Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Tyro

You're Invited

Guest Tyro

Incomming Call....Connected

"Yes?"

"What do you mean 'Yes'? It's me darling!"

"I apologise, my dear. I didn't mean to snap so but I could drown myself in the amount of paper around my feet."

"I wouldn't have thought it hard to pick a couple of thugs."

"I try to make sure I never have to even come near morons that could have a battle of wits with stuffed animals."

"Muscles have their uses."

"Muscles come...what's the phrase...ah, 'dime a dozen'. Any old meat head can through their weight around I want strength with a little wit behind it."

"I thought the last guy you talked to seemed good."

"I have that man's report here...excuse me....ehhh, yes. Stevenage. Ah yes, this man is not what I'm looking for..."

"He's loyal, handy with a sword and well-decorated."

"Yes, but if I removed the top of his head, I'd find a rabbit at the controls."

"Heh, touche."

"Was their a reason you called me? Bored?"

"A little. I also wanted to know how you were getting along with toy collection?"

"My men haven't found any of the other little brats. We still only have two and they can afford to loose a little skin."

"Hee hee! I hope they catch one of them soon. Especially the witch. Era still hasn't recovered fully from the last attack."

"She will pull through. She has before and will do again. Now, I must return to work. Leave me be."

"Of course, darling. I'll be there soon to see who arrives."

"Give my love to my daughter."

A black finger makes circles as he finds the right button to press. It darts for the armrest of the small throne on which he sits and special light switch off. He was beginning to regret adding communications to his chair here. Unfortunately, it's generally needed. He rises to his black paws, the rustle of papers are like fallen leaves. They are walked over as he walks through the room.

Sod this, he thinks to himself, I'm going to get out of here. I could be looking through candidates will my eyes bleed and I know I won't get the one's I want...Or remember their name.

In the small, flagstone-paved room, he looks over a glass cabinet with two stuffed toys sitting behind the ornate, clean glass. A huff escapes his lips as he slips on a coat. His five, white-tipped brushes sweep and bob as he walks through the country home's main corridor towards the front door. As he passes, he watches the pictures of the current generals move on by.

"They've got to be as good as everyone of you...This will be the longest day for a while..."

A good shove on the double doors makes them swing open onto the garden. He treads down the steps towards a raised flower bed in the large garden here. Vibrant green sea with dots of colour. The leather-like palm caresses one of the daffodils that have recently opened. He examines the yellow petal cup in his hand.

"Excelent. Full of life. Perfectly healthy." In his hand, the petals begin to dull in hue. They go from bright yellow in the morning sun to more like tea as though shrivelling under the razor like smirk that had slit his mouth open.

Variath sat in a cafe, wineglass in his hands, relaxing in the sunny air. He smiled kindly to the waitress, who brought him his lunch. His mark would be passing by the road in an hour, and the restaurant had a direct line of fire to the road. He was targeting a businessman, who was in the way of another's promotion. Sad, sad man who was about to die. Still, a job was a job, even if this one was a lower pay one than usual. Variath wished he could have a little bit more fun with his mark, but for now he would enjoy his steak.

One hour and three minutes later, that businessman was falling to the ground, a hole through his skull. Thirty seconds later, Variath was downstairs again, asking about what all the screaming was about he 'heard in the bathroom'. He had a knack with illusions, and none here could see his rife, his sword, or his knives. After a bit of shock and surprise, he asked for his bill, and calmly left the cafe, to head home to his wife.

Guest Tyro

There is a man in purple armour outside the Renant home. He paces backwards and forwards, his arms making grand sweeping gestures followed by bow, each designed to make him a humble servant. He had to get the ceremony of the delivery right. It, it's why he was chosen. He never got much of a break and this was the big moment but he could pronounce the right amount of pompous circumstance needed to get the ball rolling with this guy. He could swagger, bellowing at the top of his lungs about the honour bestowed. He was a Thespian after all! Finally, it had paid off. He fumbles with the letter, patting down his armour, about to raise his arm to knock on the door of the Renant home when something seems to be making it's way behind him.

He turns on his heel, letter in his hand.

Mr Renant!

"Variath Renant!" He bellows in full Thespian swing, bowing and presenting the letter with a sweeping gesture. "You have been chosen by our lord to receive special instruction enclosed within this letter."

