Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DanFoxDavies

An Atom Of Freedom

http://d.facdn.net/art/dsdfox/stories/1324723335.dsdfox_an_atom_of_freedom.pdf

http://www.deviantart.com/download/275547068/an_atom_of_freedom_by_dsdfox-d4k1xh8.pdf

One complete novel, 185,000+ words on 360 pages of A4.

With the mother of all inventions to share with the world and surrounded by strange coincidences, Steven Dhai finds himself in the midst of a wide-ranging revolution, where we all must learn what truly makes us who we are. For there is no point in going back now, having come so far...

This is the first book in what I intend to be a trilogy - although that may condense into two books if the third can't be justified.

Started in July 2008, uploaded every 6 chapters to keep it fresh and to keep lots of pairs of eyes scouring it for errors, finished Christmas Eve 2011.

I would like to get this book published, but before I can embark on that particular sub-quest, I must first submit the manuscript for your perusal once more. What do you think of the last 7 chapters? What do you think of the book overall? If there are any glaring errors, please point them out. Any spelling mistakes, likewise. Some things in this story deliberately don't make sense yet, because real life doesn't wrap itself up into a neat ball of sense in novel-sized chunks, and so why should this story?

Your foxyfluff,

Danfox Davies

P.S. I'm looking for cover art. Anyone want to draw it?

BELOW: old 1st post

Since it's already achieved high popularity on UKFur forums and on DeviantArt and FurAffinity, I thought I would post it here too.

The gist is, I upload an updated version every six chapters. That creates an editing cut-off point so I don't overwork it, leaving the story in a largely 'as it fell out of my head' state. I think it works quite well.

---

Nearly done! Only 7 more chapters to go.

So, download this PDF and enjoy, my friends, we're almost there.

+++

With the mother of all inventions to share with the world and surrounded by strange coincidences, Steven Dhai finds himself in the midst of a wide-ranging revolution, where we all must learn what truly makes us who we are. For there is no point in going back now, having come so far...

+++

Click the download link and your copy of the story so far will be dispensed promptly and for free.

I've added the mature content warnings just in case, i.e. the content is only borderline, but better to be safe than sorry.

There is some swearing and some subject matter which may be ideologically challenging to a minority of people. Don't say I didn't warn you.

----

And here is a direct download link:

http://www.deviantart.com/download/272510154/an_atom_of_freedom_chapters_1_114_by_dsdfox-d4i8u6i.pdf

http://d.facdn.net/art/dsdfox/stories/1323110424.dsdfox_an_atom_of_freedom.pdf

Guest Shyanne

Awesome work man! Hopefully more foxes are added, can never have too many! XD But great work so far! Looking forward to more of them!

As usual it goes everywhere else except here and I still still somehow never hear of it, I'll give it a read later, reading the chapters page quickly now says it might be good ^^

Since July. I've been releasing it every six chapters since I started on DA. I started putting it on FA in August when the servers came back up, around chapter 30-something.

I've kept a thread about it since the beginning (with updated first post) at http://forum.ukfur.org/index.php?showtopic=10962

Guest yaar

Wow, I'm a little more than halfway through, and am absolutely blown away! This is a great story with an interesting plot and well-developed characters  :). Probably the thing that impressed me the most was the way that you wrote through the point of view of Annette; you captured her senility masterfully in your writing. Amazing job; I look forward to following this in the future  :o

Just a heads-up: I've now got to chapter 77. Will soon have the next bunch (up to 78) ready for you to enjoy. :(

My apologies for the ginormous delay, there will now be free cookies handed out to all those who waited. Mountain Dew is also an option today.

I've now reached Chapter 83 and will be posting up the next instalment at the end of Chapter 84. Writer's block has finally been given a kick in the butt.

Guest Skyclimber

This is flippin' amazing!  I spent several hours yesterday reading your epic saga, and ended up putting off pretty much everything else until I finished at 1 in the morning.  Imagine my surprise to find a new batch of chapters when I logged in this morning.  I wish you the best of luck with finishing this amazing story, because I cannot wait to read more! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest Miles

Despite some random quirks that both amuse and confuse (...why all the helicopter rides?), not to mention the format epoch fails on a palm pilot, and there are way too many scene changes, I could not put it down and can't wait to have time to read what...well, what I haven't read yet.  You put my attempts at making a plot up to shame, Dan -- to shame.

I'm still better than you!  ;)  (jk...)

~Samuel Ignes Fox

note:  at last, after staring at the story on my palm pilot one more time before sending it off to its new owner, I got a plot idea from it!  *runs off to own thread to tell the internet*

Despite some random quirks that both amuse and confuse (...why all the helicopter rides?), not to mention the format epoch fails on a palm pilot, and there are way too many scene changes, I could not put it down and can't wait to have time to read what...well, what I haven't read yet.  You put my attempts at making a plot up to shame, Dan -- to shame.

I have made an answer to this directly to Sam, obviously it contains spoilers on the story so I shan't put it here. I know Sam has read far enough for the points I'm making.

Guest BCRE8TVE

Keep going man! You've got an awesome story under way. Come on, you can do it! We'll cheer you all the way till you cross the finish line! Wait, what?

*whispers* Hide the finish line! He'll keep on writing forever! Mwahahahaha!

I intend to get the first book published before I carry on with books 2 and 3. But before I can do that, I need to finish book 1.

Progress is still ongoing, albeit at the pace of a geriatric snail in salty molasses on the back of a reversing tortoise. I'm starting Chapter 89!

Edit: POST NUMBER 1000.

Guest Skyclimber

Go for it!  I'll be sitting here waiting intently for the next installment in this excellent saga.  Take as long as you need. :D

Been reading this from page 1 for the past few days (since my memory's hazy and it helps to remember what happened previously) (at Ch.67) - I still maintain the fact that this should be a movie, a TV series at least. :) Perhaps it's because it's being told in the present tense rather than the past tense like most stories are, and thus you are "reading" the events as they unfold, and I feel like I should be watching it.

Though maybe it's because I'm too much of a fast reader and I might've skipped a section by accident, but it seems that certain scenes are possibly missing; only example I can think of so far is, I don't recall a paragraph of

Ray making his initial escape from the MGU facility, as in, leaving the building