Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gone

Any furry authors?

Guest Shyanne

I like to think that I am a pretty decent writer myself, so yes. :)

Guest Shyanne

Guest mattspew

I'm a self-proclaimed author lol I write mostly sci-fi and horror stories.

Guest AzulTS

I'm currently working on a novel, but it is still in the very early stages.

i was working on something previously till a few issues came up and i stop'ed in the middle of it...

anyhow i might start back again when a few things are done + ask timewolf or someone else who had rp'ed with me in IM chat and used part of my project work :3 they'l say im good

I've been planning an entire whole timeline for a set of stories for the past six years, but the biggest problems I've ran into is

1) the plots to some of the stories are admittedly, somewhat cliché/unoriginal.

2) since it takes place in 4 different time periods (1006-1007, 2005-2007, 2029-2031 and 2050-2052), it's a little tricky to make sure Character A in Point-in-time B gets from Point C to Point D, while making sure that this doesn't stop Event E happening to Character F in Point-in-time G.

I have been writing down the basic synopsis to the entire "Saga" (even though, as of writing, it's a 17KB TXT document (which, for a TXT file, is a lot of stuff)), but again, it's Problem #2 that sometimes gets in the way (or more rather, I want Event A and Event B to happen, it's just getting from A to B that's the problem)

I completed my first book on Christmas Eve 2011 and am looking to get it published soon.

An Atom Of Freedom contains all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff, and the sort-of-protagonists are furries, starting from the real-world definition and rapidly moving to the definition we all want to have.

Ooh! If you do, hopefully us in the US can get some copies of your book!

I'd expect so, it will be on sale online if at all.

Guest Kiluke

I've done some writing mainly just TF stuff, but I'm looking into writing out a novel of sorts. Unfortunately it's still mainly in the planning stages.

Guest Voidpaw

My mother wrote a science-fiction novel about a synthetic human finding out his past. I'm not a writer though.

-E

My mother wrote a science-fiction novel about a synthetic human finding out his past. I'm not a writer though.

-E

I seem to recall a short story from English lessons at school having the very same theme. Perhaps if you tell me a name of the book, it'd ring a bell?

Guest Curioustestsubject

I do a little writing myself, actually. It's kinda of a hobby of mine. Mostly write fanfiction with a little TF but I do have a couple of ongoing stories.

I try to write, but my old nemesis writer's block has been keeping me from it... How do y'all get out of writer's' block?

That depends, and tends to involve less thread necromancy and more using a story plan to give myself the main points to write between. Since this thread's resurrected, just to let you folks know my book is on sale in hardback, paperback and eBook, also available for free to those who for whatever reason can't or won't donate to the Freedom Of Form fund. Click the signature and then click on the An Atom Of Freedom tab.

That depends, and tends to involve less thread necromancy and more using a story plan to give myself the main points to write between. Since this thread's resurrected, just to let you folks know my book is on sale in hardback, paperback and eBook, also available for free to those who for whatever reason can't or won't donate to the Freedom Of Form fund. Click the signature and then click on the An Atom Of Freedom tab.