Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Another Fox

Anyone else noticing a slowdown?

I mean,summer 2010 (May-ish to a bit before August) I was able to get on here about twice a day and find interesting topics to post on. Mostly, it was journals and the then-excellent hypnosis discussion forums (for the newbies that have entered after we migrated to these forums, general hypnosis discussion was the main hypnosis forum, and it had an FAQ section as well as a hypnosis-specific intro section). I was able to interact with a lot of people who had journals up, replying and having mini-discussions in them.

Heh, I even tried my hand at making a script. Never got recorded, sadly enough, and the script is now gone. It was supposed to be an adaptation of the Housecat file for foxes. The downloads section never worked to the best of my knowledge, and things had to be manually added (not Kan's fault, it was the board software at the time), but we had files coming in every few months. I just now checked, and the most recent file is an Otter TF put in last month, and before that, the most recent is some time in the springtime.

Maybe it's that most of the old faces I remember seeing have gone. Or maybe I've gone; I'm looking back and everyone I remember (Danfox, Esquie, Kan, Shy, Shadow, Filiocht etc.) is still here posting, according to their profiles, except maybe Santus or Liana Verwood.

I've found myself only checking this site once every couple weeks now, and not finding much content that interests me anymore.

I don't even know why I'm posting this, really. I don't intend to leave, hence why I didn't title this "goodbye," but I just don't see that much here for me.

I'm still here every day but I've noti

I'm still here every day but I've noticed it too, though I'm too lazy to start new topics.

I've been wondering though... where is everyone?

Guest Two-winged Cat

Well, I'm still here; there's kind of a limit to how many topics, as one person, you can start though. Otherwise, you feel like you're bogarting the new thread button. Even as a demon, that still feels a smidgin too anti-social for me. ;)

I go through phases, I'm on daily, I hiatus, on daily, hiatus.

Usually the hiatus is due to getting bored with an RP and trying to make it look like I'm too busy to post at all.

...What? I live in the Fun Forums. You can't expect me to actually socialize with anyone!

crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

In all seriousness though, a lot of people have school, others haves jobs, some have both, so... yeah, pretty much says it all right there. It's why you notice more people posting around break times, like the ends or the middle of the year.

Guest Cheshire Drago

As a new fur to this site I hope it does not slow down and die! I want a chance to meet other furs and make some new friends.

The site tends to go through bursts of productivity. Dry spells of bleh followed by mounds of posts in a day. A lot of furs already know about the site, so there's not as many new members joining. Thus, a longer dry spell.

I nearly made the site ShadowPhoenixMorphed at one point, so I've definitely cut back on the posts to prevent that. LOTW and ponies aside. I could go forward with some of the other group stuff, like that Coke Points collab idea that came up a year ago.

Also, I don't remember if we still send out those "we miss you" e-mails anymore. Those tend to reinvigorate things.

You can make your own topics to talk about stuff that interests you. That way there will be fun things.

The site tends to go through bursts of productivity. Dry spells of bleh followed by mounds of posts in a day. A lot of furs already know about the site, so there's not as many new members joining. Thus, a longer dry spell.

I nearly made the site ShadowPhoenixMorphed at one point, so I've definitely cut back on the posts to prevent that. LOTW and ponies aside. I could go forward with some of the other group stuff, like that Coke Points collab idea that came up a year ago.

Also, I don't remember if we still send out those "we miss you" e-mails anymore. Those tend to reinvigorate things.

Sometimes when I notice someone who has been active just sort of disappears, I send 'em a PM. Most of the time I get a "Yeah, I'm still here, just been busy and lurking" response.

So there's a few more people here than we think.

Also, LURKERS POST SOMETHING.

But If I post something I won't be lurking anymore D:

...drat. I do tend to check everyday, I just hardly ever feel that I can add anything of interest to the threads. Hence the lurking I guess.

Guest Kayleff

very much in lurk mode, havent touched hypnosis for a while now due to personal reasons, dont really post anywhere much lately so FM is not alone in that treatment, just had a lot onmy mind and many rl issues to deal with, many of which I'll not go into as its depressing and bleh.

Also *bops scouto2* I'm hurt, you forgot me too ;_; know I had a name change and everything but hell, I was part of the old guard once.

Oh wow that was a lot of replies in a short amount of time.

very much in lurk mode, havent touched hypnosis for a while now due to personal reasons, dont really post anywhere much lately so FM is not alone in that treatment, just had a lot onmy mind and many rl issues to deal with, many of which I'll not go into as its depressing and bleh.

Also *bops scouto2* I'm hurt, you forgot me too ;_; know I had a name change and everything but hell, I was part of the old guard once.

What was your old username? I'm sorry if I forgot you!

I wasn't naming everyone either, just a few off the top of my head.

But you wanna know what still bugs me? Whatever happened to Xemmy? If I remember right, he left before I got here, but I saw a few of his posts, and he just dropped off the face of the earth.

Don't even know why it bugs me either; he was here before me, and left before me.

Guest Two-winged Cat

Though I don't think it's just FurMorphed that's slowing down - I've noticed everything that's Bi-Capitalised is slow at the moment. FaceBook, SecondLife, even IMs and RL are pretty slow right now. Admittedly, calling those last two bi-capitalised is a bit of a stretch even for me, but you get the idea.

Guest Kayleff

What was your old username? I'm sorry if I forgot you!

I wasn't naming everyone either, just a few off the top of my head.

Used to be Ozone/Oz

not a clue what happened to xemmy, never met them/spoke to them

But you wanna know what still bugs me? Whatever happened to Xemmy? If I remember right, he left before I got here, but I saw a few of his posts, and he just dropped off the face of the earth.

Don't even know why it bugs me either; he was here before me, and left before me.

I was here when Xemmy was, for a while at least, and then he left. He was still on FA for a while, but looking at his profile just now, he hasn't done anything for three weeks. I'm sure he's still out there doing something, but he might not return to FM. Too bad because he started one of the most repeatedly revived topics on here. You know which one it is. ;)

So, why am I usually not here as often. Well, college has started again and I have a full schedule and a half! A full schedule is one with 12 credit hours and I have 18. So as you can see, I am very busy. Just this week, I have a page long essay due, a 4-6 page essay due, a group report due, a presentation on my community service, which I do every Friday, is due, and I have to make two art projects by Wednesday so I've been working on that as well. Let's not forget my webcomic I am also working on.

Wow. I'm getting tired just thinking about it. Whew!

Anyways, I try to go on FM at least once a day, just to keep myself active. I'm one of the senior members here and I'm not going to go out that easy!

You can make your own topics to talk about stuff that interests you. That way there will be fun things.

This should be emphasized. When I do chat with members, a lot of the time they'll say "meh, not really into hypno right now." But we do have quite a few other boards. Post what you wanna talk about! Heck, the only reason why I don't follow my own advice is because I don't think anyone's following Garo and Adventure Time. But maybe they are. I'll never know unless I breach the topic.

I'm not sure what it is, but pretty much all the message boards I frequent have slowed down over the past 1-2 years. I don't know if it's just a fact that all boards become stagnant after a certain amount of time, or if Facebook has taken a chunk out of message boards in general.

Guest JFswift

I think I'll try to be more active on here and maybe create a topic once in a while. (what would you like to see more of though?)

Sorry, I never think of anything interesting to post so I'm mostly just a lurker that browses through the posted topics, but I get on rarely enough that I usually don't notice a slow down (once a week maybe)