Yep. Perfectly done.

Variath blinked at the odd man in purple armor carrying him a letter. "Umm.... okay. Would you like to come inside for some tea and explain this more perhaps?" asked Variath, confused, his left hand trailing to one of his knives, his rightmost tail signaling his wife to go into the safe room. This guy was either an enemy, someone giving him another job in possibly the weirdest way possible, or just a general loon. No matter what the case, it was best he was on guard, though that didn't mean he couldn't attempt to find out more in a civil manner. Though mixing in a bit of truth serum into Mr. Purple's tea wouldn't hurt either.

A black police box crashes into Varian's window. Out steps a black furred wolf, dressed also in all black. The only bit of color on his body is his eyes, which are a deep red. "Have I come to the right place?" he asks, brandishing a letter similar to the one the purple wearing figure was holding.

Variath blinks, seeing yet another random person showing up, "Umm... you're paying for that.... whoever you are...." said Variath, now rather heavily confused, drawing his knife but hiding it in his sleeve, noticeing the letter. Wondering what it was, Variath sighs. "Ok, so I'll write you a bill on you paying for that later. Would either of you like some tea?" asked Variath, who was missing out on his tea.

"thats not an issue. So long as I get my money." Said Variath, getting an idea of the grouping he was in, and seeing that this was most likely a job. Or he was going insane. One or the other. Going over to the door, checking his cell phone quickly to check his custom app to see that yes indeed, his wife and son were in the safe room, he walked in and invited the two inside. "Do either of you like sugar in your tea?" asked Variath.

"Names Variath Renant. This guy in purple here just apparently is some random messageboy. Not sure on that. He said something about instructions in this thing." Said Variath, who had the letter in his hand, having swiped it quickly from the guy in purple. "If you would both like, please come in of your own free will." added Variath, heading to the kitchen to go get the tea that his wife always made for him on his way back from a job. His home was rather small, and in the country a ways, so not very noticeable in all respects, though it did have a basement. The living room which lead to the kitchen was unassuming, carpeted with a large television, a couch, and a pair of recliners with a nightstand in between. The kitchen was of moderate size, with a full assortment of utilities.

Guest Tyro

The messenger was amazed at the offer, never looking at the room as he looks around sheepishly.

"Me? No, I'm sorry. I'm expected back...I can't possibly stay." He said, taking steps backwards away from the door. He seems to sweep away as quickly and politely as he possibly can.

"Those letters are an invitation to something my lord is planning. I don't know anything else. I seriously have no idea otherwise...Look, I'm gonna get back to my captain, I'll leave you two to it."

There was lots of pointing behind him as he made sure to keep eye-contact. It was like trying to politely decline being disemboweled.

Variath blinked, shrugging, pouring two cups of tea, and setting them on the table then, setting one one one side of the table, and one near his chair, a saucer with sugar cubes and a bottle of honey in the center. Variath put some honey in his cup, and sat down. "Well, feel free to sit. We may as find out what this job is. Given by your looks, and these supposed plans, I take it someone wants more than one person for it. Wouldn't you say so?" said Variath, in a quite calm tone, sliding his knife out, swiftly cutting open the letter cleanly and hiding the knife back within his sleeve, carefully taking out the letter to read it, sipping his tea lightly.

Guest Tyro

The letter reads as follows.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I hope you understand the scope of one man's abilities when left to his own devices. Only as far as he can walk and as long has his back can support him can one man strive for his goals. He may gain tools but while that can extend his reach or take loads off his back, it is limited in tasks that can be completed. Eventually the machine will break, just as the man will too.

We are able to pick you up again. We can help and fight and take the right measures to ensure we are on top. My army has crushed great numbers of defensive forces, over-coming great numbers of fighters that resist the inevitable tide of change I bring upon worlds.

But I cannot lead this vast and ever growing army by myself. That is where I hope you will step in.

I want an army that doesn’t respond to pain. An army that is fearless, vile, and cruel. The enemy will not give any less in return. Your exploits have reached my ears and I consider you a lion amongst sheep. You stand above the ignorant rabble, throw off the weights around your wrists and perform like the Grim Reaper's blade. It is you that I want to lead my armies, able to deal with conflict one your own as well as with back up.

