Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Tyro

You're Invited

Variath looked in, surprised. "Distortion of third dimension.... tesseract effect perhaps?" said Variath, awestruck for a moment, blinking, trying to think of other possibilities. Walking in, he looked around for a seat, and to check for weapons, possible traps, defense panels, or anything else which might be a threat, keeping his rifle in his hands. "I must say this is impressive, save for the cliche lighting. Honestly, black-lit with neon would be more intimidating, should you run all green, or all red neon panels." Variath added in a joking, yet truthful tone.

Guest Tyro

(Time Wolf, Vulpes and Boardes, I'm sure Time Wolf's hoping for the obligatory "Good lord, how is this possible?!" conversation all characters introduced to the TARDIS's infinite dimensions are supposed to have but I was hoping you'd get to Kyrios' location in the next couple of posts? Just a concern. Could be nothing.

On another note, odd but interesting character Khazix. Anyhoo, lets introduce one of the other character's I've got on the bench...)

The smoke was the least of the problems as he makes barely careful steps through the remains of the blast. Burning orangutan, bull and cheep suit material lacing the air, joining forces with the smoke. Rubble cracked under foot.

The blue glass mouth stays largely still, holding onto the look of disinterest.

"Tut tut." He said rather than made the noise. His voice was a more natural sounding version of any text-to-speech program. The imperfections of computers trying to emulate the human voice were still present. "Blowing up my subordinates is a sure way of landing yourself in hot water."

A metal hand - resembling a small armoured gauntlet that had come to life - made two sharp knocks on the freezer door.

"As I understand it, you are likely to die in there. Come out now and we can find you a tanning bed." Perhaps that would work. They provided heat, which he needed right now. Makes you wonder how he survives without a constant heat source.

"Mr Apate?"

"That's a good idea," said Theta. He pressed a few buttons on the console, and the room's lighting changed to fit Variath's idea. "And it isn't a tesseract, it's dimensionally transcendental. Now then, where does this Kyrios fellow live? I need co-ordinates."

"Three knives says it would be on the letter." Said Variath, still looking for a place to sit. "Also, got any chairs?" he asked, sighing

Apate, having already left the freezer, hadn't cared for the mechanical oddity he heard passing through elsewhere in the rubble. However, he did decide it was in his interest to turn back when he heard his name. Was someone watching him?

Looking around, Apate took advantage of a nearby beam half broken and sticking out of a pile of cement chunks, and climbed along it to get a view of the strange machine attempting to address him. Unknown. Custom job. Level of intricacy implies deeper abilites. It's pointless hiding he finished thinking, dropping down and landing evenly on what was left of a small flat surface. "A tanning bed burns the scales. Dormant tendencies are best fought off with warm fluids. But what you're really concerned about is something to do with me..." he trailed off, still figuring the thing out as he walked toward it. "Is there something you require?"

((Also, thanks. I always love making new characters))

"hopefully not as textbook as the landing you made on my house." said Variath, sighing "Well, lets go see what all this is about, eh?" said Variath, doing one last quick check on his rifle, before holstering it on his back and hiding it in an illusion again, waiting near the door.

Guest Boarders0

I walk to the door and brushe past Veraith, opening the door wings partly open as I step outside examining the Enviroment.

Guest Tyro

(The speech mannerisms are like that of a console app on a computer. He's like a Terminator in scales.

Also, my internet broke down, last time I tried to post...)

"Require? As you are asking, yourself. Dr Zarl - " A moment to give a look to what was left of the orangutan corpse on the floor. "Was planning on presenting you to Lord Kyrios himself, presumably by way of a promotion. The science staff can get competitive here, especially under the cracks of the whip. It appears this was an excersize to test your capabilities and whether they are suited to bionic augmentations. You passed with flying colours but seeing as its your experience that is required, your status as a 'test subject' has been lifted." He flicks a little dust from the cuff of his clean, pressed suit, covering the thin body and frame he had.

"You are to be come one of our Generals. Like myself." A hand, like a metal shop mannequin, was offered to the Chameleon. "I am Digital, General to Lord Kyrios and head of Science and Research all over the Empire. You are?"

No sooner had The Black Fox thrown the ashes of the flower to the wind, had the same air be filled with the most bizarre cacophony of noise with no explanation. A constant dragging of chair leg ended then began over and over. He turns, sweeping the garden for what was breaking the near silence here. Eventually, his eyes fell on something vaguely black. A ghostly box seemingly building itself out of the air. With each flash of the light, each pulse of what sounded like piano-wire having keys dragged down it, the anachronistic box dragged itself to its new position on a flower bed. He watches as the noise eventually comes to a halt, letting the front door swing open. Somehow, a Police Phonebox that had been haphazardly painted black let three creatures out into the air. He recognised them from his reports. He took steps towards the three emerging men, examining each one.

