Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Tyro

You're Invited

Apate stood nearby, his eyes focusing somewhere to the left, his hands once again held behind his back. He would have to ask about getting hand guards before they left, but it wasn't entirely on his mind at the moment. Painting... martial arts... calligraphy... swordsmen... music... he went over the list, assessing the order of monks bit by bit.

Guest Boarders0

"example...do they have to be dead in the not functioning way or dead as a sentient being?". Seroab asked fingering his whip

Guest Tyro

"I was not aware of a difference." Kyrios said, crossing his arms. "It doesn't matter seeing as all I want you to do is to destroy every single one of them. You will also have no back-up because I want to see you handle this on your own. Follow me, it's not too far from here."

The resulting walk through the gardens and then over the currently not dead grass-land beyond that took about half an hour. A bouncing place full of life that streaked across you before you could tell what it was.

The Temple loomed up ahead. A red and black building, oriental in style with the sloped roofs ending in a wooden curl. The large practice grounds surrounded the even larger, three story building. The porch on the ground floor had several of the Wolf Monks standing guard. They wore black robes with red hems, carrying katana at the ready. You could also see crossbows sweeping the dusty practice areas for attackers.

"Off you go." Kyrios said.

Variath sighed, taking a scope out of his pocket, and mounting it on the upper rail of his rifle, and soon after attaching a silencer. "Gotcha. Well guys, I suppose you can each take your own way at it. But please try to leave their heads intact so we can mount them later, can't have a party without trophies." said Variath with a slight grin. Inwards he had already focused, attaching a horizontal front hand guard and bipod to his rifle as he moved swiftly yet controlled, silent, finding a slight rise with a small bush upon it which he went over to, sighting out possible cover and building entrances and windows, then taking aim at the paroling guards, sighting the neck of the first as the wolf monk's right was turned toward Variath.

Taking careful aim honed over a number of decades, Variath pulled the trigger, action moving the bullpup rifle ever so slightly back against Variath's shoulder in recoil, the 6.5mm x 42mm armor piercing round with a semi-hollowpoint soaring faster than the speed of sound at his prey, tungsten tip penetrating through the first monk's neck, cut;ting through his jugular and tearing apart his windpipe, cutting through the other side and soaring past him into the building behind him, mercury spraying upon impact as the depleted uranium in the round is pushed forward as the exterior shell of the bullet decelerates and the tip pierces the wall in front of it, momentum pushing the now sabot tungsten core through the wall inside in a near random direction, possibly injuring or killing any unlucky bystander within, as the unlucky monk who's neck is now torn asunder's jugulars' spray blood upon each pump of his heart, spurting against his neck and down his windpipe, and on the monk near him.

And in all the time it took that to happen, Variath had already aimed at the second monk, and pulled the trigger again, silencer covering up the flash and sound of the shots.

Guest Boarders0

"they will scream that is for sure," Seroab said loading the crossbow, firing the first bolt into a window, it appears as the whole room implodes then explodes. leaps up and starts soaring above the castle explosions happening randomly on the ground beneath. landing inside the gate "aww all out of francium", untying his whip storing the crossbow. "now for the fun part."

Variath sighed, picking himself up off the ground, removing the bipod and silencer from his rifle, and changing the forward grip to vertical, before sighing again and replacing the 5x scope with a reflex sight. "Well I suppose there went quiet entry." he said, eyeing the explosions. "And there goes any hope of leaving a lasting monument of their corpses. Ah well. I suppose all that is left is to simply kill them then." he said, running forward while changing his gun to full automatic. Rushing in to the buildings, he shot three monks before kicking down the door to the center building, killing the five in the room as quickly as possible with headshots, ducking back against a wall and affixing a bayonet to his rifle and swapping his cartridge with a fresh one before looking at the stairs where three monks who heard the gunshots were running down, swords drawn. Variath shot each one of them, 6.5mm rounds killing each as their spines were severed by tungsten and mercury forcefully destroyed their chest cavities.

Guest Boarders0

Sreoab pulls a cylinder out of the hilt of his whip and attaches it to his left wrist. through a slit on the top, side and bottom, he draws his whip through. "elemental intelligence, lets how they like concentrated hydrocloric acid." as he turns and whips at two monks approaching him, splashing acid on the monks, both fall to the ground screaming as the acid burned holes through their flesh.

Running through the alcove, Apate kept himself quiet and his scales camouflaged, observing each monk that ran past towards the others. However, they were there for the sake of making a demonstration, so after a point where he had removed himself from the others a decent distance, he forced his hand out into the side of a passing monk, revealing himself.

