, and it only took me until Sunday to notice. Hopefully we'll have more competent mods posting links in the future.