Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nothxijust8

Who's Next?

Obama or [insert Republican Here]?

The only republican candidate I like is Santorum, but he's got some rather strange solutions to things that don't need fixed (Sounds like many Republicans.) I'd vote for Herman Cain if he was still running, but unfortunately he dropped out for a lack of knowing where Libya is. [ http://www.towleroad.../cainlibya.html ] And I'm glad Gingrich dropped out, because I'm not going to the moon. I don't like Romney because I've seen Daniel Tosh's skit [ http://come[dians.jok...-to-the-mormons ], and I was afraid Ron Paul was going to croak before McCain even thought about it 4 years ago... To be honest, maybe any of these gentlemen could beat out Obama, but does he stand a chance because there isn't a much better option? Lets get rid of the pink elephant in the room, ( Get it, elephant is a symbol of republicans, and this is a furry site...) who's going to be in charge of the free world?

Kai   

*cough* RON PAUL FOR LIBERTY *cough*

._. the only consistent and honest man up there, imo. ._.

X3 that's my spill for the day.

Obama would destroy the US Financially, Santorum would destroy the US Socially, and Romney would destroy the US's already damaged international relations. The last of these three can be repaired with time, but the other two... -shivers- I would have loved to see Newt win, but Between the three remaining, Romney is the lesser of the weavels.

Ron Paul might be a good president, but it is financially, socially, and politically impossible for a third party to get the votes to win Nationally.

Statistically speaking, one could win the national election with 22% of the Popular vote, if gained by way of getting at least 51% in the 15 smallest states, and thus win the electoral college with the least amount of campaigning, but this is the only likely way a third party ever could win.

I am drafting a campaign platform I think Ron Paul would do well to adopt, it meshes very well with his ideals, and compromises enough to get the votes he would otherwise lose.

Esqui   

Obama will continue on. The Republican nominees don't have a broad enough appeal - each is hated by too large a section of society to gather enough votes.

Guest FoxHoundLurker   
Guest FoxHoundLurker

Esqui's probably right. Even though each Republican has some good ideas, they have too many bad ideas at the same time. People will probably want to play it safe for fear of <not Obama> making everything worse.

Esqui   

And let's face it, the US economy is in a much better state than ours - you have growth

Guest Flay   
Guest Flay

Chances of a republican getting in office is very slim. They've spent the entire time throwing crap at each other, rather than focusing on Obama. Granted, I'd rather have Obama in office than any of those three anyway, so I'm happy for that.

He's not the best president, but he's not the worst. A lot of the stuff he's promised hasn't gone through, but he did actually manage to get the healthcare through!

Evaris   

I'm a liberal and a believer in individual rights.

I might hate Ron Paul's view on environmentalism, however my personal freedoms are being threatened by Obama's administration's seeming inability to follow through with vetoing anything that he says he opposes.

So... yeah.

Guest Two-winged Cat   
Guest Two-winged Cat

Vulpes, you really should know better than topic bumping... please everyone, check the last date on a thread before you reply, three weeks is the limit. Feel free to make a new thread though :)