Noticeably shocked at the random chameleon, the wolf monks didn't take long to regain their composure, the first charging at him with their sword bared. I'm unarmed and they're attacking me. The whole place is on red alert. Reaching this conclusion, Apate swung out his hands and blocked the oncoming sword slash with the hand guards he had gotten. Swiveling the sword to the side, he saw during twisting around that another monk was already charging, the sword pointed forwards this time. Finishing swiveling the sword and grabbing the first monk by the wrist, Apate pulled the monk into a lock in from of him and stuck him on the second monk's charging sword. Taking advantage of the now stunned second monk, Apate grabbed the first sword that had been dropped upon the first monk getting skewered, and stabbed it through the back of the first monk, into the chest of the second one.

All of this had happened in the span of about five seconds. Shoving the shishkebabbed monks aside, Apate took a combative stance at the surrounding monks, who appeared to be faltering in their courage after that display. Seeing this, Apate took a bit of extra time to calculate. From the size of this place the others should be finishing with the ones outside soon. It should give me a bit of time to progress a decent amount in here. We should be finished in about ten minutes he figured. However, this was based on whether or not any of them had entered at any other areas. It was a variable Apate didn't have time to consider, as he heard another monk charging behind him, sword to the side this time.

Just as the monk went into his swing, Apate dropped into a crouch, repositioned to balancing on his hands, and kicked at the side of the monk's ankles. With the monk pushed off his feet into the air, Apate rebalanced on one hand, striking the other up into the monk's now exposed spine. The strike did its job, as Apate heard the base of the spine snap from the pressure of his claws. Rolling out of the way for the monk to fall to the ground, now paralyzed, Apate jumped up and surged towards the closest monk, ready for another attack.

Guest Boarders0

Walking through the streets, Seroab comes to an intersection of the road. He sees monks in the distance running to the fight. Where he is standing seems to be empty, imidatly he drops to the ground and rolles. He jumps up and looks where he was standing and four monks were recovering. Walking towards them he wraps the whip around the legs of one and throwes him into the air. "That wasn't Very sporting now was it," you hear. A thud behind him, still getting closer he starts slashing at two of them. By this time the fourth one one is up and ready to fight. "shall we dance" Seroab asks punching at his opponents head "come show me what you got" as the monk moves into leopard stance right after dodgin such a lazy blow. Seroab spreads his wings out high and hops into eagle stance.

Beggining to trade blows. Leopard quickly becomes serpent as eagle turns to hawk, hands moving at 4 blows a second. Hawk turns into finch as serpent goes to muskrat, Finch goes to warthog as muskrat goes to flamingo. "want to know the best thing about owls" as flamingo goes to lion. Seroab jumps back into a backflip and goes into a midair dragon stance as he flaps hard right at the monk slamming his back into the closest building crumpling over. "wings" As he turns around the whole exchange taking a little under 30 seconds the monk. He threw in the air was moving, Seroab walks over "tallons are nice too" he grabs the monk by the head tallons digging into the ear canals, lifts him up and smashes him face first into the ground, flesh and rocks spraying in every which direction, "you should get a facial before seeing me again" he states to the immoving body as he puts the cylinder away and wraps the whip up, pulling out his crossbow and the last quiver of bolts, "let's see how effective these ones are"

Variath ran up the stairs, a monk charging at him with his sword before being impaled on Variath's bayonet and being tossed over the rail as Variath quickly moved up to the next floor, shooting the monks he saw before they could react, each one slumping into the ground in pools of blood. Then Variath felt a sensation. Using his talents, he slowed his perception of time, noticing a monk jumping at him from the left. in the far reaches of his peripheral vision. Lunging forward into a roll, Variath turned around at the stunned monk and shot him point blank in the head, blood splattering as the bullet expands inside his head. Moving swiftly against the wall, Variath looked to the side and behind him. The wooden complex would be large and full of enemies, and since he did not clear out the bottom floor he could easily be ambushed in any direction. But as with any organization, these monks should have a leader, and by all accounts he or she should be at the top floor of the center-most building. Therefore he had to get up to the third floor. Running down the hall, Variath peeked around the corner and saw a group of four monks nearby, and a huddle of perhaps ten down the hall. Cursing, Variath shot the four in front of him swiftly, before turning to the group farther down. He shot most of them, but two had managed to fire crossbow bolts before dying. Variath lunged for the floor as they narrowly passed above his head, cascading into the opposite wall in the hall. Changing his rifle's magazine again while running down the now bloodstained hall, he looked up at the stairs. The third floor would be the most heavily guarded, and likely have a few monks better trained than the rabble he had put down up to this point. Steeling himself for the combat, Variath began making his way up the stairs.

Apate continued running through the complex, having stolen a katana from one of the monks and fastened it to his waist. There weren't that many rooms left to search with how he was approaching the process. After several minutes of searching however, he came to a somewhat darkened room, with what appeared to be an aged wolf in the middle of a painting. Not saying anything, Apate slowly walked into the room.