General in my army is equivalent to my right hands. You go in my place, as both my voice and my fist. I will place trust in you. I will bite hard if it is found to be misplaced.

But first, I wish to meet you in person. I want to meet you at Kimberly Palace outside New Phylis. I shall be waiting for a few days there. I do not like to be kept waiting.

Kyrios

Variath thought for a moment, wondering about the letter. While leading others wasn't really his thing, this might bring greater safety to his family. While he may not know anything about this in depth, now may not be the time to analyze. Deciding to go with it, Variath foldex up his letter. "Interesting letter." Commented Variath, sipping his tea.,

Guest Boarders0

"Quite, This seems to be an opportunity, for extending my lands. oh don't mind me I couldn't help but see what the commotion was about" a voice says through a hole in the roof, i even got an invitation by the same character," tosses down an envelope with the same type of invitation. following in by hopping on the phone box then on the floor.

"Why my house?...." sighed Variath, grabbing his rifle off his back, dropping the illusion on it that would have rendered it to othrs as invisible, checks it quickly, and holds it. "Well, I say who wants to go see who this contractor is before another unvited guest shows up?" Sighed Variath, getting up from the table.

Guest Boarders0

"I say splendid idea, by the way i think you should get your roof patched i think their's a leak"

Apate's eyes fluttered for a bit, before he began looking around as to where he was. Cold. Dark. Sniffing the air some some, he recognized the scent of meat. Licking his lips he could feel the traces of the sedative wearing off. Putting his finger to his wrist, he stood up as he ran several calculations. Freezer. Recently activated considering gradual drop of temperature. Sedative designed to wear off soon enough so I would wake for a period of time. My captors want me to experience this. Pulse dropping. Will enter dormant state in fifteen minutes.

Walking around in the dark some, occasionally running into slabs of meat, Apate appeared to be looking for something. A wall. Finding it fairly quickly, he smoothly eased along the side, finding a handle in less than a minute. From what Apate could remember, large freezers like this were designed so anybody inside when the door closed could get out. But it was too easy.

Running his hand further along the door in the dark, Apate found several thin, very well pressed wires. Following them to their source a few feet to the left, Apate quickly tore off the face of the bomb implanted neatly into the wall. Strangely cautious Apate noted, feeling the interface of the bomb very tenderly. Model recognized. No custom modifications made. Punching several keys into the keypad, Apate accessed the inner programming of the detonator, and disabled it.

Standing back up, Apate easily walked out of the door to meet a rather smartly dressed ape, with two bulls standing at his sides. "Well done. Spent any longer and you would've been a popsicle in there," the ape teased. Apate just stared. "Ah-hem, well anyway, you passed. With flying colors. With you in my crew I'll get this whole place under my thumb. Might even get in a good favor with the big guy," the ape said, gears clearly going in his head.

"Was I auditioning for something?" Apate asked, which caused the bodyguards to look down at him for a few seconds. "We sure this guy didn't just stumble out from there out of dumb luck?" one whispered to the other, who chuckled some. Apate merely continued staring. He implanted the freezer with a bomb and stood right outside it...

Much to the confusion of the ape and bodyguards, Apate stepped back into the freezer. "He forget something in there?" the ape asked, a bit confused. "Get surveillance on the line, I thought they took everything the guy had off him," the ape said into a phone, a bit confused. "Uhm... sir? Is that your phone?" a bodyguard asked. "Is what my phone?" the ape asked, clearly annoyed at being interrupted. What the bodyguard was referring to was a beeping. And what the beeping was was the now reactived bomb sitting a few feet away from them.

"Oh..." the ape had about a second to say as Apate closed the door to the freezer, leaning against it as the room rumbled. The freezer, it seemed, had been enforced at some point in its layering. As for the job, it seemed it was another dud. He would have to be more thorough in his search next time.

Waiting till the vibrations stopped, Apate stepped out of the freezer, climbing over the debris. Still feeling a bit sluggish from having been in the cold, he decided he should stop somewhere and get something warm.

Guest Boarders0

"umm, you expect us to follow you into a phone box, why it's black i can not imagine, but even though it flies it would be a tad uncomfortable with three in there."

Guest Boarders0

walks to the door and peers inside, "Quite a curious contraption you have here," Starts walking in.