Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest deathshadow1991

The experiment that changed the world

"Uhm, no, Professor, you're not interrupting anything," Troy said, a bit surprised to find the wolf suddenly floating around him in his regular wear. "How about you take the top half and I take the bottom half," he said, once again unnecessarily taking a breath in as he dove down, his tail and feet briefly splashing after him as they followed. The pool sure was deep. Deep and big. To the point of giving Olympic pools a run for their money.

Once Troy had gotten a fair distance down, he tested out his gills once more. Due to never having used them, it still felt not only like he was trying to breathe through a pillow, but also when comparing breathing through one's nose and breathing through one's mouth. He still wasn't sure how his lungs worked, since he hadn't felt the least bit dehydrated when on land. Deciding to run a small experiment, he opened up the passages in his nose and mouth. As was expected, he got a decent rush of water upon doing this. However, he could still feel his lungs processing it.

"I hope I don't need to get dissected to find out how this works," he said, recoiling some to hear his own voice under the water. It had the same pitch, but seemed to carry a different resonance. It sounded by his voice almost like he was... "Drowning," he finally figured it out, made a bit uneasy by this thought.

The issue of obtaining air aside, he began to drift around a bit in the water. As a human, water had always felt thick and impossible to move through. But now, it felt like he was moving through air. Air actually felt like the strange thing in comparison to this. Letting himself float up and down some, Troy realized he had a new musculature to be testing out. So, stretching out his front hands, he parted the water in front of him like a breast stroke. Unlike the slow passive swim however, this propelled him a decent amount through the water.

A bit too stunned for words, Troy decided he'd start getting a bit more complex, swimming and diving in all sorts of different directions. Swimming felt incredibly and liberating all of a sudden. This is what he had always imagined flying felt like. After letting his mind sort of lay back and let his body move him around some, Troy became more natural and relaxed in the water, twisting and twirling through it. Judging by how good this felt right now, Troy figured his shark instincts were feeling pretty calm and in control in this environment.

After a while, he had his fill, and decided he should surface for a bit. Performing several flips before his feet planted themselves firmly on the bottom of the pool, Troy pushed off and powered through the water at breakneck speed, causing a decent splash as he broke the surface. "That's incredible," he tried to say. What he got was a bunch of water gushing out of his mouth, which caused him to cough a bit as his lungs refilled with air. "That was amazing!" he said, unable to give it an accurate description.

"I'm glad you liked it," Timewolf replied. He had stripped down to his fur and then put on a pair of trunks the TARDIS had provided. Walking to a diving board, he climbed up, stood at the edge, and shouted "Ready, steady, GERONIMOOOOOO!" Once more he hit the water and soon surfaced, performing a doggy paddle. "Wish I had gills," he said eventually.

"Oh! Uhm..." Troy immediately felt guilty. He didn't realize that he had been showing off. "It's not really anything special. It's just like scuba diving. Just... minus all the gear I guess," he tried to say, opting to stay on the surface. "I guess if anything it's really just like holding your breath for a while," he said, uncertain if he was any bit convincing.

Timewolf nodded in agreement, then got out and went over to a cupboard. He pulled out a light green suit made from what resembled the scales of a fish. "Swim skins!" he announced. "Fresh from the planet Cloral. Put it on, and you get webbed paws, just perfect for swimming underwater." Then he grabbed what looked like a plastic bubble with a space carved out for one's head. Attached to the bubble was a device that looked like a harmonica. "This is an air globe," he continued. "It allows you to breathe underwater. Both it and the suit are completely form-fitting, and when I have them on I can swim just as fast as you."

With that, he sat down and put on the swim skin and globe. As promised, both objects fit his body perfectly. There was even a hole for his tail. Getting back into the water, he grinned mischievously. "Race you to the other end and back," he said, gesturing with a webbed paw.

Troy's head bobbed back a bit in confusion. And then, he wasn't sure why but he felt incredibly provoked. Keep it together Troy. Breathing in and out several times, he felt the feeling of provocation drain out. He initially thought this was a good thing, but realized he was just suppressing it again. He'd have to find some way to channel the shark instincts outward. Just not what they wanted to be used for.

"Sorry," he said in an attempt to excuse his random pausing, then diving underwater. In less than half a second he had caught up and surpassed Timewolf on the way to the edge of the pool.

