Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Tyro

You're Invited

Apate folded his arms and leaned against the window next to his seat while looking out it, his eyes drooping some. He was still shaking off a bit of the chill from the freezer.

Guest Boarders0

Sitting in the cabin, Seraob takes out a small electrical device and starts fiddling with it. "yes all com methods are turned off," he states with out looking up, after Variath apologized, "paranoid creatures," he mumbles under his breath.

Guest Tyro

Kyrios watches Variath wonder away with phone. He immediately dropped out of the conversation to go and talk with his as of yet unseen wife.

I can relate...Kyrios thought.

He made quick steps towards the Black TARDIS's doors, inspecting the grain of the wood closely.

"This is a 'Time Machine'? While I'm forced to testify that this can transport people from one point to another, otherwise you wouldn't be here, I refuse to believe that this could travel through time." He pushes open the door, to get a better look inside. While he was expecting to see nothing but the inside of a wooden box like it's 'Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure', he got the horridly complicated console with a shaft of light in the centre. The metal-mesh platforms and the weird architectural coral the walls were made of. He walks inside the spacious room inside the far smaller box.

"Is this it?" Kyrios said, hugely unimpressed according to his voice. "I have a daughter that can create greater sized rooms within envelopes..." He moves through the Console Room towards the controls.

"Digital shall have to bring a team here at some point..." Kyrios bends over the console to look at the machine in closer detail.

"This thing has no guiding logic at all. If this thing is a form of transport, then there are trolls easier to control than this thing."

Digital preferred the silence in to cockpit. It meant that he could work properly rather than be forced to juggle conversation and helicopter piloting. Apate would benefit greatly from letting Digital work upon him. So would Digital benefit greatly if Apate let Digital work upon him. The Chameleon wasn't likely to rush into anything.

You can see outside as they pass over into the Palace grounds that the lawn goes from neat and kept green to a sudden plane of ash as though there was a fire.

"I like the bit where someone says it's bigger on the inside,"Theta remarks, annoyed. "I always look forward to that." He moves to the console. "Would you like to know why this is the last TARDIS in the universe?"

Guest Boarders0

Glancing up, looking at the TARDIS's door Seroab comments, "wouldn't that thing have a higher mass density due to more mass in a smaller space via the envelope."

Guest Tyro

"Is the reason this is the only one because you can't get cheep enough insurance?" Yes, Kyrios was going to take the Mickey rather than spout quantum physics for a bit, seemingly out of no-where. "I'd imagine the price goes though the roof when the steering wheel could be anything out of five-hundred different devices." The truth was that he wasn't that bothered. All he new was that this man possessed something of vague use. He'd have to prove whether this machine could actually move through time as well as space.

His ears pick up to the sound of whirring chopper blades.

"Well, we can get him looking immediately."

The Digital's helicopter flew over the Palace towards the now dry lawn. The wind kicked up huge amounts of the fine dust while slowing down on the constant force of air they had. The door on the side slid open.

Guest Boarders0

"finally something interesting to do, not that physics isn't interesting but i prefer to be moving around." he states while stepping outside, wings slightly fluttering in the air. "ooh, that feels good."

Apate stepped out of the helicopter door and onto the landing pad, before turning back to wait for Digital to exit as well, holding his hands behind his back in patience.

Guest Tyro

Kyrios looks over towards the Eagle Owl, smirking.

"Agree, providing that you were discussing physics and not just spouting whatever you can remember from the last Sci-fi film you watched." He paced quickly through the doors and over the grey dust that was now being scattered a little by the wind. It made a grey tint in the air. As he walked, Kyrios had to sweep the dust off his coat at quick intervals. He passes through the doors of the palace, sweeping left down the corridor and up a staircase. The dust in his fur was blown off by the air pulsing from the rotor blades.

"Digital, getting to know your new colleagues?" He said, standing and watching the Chameleon and the blue-glass faced machine step out.

"Judging by the grey trail behind you, I would say I missed the demonstration." Digital said, walking towards Kyrios. "My Lord, I present Apate. He is a promising soldier of great, already showcased skill. We have the tests to prove it."

"Maybe I'll check-up on that later. Either way, welcome." Kyrios said. "I would imagine the newbies are following..."

