Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest lakotalutrova

Dubstep

Guest lakotalutrova

I have yet to see a topic on this, but for some reason, I love the heavy bass of bands like Skrillex, Excision, and Cookie Monster. What about dubstep do you guys like and what groups/bands do you like?

warning this highly negative criticism. if you enjoy dubstep and don't want to read it you have been warned

i honestly cant stand dubstep even though literally over half the people in my school are obsessed with it. i also say that it is the demonic offspring of good techno (hardcore trance) and the already inbreed deathmetal.

the only good thing i have to say is that there are some amazing dancing videos thanks to it.

here is my favorite:

Guest chromowolf

I love music with bass, but I'm just now aquiring a taste for dubstep. With that said, I don't like crappy YouTube remixes that are "dubstep." They have to be pretty high quality to satisfy my needs. ;)

Guest Two-winged Cat

(...)it (Dubstep) is the demonic offspring of good techno (hardcore trance) and the already inbreed deathmetal.(...)

With people saying things like this about it, you might be thinking that someone like me would enjoy it. Well... I don't, I can't stand it either.

It could be because my hearing is highly sensitive to bass, or it could be because it seems to lack any kind of personal investment or "soul" in the craft. Either way, nope. Can't stand it. Give me a good power ballad any day of the week. :)

i honestly cant stand dubstep even though literally over half the people in my school are obsessed with it. i also say that it is the demonic offspring of good techno (hardcore trance) and the already inbreed deathmetal.

It's actually derived of dub, which is almost like reggae hip-hop.

If you listen to old school dubstep, not glitch step or the other whatever steps, you"ll know wha I mean.

And for instance,

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CE0QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYCvwAWURkew&ei=Pp-2T9DnM471gAel1cynCg&usg=AFQjCNGvJwNdg1ekr4U2KtVsfoMoyHwYFw&sig2=TqzKVQZXJfI-okEd-qnOEA

I like.. kind of tuneful dubstep. I spend ages browsing youtube for the kind of stuff that i like.

I've never found a particular genre but occasionally songs i find just jump out at me: 0:56 on this vid. :lovestruck:

[media=]

I prefer my dubstep be the actual dubstep kind. Electro house is not dubstep, moombahton is not dubstep, complextro is not dubstep.

I do like electro house and moobahton, but I don't like "brostep". I'm a slight dubstep purist.

Guest Nas

Dubstep...you mean those weird noises that sound like the transformers doing it :P

I used to listen to dubstep from small artists that aren't really famous such as this

stuff by skillrex and those other 'famous' dupstep aritst just sounds horriable imo

. YouTube comedy .

- But whatever 'Skrillex' plays on that vid doesn't sound half bad to me.

Edit: @Nas, Maybe you'd like Blackmill?

Edit again: I just realised that it is also Veela on that too!

I do have to take back my previous post to some extent. now that i have been listening to more dubstep (its all my friends play in the car) i am starting to come around to enjoy dubstep. i still do hold my ground with my previous comment when it comes to most dubstep. the exceptions are many songs done by dj simba, skrillex eqinox because the video is awsome, and the cooperation song between skrillex and Damian Marly (bob marly's son) mostly because of its reegae (i appoligize for the misspell) feel and the fact that his voice sounds very good with the high levels of bass in the song.

Time to add some controversy to this thread... enter Porter Robinson! (Anarchist dubstep?)

Porter Robinson is one of my favorites, as well as Knife Party and Flux Pavilion. Both Porter Robinson and Knife Party make electro house too though. :P

I'm personally more of a fan of dnb or liquid dnb like camo and krooked or blackmill, but i find that much of the 'popular' dubstep has very little in the terms of different musical elements, and more "this sound is cool so we should play it over and over until we get a lot of money"

That being said, if you spend enough time snooping around the internet, because electronic music is such a large umbrella (and arguably easier to make than traditional music), you are very likely to find a surplus of artists more tuned to your likings in any genre, or better find a subgenre which you like a lot better.

I'm personally more of a fan of dnb or liquid dnb..

Liquid like this? -

I love that Youtube channel, definately my best subscription :)

Liquid like this? -

I love that Youtube channel, definately my best subscription :)

Yeah totally, thanks for the link ^_^ always love finding new artists!

Also been dabbling in making music myself, and i've managed to make a mix of liquid dnb and less gritty dubstep, although I'd hardly call myself a music genious because the last time i studied music was playing the trombone in 6th grade :P

Guest rouka

I lean more to the vocal dubstep i have non-vocal ones but their kinda neck and neck atmĀ