Guest deathshadow1991

(zomaghodness another reader of the pendragon series, now im gonna have to fight off commenting on that to much)

*as Whisp finally falls deep enough into sleep as dreams start to cloud through his mind, simply drifting through his own mind, thanks to his practice with lucid dreaming his dreams usually stood as a point of relaxation and meditation for him but something felt different today. He finds himself flying over an open green field, he can smell the dew on the grass as the sun is still low upon the horizon. it feels like hours that he spends, basking in the eternal morning glow before he finally lands on the ground. as soon as his paw touches the earth he feels a wave of cold heartlessness course through him and the grass around him quickly goes brown and dead. finding it hard to even breath in the precense of this invisible force, fear overtakes Whisp's entire frame as his real body begins to quiver.

Finally his tormentor makes itself known, a dark shadow rises from the ground, a twisted and mangled form of a creature so hideous that it locked Whisp in place in both terror and curiosity. as the figure approaches him Whisp manages to choke out a simple "What are you", causing the creature to halt and smile a toothy grin that spreads across its face before it takes a more solid form, as its face solidifies Whisp can only gaze in terror as he is confronted by a mirror image of himself and hears it say "I am all there ever was, and all there ever will be. the beginning and the ending, the call from inevitability" the creature continues to advance with every word "i am the nameless evil that haunts the dark corners of this world, i am the bringer of chaos and most of all..." the creature finally reaches Whisp who is still frozen in place as it puts its hand upon him causing the darkness to transform Whisp as well "i am you"

the feeling of the darkness that was coming over Whisp could only be described as dieing, cold, numb, yet excrutiatingly painful at the same time, like his flesh was being ripped from his body and brutally taken over by the icy grips of demise that would only get worse with struggle. within moments it had consumed almost all of his body, leaving only his head as he let out a loud scream which shook him awake and carried through until he realized that he was back in the TARDIS, breathing heavily with his heart racing, but safe. once he regains his breath he finally thinks to himself the only word that has plagued his whole life "Why..." the exertion causing him to almost pass out again as he lays back down in a sleepless stare, afraid to return to the world of his mind*

A loud scream had echoed through the bowels of the ship, carrying all the way to the pool. Abandoning the race, Timewolf swam back up to the surface and climbed out, still dressed in the outfit from Cloral. Grabbing the screwdriver he returned to the hallway, and followed the sound. Eventually, he found Whisp, staring blankly into space. "Whisp!" he shouted, running toward him. "Are you okay? What's happened, why did you scream?"

Guest deathshadow1991

*blinks a little realizing that the Doctor is now in the room with him* "nothing... just a side effect is all." *noticing the strange clothing that the Doctor was wearing "i hope i wasn't interrupting anything."

"Troy and I were having a contest to see who could get to the other end of the pool and back again first. He won, but only because I left. Don't feel guilty though, your safety is what's important. Anyway, would you like to join us? I've got a spare outfit in the cupboard you could wear if you like."

Guest deathshadow1991

*laughs a bit at the idea of him swimming* "i hate to be cliche but personally, i prefer the air" *points at his wings while he says this, but then sighs at his own lame joke* "im sure that none would fit me in this form anyway..."

Troy hadn't heard Timewolf leave and kept racing to the other side of the pool beneath the water. I figured he would have caught up by now he though, deciding to turn his head somewhat, only to discover that the professor had left. "Where did he-" Troy was caught short as the side of his head crashed into the side of the pool. Partially stunned, Troy sank down to the bottom of the pool, with stars in his eyes.

"I understand," said Timewolf, nodding. "Bye!" And he left the room. Heading back to the pool, he found Troy lying on the bottom. He dove back into the water and swam as fast as he could.

Troy, having been thrown for a bit of a loop, shook his head several times to process what had just happened. Uhhngh. Wall. Pool... wall. he thought, before looking around and figuring that he had crashed into the side of the pool. Looking up, he saw the professor was swimming down to him in a bit of a panic, to which he held his hand up to indicate he was fine. "Did I win?" he asked a bit wearily, not thinking of the fact that the professor likely couldn't understand words spoken underwater.

Guest deathshadow1991

*after another failed attempt to find sleep, Whisp heads to the bathroom for a nice bath, he had forgotten his that morning and was glad that his natural scent wasn't surfacing yet. after making sure the door was locked he disrobed and lowered himself into the warm water, allowing himself to take his time scrubbing through his fur with his paws before noticing a bottle of animal shampoo nearby, thinking "this probably belongs to the Doctor, wonder why i didn't think of something like that, im sure he won't mind if i use a bit for myself" as he grabs the bottle and begins rubbing a little bit of it into his fur. once finally clean he decides to stay in a little longer to relax, letting the world pass around him for a while*

Scout had not noticed the recent commotion because he had been exploring around the ship. Eventually, he decided to test his knowledge and get some exercise by jogging through the ship.

