Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fawkes Fenrium

Cybernetic Tf Projects

What First?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the first Animal Tech created?

• Faux-Tail (Basis for a lot of the projects, and already set for Prototyping, May be done with another if not first.)
    • Faux-Hide (Hardest Project planned to date. Will take some serious "Black Magic" by which I mean time and expert help.)
    • Paw Shoes (Very Easy and Cheap, can probably be funded out of pocket with others done.)
    • Fox Ears (This is going to require some help, I need an animatronics designer to collaborate with.)
    • Live Eyes (More expensive to produce, but one of the most useful of the technologies to be created.)
    • Taur-Mech (This is the least likely to be picked from the sheer expense. If we do it, it will need serious backing.)

Hello Furmorphed RL:TF Advocates. I have been gone a long time now, and will continue to be for a long while more, but since the legal system has just given me some time off, (I was involved in a shooting, fortunately for myself and the criminal no one was injured, Court is in March.) I thought I would enlighten the community to some of my Personally run R&D projects.

LVC Animal Tech:

• Faux-Tail - Note that the Japanese Neko ears don't actually use thoughts, they use density of focus. LVC is working on algorithms to find the wave lengths associated with emotions to properly make thought controlled animatronic tails.*
    • Faux-hide - Developing a Skin tight fabric that will allow the wearer to maintain a constant surface temperature of 70 degrees whether in Hot or Cold weather. The idea being that the material will expel excess heat when the internal temperature is above 70 degrees, but trap heat when the external temperature is below that. This would be used with Faux-fur to make a suit that did not overheat the wearer and would allow for constant wear.*
      • Paw Shoes - Spring suspension heels absorb shock in the way a normal knee and ankle joint would, relieving the wearer of damage caused by traditional heels, while also granting the wearer the ability to run, jump, walk digitigrade, or, with a switch on the side, plantagrade.*

• Fox Ears - Using the modern technology of long range microphones and ear-buds to develop a set of animatronically driven thought processed hearing aides. These would pivot a focusing dish in the ear towards the point of the persons mental focus, or swivel about when the wearer was not focused. Designed to mimic the ears of Foxes, with options for wolves, dogs, cats, etc.**

[*]Live Eyes - Using display technology to create a built in HUD that would work in conjunction with LVC Mind Algorithms and give the wearer a look through the animals eyes from within, and others a look into the animals eyes from without. (Internal displays show the wearer either clear vision or vision tuned to be more like their chosen species, while external displays draw a look of that species eyes so bystanders see the wearers inner animal.)*

[*]Taur-mech - We intend to purchase a Boston Dynamics Big Dog for conversion to a thought processed exo-suit for taur characters.**

*This has more applications than just for furs.

**As above with some modification.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg for LVC Animal Tech. We are looking into crowd-sourcing to raise funds for these projects, each will be posted on Kickstarter in turn based on votes for which should be done first, or can be done first.

Currently LVC's Kickstarter is setup for a Web Series, (Kickstarter only accepts one project at a time.) but as soon as that project is over, we will pick the first of Animal Tech Projects to begin.

I know these technologies are a far cry from a Physical TF or genetics, but these kind are the foundation for Cybernetic TF tech. They are also less likely to create push-back against the movement, and more likely to introduce the idea to humanity in small steps so that it is more readily accepted.

Now as I said, I will not be around much, but I am able to take a peak and see if there are comments. I'll respond if/when I can.

Guest apersonwhoknows   
Guest apersonwhoknows

mmmm... thats kinda cool. at least those are some ideas for people to use. but hey whatever works for these things to be excepted by society I guess. it just takes time. I'm sure people would jump at the chance for these things to use. neat though.

Need help in a small way? If I can, I'd love to help ^^

My need for help is in the design of the animatronic ears, and the programming of the chips that control the servos. Otherwise I can pretty much do the work myself.

The only other project that needs help would be the Faux-hide, and that's going to take a lot of work to create the fabric so that it can do it's job.

Guest Voidpaw   
Guest Voidpaw

Just one of any of these units, if made successfully, will cost most likely upwards of thousands of dollars. It's cool, but the price outweighs it by far. I think the first one to come would be the tail mainly because it's not as big of a project as the others.

-E

Software and digital electronics are what I do ...

From my point of view the hard part is the electrical engineering (and some mechanical). Where I have book knowledge but little practice ...

As for the parts cost a few $100 for everything but mind reading

For that I'd start with a pc linux and something like http://emotiv.com/

Hope this is useful.

(edit)

This is a much better idea for reading brain waves http://frontiernerds.com/brain-hack

i might be some help for mechanical and electronic engineering. i am currently in two different engineering classes in highschool and am going to go to colledge for at least two engineering degrees. beyond that i can usually figure stuff out rather well.

Guest apersonwhoknows   
Guest apersonwhoknows

well like I said before, these are wonderful ideas! whatever way to have a form of transformation done to oneself.

your pretty lucky to know how to do that stuff. I only hope for the best. would love to see these things action. :love:

Software and digital electronics are what I do ...

From my point of view the hard part is the electrical engineering (and some mechanical). Where I have book knowledge but little practice ...

As for the parts cost a few $100 for everything but mind reading

For that I'd start with a pc linux and something like http://emotiv.com/

Hope this is useful.

