Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Two-winged Cat

Fringe

8 posts in this topic

I've recently become very interested in Fringe. Imagine my surprise when hypnotism turns out to be a major plot device in the series! Starting in the episode The Equation the pattern of green-green-green-red lights with varying delays between them. It's got me to wondering if it'd be possible to use this sequence of lights as a trigger to actually hypnotise someone...

*plot, scheme, hmmmmm...*

I've actually not checked out Fringe yet, although my Dad says it's the sort of show I'd like. Is the show itself as good as I've been hearing recently? All I've gotten from people is rave reviews, yet no reasons why.

Although if hypnotism is such a major plot device, I might check it out even if it sucks.

I've actually not checked out Fringe yet, although my Dad says it's the sort of show I'd like. Is the show itself as good as I've been hearing recently? All I've gotten from people is rave reviews, yet no reasons why.

Although if hypnotism is such a major plot device, I might check it out even if it sucks.

So far I've only seen the first nine episodes; the eighth episode was about a man whose child was taken when he was put in a trance by flashing red and green lights. I'm told this form of mind control is used frequently throughout the series. And I have to say it rocks, it diverges from reality a little further in each episode, so by the time you hear all about an alternate universe, you're actually willing to accept this mechanic as fact. :)

I can vouch for Fringe. I'm just about caught up to date on the current season, and I've been enjoying it.

As soon as they pulled this alternate universe bullcrap, I tuned out. I was happy with a nice paranormal investigation show, but J. J. Abrams had to be himself.

It didn't look like paranormel show to me. It was all bases in science that was on the fring of thery and realaty.

It's a brilliant show, really makes you think :) I personally enjoyed the alternate universe story line.

I used to follow it, up until the (last?) season. Then I lost track of it. xD The gore factor really does make it more interesting, as some people say.