Some way or another, he ended up in the same room as Troy and the Doctor. He had his mp3 player going, and was so wrapped up in the song that he didn't notice the pool in front of himself.

He did, however, notice the splash and how his fur and clothing were now thoroughly soaked.

Much to his dissapointment, his mp3 was wet.

Scout looked sround and noticed the Doctor and Troy were in the pool he had just fallen into. He looked at the Doctor, "Hi, and, umm...I was jogging and didn't notice the sudden drop."

Scout looked sround and noticed the Doctor and Troy were in the pool he had just fallen into. He looked at the Doctor, "Hi, and, umm...I was jogging and didn't notice the sudden drop."

Guest MasterBlade

Character Name: Alex Martin

Major of study or job at University: Video Game Design

Age and level of education (for students): 19 (Junior)

Transformed or not: Yes

New form (if transformed): Rabbit

Bio: Alex is a student in a brand new field of industry; Virtual Reality. Though the current uses of the field have been only for vehicle simulations, it was Alex’s intent to make virtual reality systems into video game consoles. His greatest achievement during his two years at the university was a program called “Lepus Knightâ€, a game that brought a player into the hands of a bunny swordsman trying to save a carrot princess. Alex was testing level 7 when the virus transformed him, leaving him very confused when taking off the virtual reality helmet.

What has happened since transformation: Needless to say, doing motion capture for his Lepus Knight series has become significantly easier with a new model to base movement off of. He is expected by his peers to get an award for best game graphics within the year

He must be going crazy, there was no other way to explain it. His virtual reality gear breaking? Saddening. A sudden transformation into the rabbit character from the game he’s been developing for years? Concerning. Being stuffed into your teacher’s british memorabilia by a hawk with an additude? Scary. But THIS!?!?!? A giant space base in the middle of said british memorabilia!?!?!? This was too much. His virtual reality gear must be malfunctioning somehow. That, or someone slipped something in his drink.

Either way, Alex had been trying to find his way out of this little hole for days. Ever since his roomie turned into a shark and freaked out, he’s been trying to contact him via phone. But it turned out he didn’t have any bars in Monty Python’s hidden lab, so calling for help was out. Whether it be because of his poor sense of direction or the hugeness of this place, but Alex just couldn’t find where he came in from. Eventually succumbing to the fruitlessness of his efforts, the bunny hid in the corner of one of the rooms, typing up game scripts until whatever he was slipped wore off.

Troy popped his head above the surface, and after cleaning his lungs of water, he spoke. "Uhm, professor? I don't suppose there'd be any way for us to go back real quick, would there? I just remembered that my roommate never got back, and I can't just go on an adventure across time and space without telling anybody," he said a bit sheepishly. He was pretty sure his phone couldn't get service across different periods of time anyway.

"Absolutely," said Timewolf. "Just let me change out of this and we'll get you right back to Earth." So, ducking into a nearby bathroom, he got dressed. When this was done, he started back toward the console room. "Come along, Troy," he shouted over his shoulder.

Guest MasterBlade

Well, whatever he was given was powerful stuff. Despite all logical reasoning, he was essentially stuck in some top secret laboratory. While it certainly would be great inspiration for some sci-fi shooter game in the future, it wasn't doing him any good to remain in a corner scripting imaginary scripts. They'd just have to be rewritten when he got up... if he ever did.

The room he was in happened to have various terminals with buttons. Game logic dictates that when surrounded by buttons, its usually the biggest one that opened the door forward. Since it was all a dream, it couldn't hurt to push one of them, right? Looking around, he found one that was sufficiently large and red. He thought for a second the other possible options instead of pushing it. Them remembering that logic didn't do any good in his dreams, he pushed the smallest one he could find instead.

Suddenly, the TARDIS shook as it began flying through the vortex, sending the occupants of the library into the pool. Timewolf, meanwhile, was thrown back the way he came, and landed at the bottom of the pool with a loud splash. He coughed and spluttered, then finally took stock of things. Oxygen was depleting fast, and his vision was blurry. He could just make out the figures of Whisp, Scout, and Troy as his eyes closed.