"My child," the wolf started, without even turning around, "why has this attack been called? If you bring conflict towards someone simply for having a conflicting thought, you would be left with an empty world," he said, his voice calm. "You are a high position in this order. You accept this to be true?" Apate said, ignoring what the monk had stated. "While I may be in a high position, eliminating me will obtain you nothing," he said, continuing painting. However, Apate noticed him slowly reaching for a nearby and pretty decently concealed katana that he hadn't originally noticed. He's wary. He's trying to convince me to not attack. "You're the head. At least of this sector of this order," Apate said. "Hmm... You're not the average grunt. Why would Kyrios send you all out here?" the monk said, having stood up, his back still to Apate.

"To make an example. And to test us," Apate said, and the monk laughed a bit, staying with his back to Apate. "So Kyrios is trying out his new toys. Are you sure you're really dedicated towards this?" he asked. "You're stalling," Apate said, causing the monk to flinch some. "Then kill me. Surely you know of our style by how many monks you've likely slaughtered," he said. He was still stalling. "I've studied your style on my way up. However, you are likely more experienced. But I can hold you off until my colleagues arrive," Apate said, going into a defensive stance with his stolen katana. "Shouldn't you be looking for more prestige with your new boss?" the monk said, finally turning to face Apate. "This assignment isn't about personal credit. This assignment is about making an example," Apate said again. The monk finally gave up, and charged at Apate.

Variath continued making his way, automatic gunfire echoing as he cleared the hallway bit by bit. With each impact of his bullets, another monk's chest or head exploded in a fountain of blood. Then he heard something behind him. Dodging in a lunge roll to the ground and turning around in a crouching position he looked up at the monk who found himself surprised to not have his sword make impact. Variath shot at the monk, but the monk dodged to Variath's left, lunging at him. Deflecting the monk with his bayonet Variath moved forward, a knife rapidly plunging into the monk's neck, severing his spine. Dropping the limp corpse, Variath wiped the blood off his knife, sheathing it and reloading a clip before continuing on. He then found a room and entered it, kicking down the door. Seeing a monk just sitting there, meditating. The monk went to speak up.

"Why have you co-" he said, before a bullet caused his skull to rip apart. Variath moved on to the next room, which appeared to be a dining hall or something of the like. Standing at the opposite end of the room was yet another monk, who turned to him, eyes aflame and katana drawn.

"Why have you come here?" He managed to ask, before one of his kneecaps was shot off, leg shattered and bleeding as he slumped to the ground.

"Why have I come? I'll tell you. Because I was hired for a job which I have no way to refuse to take. So you're all going to die. Understand?" Said Variath, shooting the man in the groin next, the monk shrieking in pain, eyes wideeyed in pain and begging for him to end it. Variath next shot off the man's other lower leg, then both his arms, the man bleeding to death, but slowly.

"Have fun dying." Said Variath coldly, the man's cries loud, breaking the silence as more monks came running up to the room, each to be shot one by one in the narrow chokepoint of the door, seven bodies blocking the lower bit of the doorway. Reloading his rifle yet again, Variath moved out into the hallway, and proceeded to search the upper floor, though he came upon a few dead monks not killed by his hand. "So someone beat me up here. Whatdayaknow." he said, shooting a monk who had just come up from a stairwell and proceeding to search, kicking down door after door.

Variath looked at Theta, sighing and reloading. Just one more variable. "Whats you're status? Are the floors below clear?" He asked, looking down the hall where theta stood opposite. there were only three more doors on this level to check. Kicking down the first, he found an empty storage room. The second, an empty bedroom. Then he kicked down the third door, gun at the ready.

"Where did you study? Certainly not here," the monk deduced as he continued on the offensive. Apate meanwhile continued to block each blow, jumping into spins in order to deflect several strikes. "A place you never would have heard of," he answered, now being the one trying to stall for time. "I don't know about that. I feel that I've been through the world many times by now. Try me," said the monk, going for another side slash.

Apate remained stone faced at the monk, instead trying to listen around him. He could hear doors slamming around somewhere nearby. They were getting closer... That was until Apate realized they were coming from rooms across from the one they were in, past the window. They were in a different hallway...

For a brief instance, Apate didn't know what to do. However, this didn't last long, as he began stepping slowly around the monk, attempting to position himself and now the monk properly for whenever they entered the room directly across from them. He would have to be misaligned with the monk, who would have to have his back to the window. Each of them had some form of projectile weapon. It's just a matter of time now...

Guest Tyro

Kyrios sat on a provided chair in the long grass surrounding this place, watching from a distance. The grin on his muzzle was telling of how well everyone was doing so far. It seemed rather easy a test so far...

A man in a purple suit stood over Kyrios with a few handfuls of paper. He straitens this tie before handing the paper over.

