Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest AlexRaccoon

Opinion on Tails

45 posts in this topic

If you have a tail (Yet). What is it like?

It's great! You think it would get in the way a lot, but that only makes it more special. You're probably wondering why, but I bet that anyone here who has a tail will tell you the same thing.

In my case, having a large squirrel tail is really nice. It just makes everything I do seem a little more special, whether it's just walking down a street or sitting in a chair. The only problem I ever had was that when I went swimming, for some reason, I lost my tail and I had to get it back in hypnosis again. Don't know why but friends told me it might be because my brain couldn't guess how my tail would move and feel underwater and so it just disappeared. This doesn't happen when I shower so I guess it's just a pool thing.

Also, my tail was the first success I had in hypnosis. I had got it in just a couple of days, but everyone is different. My tail was part of a permanant file and so I thought it would be with me forever but all good things must come to an end. I had managed to keep my tail for about 6 months without hypnosis, but then it began to fade and now only when I concentrate on it, I can feel it. I hope to get it back and maybe get further effects in my hypnosis, but I have not had time for months. I'm sure I will get it back, but because of time, I cannot do it anytime soon. I miss my tail, but it will not be gone forever. I will get it back.

PS: I never went as far as to see my tail, but the feeling alone is worth it.

Are we talking hypnosis tails or fursuit tails?

I know bout Fursuits. I have tried it. I learnt bout Hypnosis files cause someone told me. I had never tried Hypnosis and I came here cause this someone recommended it to me. I don't believe there is a Raccoon Hypnosis though.

Actually somebody had a raccoon script somewhere in the development forums, but there are no recordings that i have found as of yet either.

EDIT: (I guess i should stay on topic tho)...As for my experience with tails, I have had very few successes at tail sensations, but it was a wonderful sensation every time I got it to work.

Edited by thecoonehoftime

Are we talking hypnosis tails or fursuit tails?

I was thinking about that too but since he asked what is it like, I'm guessing he's talking about hypnosis tails.

Still, I didn't say anything because I am not sure if new members can access the general hypnosis section or not.

Edited by Henry

I only get faint sensations of my tails but I don't listen to my file heavily due to having a span of issues tranceing for a week or so while I was sick followed by move followed by hectic work and... yeah haven't gotten a chance in a few weeks and only got my file shortly before it. Anyhow.

The faint sensations I do get I love my tails. *hugs them*

but on to people more experienced than me:

I think I almost have a tail, I can't wait for it to fully develop, so far it just feels like I can control its movements, but I don't have feeling in it yet.

I hope it is as good as people say. I'm going to the download section tonight to see what there is

it would be awesome to have a tail. just right there for you to play with

Having a tail is one of the only things I've managed to get from hypnosis so far save for a few fluke situations as they turned out. I can't visualize it yet, but I definitely feel it. It's just a sort of thing that, after awhile, becomes just part of your life. It's not something you have to broadcast or anything and sometimes you forget about it until you try to sit in a chair with a solid back or lay down wrong. I often have to readjust myself in bed so I don't lie on it, and I can only sleep on my side (which I've always done anyway).

Honestly, it's not that big of a thing, but it's a nice thing to know about yourself as a little "I know and that's all that matters" thing. But for me personally, that's the whole reason I'm doing this; for my own self-confidence. I'll feel better seeing myself a certain way and in some ways, maybe that's better than a physical change if only because humans, in general, are dicks.

The thing about tails as well is to be extremely careful with them, u don't want ur precious tail getting smashed.....while one does not fully feel their tail yet (which currently is me), it is a good idea to practice as if you had one....leaving extra room, being careful about doors and chairs, etc....in fact, it is a way to help reinforce the idea that you truly do have one in many ways :)

i liked to imagine i would fiddle around with my tail and wind it around random stuff at times to help me picture its length since keeping it a consistent length was a challenge for me xD

when I started feeling my tails entirely, I never could stop feeling them and I have control of them. I tend to move my tails close to me when I walk through a door or move my tails to be sticking between my legs when I have to lay on my back.

Edit: Only thing that I can't get my tails to do is to get them into a position that won't hurt them while sitting in a chair for 12 hours or more.

Edited by Kiarashifter

Edit: Only thing that I can't get my tails to do is to get them into a position that won't hurt them while sitting in a chair for 12 hours or more.

I don't even think that tail-less humans can sit in a chair for 12 hours or more without hurting. I personally still can't sit back fully on a chair without it hurting....unless it has a convenient gap :3

I've tried hypnosis before to get a tail. Unfortunately I've never had any hypnosis work for me.

tails are the best. I think i enjoyed the challenge of imaging the tail more than i thought.

I've had a phantom tail for quite some time and to be honest it's quite enjoyable~

I've thought a lot about this, and I'm still undecided. It would be pretty sweet, but I'm sure there would be drawbacks I can't think of.

Having it get in the way would definitely make me more conscientious. However, I have no idea how I would explain any behavioral changes because of it.

I have a ghost limb tail, and have had it for a while. I'm a bit sad that I can't see it, but I can feel it when I'm walking and it reminds me of that wonderful soft spot in my heart I have for furries.

Sometimes I feel it brush against things, but it will vanish if things get too complicated, like jumping in water. Thankfully, it subconsciously comes back before I know it.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it more permanent, and maybe even see it someday. :3

tails are really amazing though people say that i walk funny and sit oddly not realising i have a tail to compensate for , they do impact your life somewhat but its totally worth the trouble.

back when I was in college I had a phantom tail. hopefully I can get it back.

Am I weird for not really considering myself to "be" any particular animal / anthro, and yet really wanting a tail anyway? >.>

Am I weird for not really considering myself to "be" any particular animal / anthro, and yet really wanting a tail anyway? >.>

not necessarily.

you probably are wierd for various other reasons :P

either way, I wouldn't sweat it. you're in good company

I actually quite wonder "what kind?" of tail for somebody that wants one but isn't a particular species? XP