Guest Boarders0

"That was entirely uncalled for, I may not be deep into Physics, but the little I do understand is what i am working with, no I am a geneticist at heart and will do all i can to advance my studies in that field. " Sredoab states opening his wings enough to show his arms.

Guest Tyro

"Oh, suck it up man!" Kyrios says to Sredoab, "You'll have worse from other people. Believe me."

The Black Fox swishes around, heading back indoors from the Helipad, out of sight. It's then that Digital claps his hands together. The noise of clanging metal rings loudly instead.

"We are expecting word upon your first mission soon where Lord Kyrios himself will judge your talents out in the field, gentlemen. But first, I require a little data from you all, if you will." Digital gestures towards the side of the edge of the helipad. There, four large melons attached to suits of armour like a head stand straight. Someone has drawn simple smiling faces on them. The wall of a tower stands behind them.

"I just want to see your strength for a little analysis, nothing to worry yourself with. Please, each choose a melon-headed enemy and defeat him. I will be watching from here."

Guest Boarders0

Quickly Sedroab pulls out his crossbow and shoots the melon, on impact you hear breaking glass as the melon explodes. "Caesium, filled bolts. I wont waste the francium ones on a demonstration."

Guest Tyro

"Interesting." Digital wonders over towards Theta, taking close looks at the device in his hand. "And what are you using to keep it from the air?" Without a word, Digital picks up the Laser Screwdriver as through it was an antique pipe. The slits in his face revealed nothing about where he was looking.

"What do you power this with?" He starts turning it in his hands.

Variath eyed it, raising an eyebrow, before throwing daggers to the plate over the heart, dagger flying with enough force to penetrate a half inch of high carbon steel, and a second to the groin, before swinging his arm to his back, dropping the illusion cloaking his custom rifle, taking three shots, one to the position of the aorta, one to the position of the base of the brainstem, and a third to the hole where the dagger was in the brow, followed by lowering his gun and yawning, enveloping the remainder of the suit of armor in foxfire for a moment.

Apate looked at the remaining melon head. Another test. "Judging by the distortion, the force must be delivered precisely..." he trailed off, before dropping into a much more streamline stance and taking off towards the dummy at a rapid pace. Taking a rather decent jump and tucking his left arm back while flattening his hand out, Apate surged forward with snakelike speed and stabbed his hand through the center of the melon, before proceeding to rip out the other side.

Apate stepped back and examined the remains of the destroyed fruit on his hand, holding them up in the daylight. His expression changing to curiosity, tilting his head a few times. "The colors always change...," he said a bit quietly. At this, he blinked a few times, his voice containing uncertainty, before shaking his hand free of the rest. Quietly, he walked back to the others.

Guest Tyro

"And what are those? Can I take this from you for an hour maybe?"

There was also a few odd camera's on the scene. As you might have noticed, Digital is transfixed with the Laser Screwdriver. These few camera's are linked, by long wires, to more computers that are just blinking away in Digital's room. The odd fluttering as small wings flap while trying to get away from the noise of printers.

"Oi! I've got a job for you lot." Kyrios stood by the door with a piece of paper. "Does anyone have any experience with warrior monks?" Kyrios said that too dead-pan to be a joke...probably..

"In a village near-by a monastery has declared me personally what seems to be their new Devil and are gathering arms." Kyrios said, reading from the paper note. "The Wolf Monks of Phylis are trained in the arts of painting, calligraphy, martial arts, music and swordsmanship." The paper was lowered as he addressed them directly.

"There isn't a single one that couldn't deal with at least thirty of my men, but it's here that I want you to prove yourself against a target that actually moves. And might have a better chance of fighting back. It will be you four verses about three-hundred and twenty armed men on their own turf. I will be watching. Any questions?"

"would you rather them dead, terrified, or dead and made an example out of?" asked variath, releasing his clip and loading three bullets into it before reloading and flipping on the safety catch.

Guest Tyro

Digital's face went from disappointment when the screwdriver was taken back to confusion at Theta's words.

"I beg your pardon?"

Kyrios' smile slashed open to show the pearly white teeth beneath.

"Dead and made an example of. I like it especially that you give me the choice Variath, thank you. I will have to see how well you deliver."