(edit)

This is a much better idea for reading brain waves http://frontiernerds.com/brain-hack

I am using the Neurosky Mindset for the project, it costs 200$ for a full size head set, but they have a partner project that, once I have the prototype, I can apply to join and design one that is specifically for reading brain waves. Mindset is also used in several mental focus board games to show what the likely expense of the EEG reader will be.

Just one of any of these units, if made successfully, will cost most likely upwards of thousands of dollars. It's cool, but the price outweighs it by far. I think the first one to come would be the tail mainly because it's not as big of a project as the others.

-E

Not at all, the tail design uses simple wood and rubber pads to simulate bone and cartilage, with cables and servos serving as the ligaments and muscles. I've priced the whole, with the exception of the control chip, at less than 200$, the cost of the prototype will be less than 500$ total, even with the control chip and 200$ Mindset I mentioned above.

The real costs of the projects all end up in labor, and since I plan to be doing these in my spare time, I won't be asking for labor costs unless I need to pay an assistant.

Which is likely only the case with the Fox Ears, The Taur-mech, and the Faux-Hide, as they are beyond me at this time.

I've laid out a plan of action for each, I know where to look and how to get the help, I just need to start seeking funding.

The three most expensive of these projects (Taur-Mech, Faux-Hide, Live Eyes) will not be done first, they are only in the poll to show me what people want more, and if I should make plans to bring them closer to the front of the queue.

***NOTICE***

While Neurosky makes Mindset for 200$, it also makes Mindwave for 100$. Mindwave is a newer product, and uses a complimentary tech to Mindset.

now tellme if im wrong but for the faux hide couldnt you use a system of a small heating and refrigeration units that circulate a liquid through small tubes/pipes that are run along the suit?

Then there is also things like this:

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B000XO2LNC

The idea is to create a skin tight material that would cover the whole body and work in any climate with zero risk of power loss, coolant loss, and minimal integrity loss.

We are looking at funding Paw Shoes out of pocket right now in order to start getting some of the projects to market sooner. The big problem for doing any others is our current Kickstarter Project keeping us locked down till it has finished.

Yaknow, if you ever get around to that wearable climate control system, you should consider marketing it to the military and NASA - body armor is hot; in medieval times, battles were often decided by which side died of heat stroke first, because the armor was also pretty effective.

Space suits don't have an atmosphere to dump heat into by convection; they need some way of keeping cool, and the current designs are expensive. Just thought I'd throw out some possibilities for you :)

Yaknow, if you ever get around to that wearable climate control system, you should consider marketing it to the military and NASA - body armor is hot; in medieval times, battles were often decided by which side died of heat stroke first, because the armor was also pretty effective.

Space suits don't have an atmosphere to dump heat into by convection; they need some way of keeping cool, and the current designs are expensive. Just thought I'd throw out some possibilities for you :)

That was part of the plan, Actually a lot of this tech has capacity for Military and NASA use. Only the tail doesn't have a direct application to anything other than furs. It's the software in the tail that makes it more useful, once it's running properly, it can be turned to use in prosthetic limbs.

I hope to have a Kickstarter Project and a Website for Animal Tech on April 2nd, I'll also be opening Art Commissions to help bring in funds.

I'd only get a cyber tail/cybersona if I could "feel" with the parts.

The first step is making it where the parts can understand you, the second step is making them where you can understand them. We have the sensors to make it where you would feel them, just not the software to link to the wetware and make it where your brain could accept the inputs.

The first step is making it where the parts can understand you, the second step is making them where you can understand them. We have the sensors to make it where you would feel them, just not the software to link to the wetware and make it where your brain could accept the inputs.

How long would it take to do that?

How long would it take to do that?

That is a question which I cannot answer. It depends on a lot of things. Science is working on it though, and I am sure someone will find the answer soon enough.

There's something weird happening with this thread, it keeps claiming you've posted on it when you haven't. Hopefully posting this will force my browser to stop reading it from cache.

Okay all, I have good news! And bad news.

First the good news; I have begun further work on designs and prototyping for Animal Tech.

The Bad news; My Laptop has reached it's limit and is almost dead, the wireless card gave out, and the video card is going. It has started throwing bars across the screen and all around making a nuisance of itself.

On top of that I have a couple bills I need to cover, and a replacement with equal capacity is nearly 2 thousand dollars.

I won't be able to start the Animal Tech Kickstarter until it's replaced, so all funding is going to have to come from art commissions.

I have a journal about coms on FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/3349604/

That all said, I would love some help. If anyone can commission, or help spread the word, we can get Animal Tech going properly.

Who knows, maybe I'll have a functional cybernetic before the summer is over, with some luck. :3

Take a look into the email I sent you's attachments if the laptop will let you. Look through the first one to see your project descriptions, then look at the relevant project pages for more details. Progress is being made over here too for your cybernetic stuff!

Myuu   

I created ears that attach directly to the human auricle. There is a magnet glued to the inner part of the ears which locks onto a magnet placed inside the human ear. Given that you have well controlled ear musles, the prosthetics amplify the movement. I would like to attach sound amplifiers to either one so that the wearer gets improved hearing while wearing them.