"Punchard, I'm trying to watch."

"They're rather important. There are rumblings from three new places." The paper still hung there in the hand. Reluctantly, Kyrios rolled his eyes, grabbing the paper then glancing at each report.

"Honestly, we haven't had any activity from any known enemies of the Empire for a few weeks now. Worlds are just rattling cages for no good reason these days." His eyebrows raise as he looks over the second report. "We have another one..."

"Sir?" Punchard said.

"Hmm..." Kyrios said, looking at the report closely. "Another rebellion that seemed too spontaneous."

Sure, wherever the Empire held it's grip over it's lands, there would be some free radicals. In some places, it was just too hard to get rid of them all. There would always be some left. The inescapable fact that there would always be one philosophical nut job that would try and pop the dream Kyrios had ordered to be created throughout the Empire. Particularly thick areas of this liberal coating of thought-destroyer tended to be around manufacturing, industry and the soldiers. You keep happy workers and everyone will march happily along, living for the button pressing. A few people threatened that. Some were well known. Some just popped up without warning or clues why.

Behind door number three was one of the wolves, dressed in tight, black robes and a shroud around the head. You could see plates of armour underneath the material. With speed unheard of, this wolf grabs Variath's rifle and pulls it downwards, of target till it would shoot the floor behind. With his free hand, the wolf springs the heel of his palm into Variath's face while attempting to yank the gun out of his hand.

An arrow zips past Seroab's covered ear. A wolf, ashen brown fur, had fired it. he wore a black poncho over the glimpses of leather and metal armour underneath. He had a peculiar mask on. It was a wooden carving in the shape of an owl with one menacing eye but the other was a set of optical lenses. Small, rotatable telescopes of several sizes sat in the other eye, supposedly to give predator vision. The bow was carved as well to resemble wings that feathered out at the ends. Two bronze bird talons stood on either side of where the arrows leave.

"A warning show to allow you to absolve your sins, my wayward son. To choose the right path, some need a push. Apologies if I had started you." His voice was young.

Variath grimaces, kicking the wolf's shin before lunging forward, grabbing the rifle's ammo clip as he moved and firing the chambered round as the gun swings in his lunge's arc. "So they have a competent fighter after all. And here I thought I wouldn't get to have any fun." Said Variath in a mildly sarcastic tone, before using his talents with illusions to cloak the rifle and then lowering the illusion of his sword, drawing it his right, right, the hand-and-a-half sword's gleaming in the dim lantern light, a mild golden glow in it's hilt, where there was a small gem like sphere, plain seeming beyond its glow, mixed white and gold, the whole blade radiating heat as if on fire, yet the metallic blade gleamed white before Variath brought his sword defensively, eyeing the wolf's moves and using his talents to improve his reaction time. He might need it with this cloaked anomaly.

Guest Boarders0

Seroab looks over the wolf and asks him, "now who might you be" , looking at the wolfs equiptment. With wings wrapped around his body looking like a buisiness man, holding a glass bolt in his left talon reaching for his crossbow with his right.

Apate managed to hold the position for a little longer, but couldn't hear the series of doors opening anymore. They weren't coming. Now he was in danger.

Stepping back from the assault a few feet, the monk looked a bit puzzled at Apate's somewhat random movement as his limbs strangely began to droop. His head facing downwards, his arms dangling, the katana being held rather limply in his hand, he very suddenly resembled a rag doll, being strung up from the ceiling, and actually looked very weak. "My boy? Are you all right? I don't want to harm you, and I won't if you leave this place now," the monk said, attempting to get a closer look at Apate, who was remaining silent.

After several seconds though, without even looking up, at lightning speed, Apate swung the sword into the monk's now open weak spot, chopping off his right arm. Screaming in pain, the monk dropped to his knees, holding the stump. Turning around a bit, he saw Apate standing behind him, sword bared. But his eyes were what really chilled him. They were completely blank. His pupils were entirely dilated. With his lurid stance and empty eyes, he looked like a completely different creature. "W...what are you?" the monk managed to ask.

"Your executioner," Apate said in a quiet voice, before delivering a fatal slice into the back of the monk's neck.

Guest Tyro

The wolf in the owl mask loads his weapon and draws the string back.

"I go by the name of Búho Corazón. I wish to help you atone for your sins today. But I must use deadly force if you do not repent." Búho waits patiently and silently for Seroab's reply, arrow still at the ready.

The wolf in black lost his grip on the rifle but sees an opening on Variath as the rifle fires into the ground and then comes under Variath's illusion. The wolf throws a strike for the kitsune's solar plexus, taking a step out of the room in the process. With the same speed and accuracy, the wolf managed to kick himself off the door frame and straight at Theta. The wolf attempts to tackle him to the ground before rolling along the ground into a ready stance.