"You took this because a horse was too cliché? Or was the dragon too expensive or did you want the anti-climax after all?" He said.

He observed the Owl equivalent of Indiana Jones. Never has he ever thought that whips and owls went together. Still, if he's any good with it he could be useful...

Another was a man that happened to be wearing a long coat in the hot sun. You either did that if you were mad or hiding something. This would be the kitsune assassin he asked for. Manerisms were rather downplayed. He would have to watch the kitsune for his true colours.

The wolf looked like a lunatic on paper. He seemed to be off his rocker, trolley and head in person. But the loon had a bizarre history of popping up at just the right moment. It would seem this man had timing down to a T to the point it was like a super-power. A leash of some kind might be needed...

"Either way, you certainly took your time."

Guest Boarders0

"and who do you suppose you may be, you don't seem to have the air of power. So you cant be this one Lord Kyrios we have come to meet."

(eagle "owl" they are the owls that look angry)

Variath stood silent, merely looking for possible hidden weapons, security, and escape routes, also noting the black fox who's statements would place him in administration position, he also looked to see whether there were any noticeable bulges in his clothing which might denote hidden weapons.

Apate wasn't interested in hearing the job described to him a second time. When he heard of the one in charge of this whole operation however, his eyes widened a bit, but just for a split second. He immediately returned to an empty stare afterwards, looking at the offered metallic hand. "I accept," he said, briefly shaking the hand. "And you already know my name."

Guest Tyro

He gives the hand a glance like Theta had offered a rat.

"Not my time, Mr Sigma." He walks around the wolf to watch the eyes of Variath flicker in various subtle directions. A grin forms.

"I've been around enough assassins to know what your doing. I carry no weapon." He raises his arms in a showman like fashion. "I am Lord Kyrios. Here, just outside the capital of my empire, we will be awaiting new friends. We will be working to fix the greater problems that spring up in any machine. Others of your new rank are likely to drop by as you enjoy your stay here at Kimberly Palace. I will observe and question as I see fit. You'll be following my orders." He makes his way towards one of the raised flower beds, this time filled with poppies. He skims his fingers over the soft earth.

"Any initial questions?"

Digital shakes Apate's hand, a smile forming on the liquid-like glass.

"Then let us depart." He turns walking out of the room, and around the general mess. "I have transport outside." He stops walking, turns his head.

"The amalgamations and modifications to your body are optional but highly recommended, in my opinion. The offer will always stand. I shall preform the surgery myself. No hurry." He resumes his exit.

"I have a few, if you are willing to answer them. I would like to ask the pay, whether I will be able to wear my preferred attire even while on ceremony, what training will be required, operational requirements, scheduling, and last of all whether you would be able to guarantee the safety of my wife and son." Said Variath, taking a slight defensive stance, moving his left leg behind him, crossing his arms low and loose, nonthreatening in nature but within quick reach of his knives should he have to defend himself, keeping an eye on any gestures Kyrios might make that might require him to defend himself, uncertain of what might happen, watching the other two for possible aggression by them as well, but primarily worried by Kyrios, also taking an eye to search for possible sniper positions, seeing as it would appear that Kyrios was unarmed.

Guest Boarders0

"Why so tense child, this Kiros asked for our assistance, what better way to loose business or an empire then cause harm to those he needs. Yes my associates know i am doing business with you, our young lord, and they will report my absence for longer than i deem necessary. so shall we see to that transport we will discuss logistics on the way, time is a terrible thing to waste.

Following Digital out of the ruined building, Apate remained silent. There was no need for any enhancements as of yet. But he would keep the offer in the back of his head, in the event the requirement arose.

Guest Tyro

(I'm sorry Boarder but I can't fully understand you post. I'm going to reflect that in mine to keep this RP going as you weren't online when I was writing this. It adds to Kyrios' intentionally unpleasant character and you should probably clear your throat and try again. Confusingly, you seem to have your character talking about transport. Are you talking about going with Digital and Apate who are meant to be in a different location? More confusingly, you've put the same character twice in the character forum but with different names in each skeleton. As you've been using first-person, I'm not sure which skeleton is the one you intended to use. You haven't mentioned your character's name at all...Its a relatively minor point I've just noticed...

