Sign in to follow this  
Guest AlexRaccoon

Opinion on Tails

Guest Himmon   
Guest Himmon

I actually quite wonder "what kind?" of tail for somebody that wants one but isn't a particular species? XP

I'm not sure myself! I think I'd be happy with pretty much any type... and really, I'm not entirely sure that I would want one as something permanent and lifelong, but the sensation of having one has me too curious not to be interested regardless.

Guest LindsayPl   
Guest LindsayPl

Typical cow's, thin but long tail ended with blonde hairs. Nothing special ;P

Guest Felixthestoat   
Guest Felixthestoat

I have a yarn stoat tail that I used to wear in public a fair amount. It was a lot of fun, wish I had a real one though.

Guest augustactor   
Guest augustactor

Tails are awesome, regardless of the context honestly. Having one of your own only makes it sweeter :3

Guest Forneus   
Guest Forneus

I haven't had any successes yet, but I'm not really super active in this yet, as it's something I'm just getting into. I can definitely attest to having had phantom fursuit tail when I take the suit off, so I'm interested to see. :3

Guest JPSylvrWolfe   
Guest JPSylvrWolfe

on the occasions I have had a tail, it's been quite the experience.

I accidentally plopped it into the toilet.

God damn cold!

Guest awtuck   
Guest awtuck

My tail is a phantom one, but is there. I like it, and I like the feeling of it when I flop it on the floor. x3 hehe

Not too keen on fur suit tails, but I have had a SHORT success with a hypnotic tail at one point. Never worked again XD

Felt pretty good though - contributed to my joining of this site.

Kanibal   

ould we perhaps have a bit more than that if you're going to contribute to such an old topic. Perhaps anything that helped you get that phantom feeling afterwards (excluding alcohol at a FurCon maybe ;)) or what kinds of tail you've worn - even from my very novice position on this stuff I know there are dozens of different methods of manufacture and attachment, perhaps having different results?

I've actually been able to feel mine off and on for years now, even without recordings or live sessions or anything like that. I don't know how I convinced myself its there, but one day, years ago, I noticed that I was getting tactile sensations from it, and just took it as a success of a sorts. I've gotten to where I feel it all the time, though I've never gotten to see it. I wish I could, because I've got this weird desire to give it a good shampoo and conditioning.

Then again, I was a young teen when I started to tell myself it was there, so maybe that's why I've had the degree of success I have.

As for what its like? I can't imagine life without it anymore. I intellectually understand that it isn't physically there, but don't care, its a part of me. I've learned to curl it into my lap when sitting, unless it takes to wagging. I push doors shut with a foot, and pull them shut with my arm at full extension, or even waling backwards at times. I pull it close to me in a crowd, and stick it out when I'm running. I tend to hold it in an ark, though, it just feels natural. Though I have no feeling in the first inch of it when I'm wearing pants, which gets weird at times. Just knowing its there, though, always helps to buffer my mood a bit.

• Like 2

wtguy   

I have a bit of a phantom tail and it's an interesting feeling for sure. My mind has to pick up the slack a bit and imagine when I should be feeling sensations and such, but I enjoy it none the less. 

I'd love to have a tail and have tried one or two files to do so. Based on what I've read it would be more of a phantom limb, but for me it would be great either way.

acidfang   

If you've read my success stories you'll know I purchased a cheap tail in order to act as a prop. I used it daily for about a month then stopped mostly because it needs brushing, anyways it's been about two months since I've used it and it still shows up in my dreams. It seems like if I have a lucid/simi-lucid dream it shows up. Please note I have not seen or touched the thing for 2 months and I am still able to visualize it in size color and texture. If you are having trouble visualizing you may consider picking one up as a prop if you are big in the fandom you can always pick one up at a con if not just shop around some places sell pelt style others sell fake fur. It's a little weird but it seems to help, atleast in my case. 

I really want a tail. Ideally it'd be like that of a dragon's, red, long and conical, with a leathery hide and hard shiny scales, and two leathery fins on the end, to aid with flight.