Other than that, everyone's doing just fine. Keep it up.)

Kyrios gives a momentary glance to the Eagle Owl, visibly failing to understand what has been said. The instant the message is conveyed, Kyrios ignores him to focus upon Variath's question. If your not willing to get his name correct, then you might has well be prepared to complain to a brick wall.

"Your attire can be as you please as you are expected to be made visible over the rest of the men. As for training, it will depend on whether I believe you would benefit from a new skill." His hand absent mindedly makes trails in the flower bed next to him as he speaks. "There is no scheduling, only my orders when they arrive. Your only requirements are to follow my orders and report to Digital, another of my Generals whenever he runs out insisting you try out 'his latest whatever'. It's generally worth your time to humour him."

Kyrios grabs a handful of the soil, letting it slip through his fingers, slowly.

"As for your family, they can have a choice of home in New Phylis that is less than a mile from here. They will be safe as houses as long as you keep in line. As I've mentioned I carry no weapon..." A grin forms on the Black Fox's white muzzle. "Shall I show you why?"

His palm is pushed into the soil. Nothing at first, but suddenly the poppies in the bed shed their shrivelled petals. Their stems grow far too withered to stand and snap like ancient bandages. The remains fall to dust where the soil should have been. Instead, a dry, fine substance like ground cinder-block remained. From one flowerbed to the next along, and the next, came under the same curse Kyrios appeared to be infecting the ground with. The colour that the garden had once boasted was ruined. Instead, useless and spent ashes remained.

Kyrios' grin was wide and sly across his face. Intimidation is a hard act to pull off.

"A Kitsune is inherently able to rob energy from his surroundings to fuel himself. In this way, I am unmatched. I carry no weapon and have little in the way of guards because I'm all the weapon I will ever need." He takes his hand out of the dust, shaking it from his hand. He steps forwards to stand close to the taller Variath. He might have had to talk up but he still had a killer line.

"If you -- or any of you" His head whips round to lock with the other's eyes. " put a paw out of line, I will give you a first hand taste of the death you have just witnessed. Do I make myself clear?"

Intimidation is a spectacle. Kyrios was well-practised in his version of the the old show.

"Of course sir. Though may I ask one more thing, if we are to be put into a position with the title of General, I would assume we would be assigned subordinates. When might we have the opportunity to meet and assess those which we will be directing?" Asked Variath, his tails twitching slightly at the spectacle, awestruck at the power Kyrios had displayed. That was... far more than he had ever imagined. Sure he knew how to take energy from the environment to keep himself going and increase his lifespan but... this was.... how old might Kyrios be?... with the power he just displayed he might be far older than the four to five hundred years of age he would appear to have, with that.... he could easily hide any number of his tails. Shuddering for a moment, his ears went back before righting them-self again, though for what was at most one to two seconds of time he did loose his full composure, though he stood confidently again, hiding his momentary loss of complete calm. Yet part of him was still telling him to run now, while he still could.

Guest Boarders0

(then i did well it was supposed to confuse everyone. cpu must have lagged when doing the invited sorry everyone.)

"that seems reasonable," Seraob sates with a pompous air, eyes going wide at the show of power, still trying his best to sound in control of everything.

Guest Tyro

"Good. I'm glad to be clear." Weak willed or smart enough to know where the fight is... "You will get to address your men as you see fit later on. Right now, we wait." He looks over to the black TARDIS. "What in the worlds is this?"

Eventually, Digital leads Apate towards the helicopter, already in the process of powering up. They got in as the blades speed into a blur. The wind picks up as it raises into the air.

You'll notice that there's no pilot, just more computer hardware where the seats should have been. The cockpit computers made a regular click as it flies over the facility.

"I wonder whether anyone else has arrived. Our lord likes to have new visitors to the Palace. Fresh meat..."

Variath thought for a moment, and then turned in the direction of the TARDIS "That to my knowledge is a dimensional anomaly which is able to transport itself to any location, likely by using a pentaract effect or such. In all honesty, I'm not sure other than it is able to instantaneously travel between locations and that wolf crashed it into my house." Variath said, sighing once, wishing he knew more. Then his phone rang. Pulling it out, answering it, he noticed it was his wife. "Hello? Yes I'm fine my love, its just another job. Yes honey, though this one seems like it will be a bit longer. No, no this may be a permanent position. Yes I know, but I think it will be in our best interests. Yes I know. I'll call you back later with the details. I love you." hanging up the phone, putting it back in his pocket. "Sorry about that." he said, knowing how rude that must have seemed given the air of the situation.