Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest deathshadow1991

The experiment that changed the world

Guest deathshadow1991

*sighs walking towards the two offering a hand in helping troy up* "i find it better not to ask questions and just think of it as a big LSD trip gone wrong and right at the same time, its much easier that way"

Character Name: Scout

Major of study or job at University: Computer Programming

Age and level of education (for students): 23; third-year

Transformed or not: Transformed!

New form (if transformed): Anthro fox!

Bio: Before the change, Scout had been a part of this obscure online community of people that liked anthropomorphic creatures. Of course, there was no real reason to tell anyone it went deeper than that, but part of him felt that he was truly a fox. In fact, the night before the gaseous cloud caused it, he had just finished writing a transformation story to post on this online community.

He had an intense fear of the square root of three due to a tragic accident involving a Calculus textbook, a ladder, and a single Lego. He did not like to talk about it.

Ever since the transformation, he felt as if he was much more fit for this body--something that he noticed most other people did not feel--and indeed, felt like he had better coordination than his human form. He held up to the teasing well, and indeed, he fully expected some degree of discrimination. He had prepared for this for a good half of his life in his imagination.

A noise was heard down the hallway along with a beeping noise that kept getting both louder and faster. In ran a young fox wearing blue jeans, a red shirt, and a flash-drive attached like a tag to a collar around his neck. His name was Scout, and he was tracking down a dolphin that had been stealing his food and money for the past week. He had noticed that his food and money was going missing from his dorm-room, so he set up a security camera, and saw the same dolphin come in, day after day, to take his food and money. It was never anything much; a cupcake or two, and Scout never had more than some change from when he had broken a larger bill. For some reason, Scout could never find the dolphin later in the day, so he hatched a plan. He would plant a tracking device in a cupcake, and would use a radio transceiver to fnd the tracking device.

There was only one hitch: To celebrate the university's 100th year, a group of girls had everyone do a secret-santa exchange of sweets. They would collect a basket of sweets from each student and randomly swap it for another student's. Scout accidentally put the bugged cupcake, rather than the unbugged cupcake, into the basket, which it seems Troy had recieved.

Scout only saw troy's back, but the fin was enough to make him think "Dolphin! I've got you now!" Scout tackled Troy out of the seat, "Oh, you are going to get it," he yelled, "theft, breaking and entering, jaywalking, the works!" He was oblivious to the Timewolf or Whisp in his rage. "My mother baked me those cupcakes, and I expect you to pay every cent, every damn cent, of my stolen money back!" He still had not realized that he had not caught the dolphin.

Instead of panicking like he normally would have, Troy got his very first shot of shark instinct, and began thrashing around on the ground some with the mystery attacker on his back. During this, the teeth in his mouth that usually looked regular over the past few days, flashed their razor sharp nature several times as he fought back his shark instincts telling him to snap at the fox.

Shaking his head a few times in an attempt to get his head clear, Troy stood back up with the fox still hanging onto his back. "What the-," he said between attempts to shake him off, "-hell are you talking about?"

Guest deathshadow1991

*shakes his head* "never easy is it" *looks at Troy* "it seems you are still battling with the instincts a great deal, *looks at the newcomer* i would stand back if i were you, a little guy like you would probably be a good snack for a pissed shark. Now that the warnings out of the way, who are you and what has you bothered." *thinking "i hate being moderator but i don't want blood spilt on instincts."*

Scout jumped off the shark and faced The Doctor.

"This is the guy who has been stealing my money and food for the past month! I've been searching all over the school to no avail after I saw him on a hidden camera I set up. I had an idea: I'd put a tracking device into a cupcake, and I found him with this," he said as he held up the device that looked like a small mp3 player with an antenna jutting out the top. "Apologies for the interruption, I don't normally barge into lecture halls like this, but I've caught my--shark?"

He had made an arm-motion towards the shark, and he glanced over as he did. A look of bewilderment spread across Scout's face as he noticed that he had not found the dolphin.

"Who are you, and how did you get my bugged cupcake?"

"My name," Troy said, pulling the fox's hands off of him, "is Troy Schaeffer. And that cupcake was bugged?" Troy asked, rubbing himself where he had been tackled as he leaned down to his backpack, pulling out a cupcake in plastic wrap with bright blue frosting. "And I just did this cupcake swap thing because I got signed up for it. I don't even like cupcakes," he said, tossing the thing back to the fox. Which was an odd thing for him to say, because he actually did like cupcakes. Or did his new shark stomach just not like sugar.

Troy shook his head a few times, feeling his teeth return to normal. Or at least... Did some of them feel a bit sharper now? Seeing his reflection in the professor's desk, he saw his eyes had apparently turned entirely black. However, this seemed to be shrinking down until the white around the gray around the iris of his eyes was established once again. That was... different Troy thought a bit uneasily. The other thing he saw was that his canines were significantly more prominent. They weren't huge, he could still close his teeth. All the same, they seemed to have become the highlight of his new smile. As if to match, the two teeth around them appeared to have sharpened, but to a lesser extent. Troy moaned, looking at his reflection. "How many finishing touches is this transformation going to have?" he asked, holding out his lip to look at this new teeth.

"Dunno," said Timewolf. "Would it be rude to ask if you wanted to go swimming? I just found the swimming pool last week, and I've been meaning to try it out. Of course, if you want to swim with other sharks, we can go to the planet Aquiria. And how can you not like cupcakes? They're brilliant!" He froze. "I'm rambling again, aren't I? Sorry. I've tried to stop but it's so hard after several decades..."

"Other..." Troy's voice trailed off before he shook his head a few times. "What? I'm not just gonna run off with other sharks," he said, putting air quotes around those last two words. He wasn't sure what it was but he felt his blood running hot. "I've got a whole life here I still have to take care of. I've got a family, friends, a whole future I'm still trying to set up, which at this point is proving to be like a house of cards just begging to collapse," he said, raising his voice some.

After this, he seemed to calm down some, and realized what he had just said. "I mean," he tried to say, biting down on his lip as much as his new teeth would let him without causing harm, "Yes, it would be nice to go off to the ocean and swim around some. But there is really just no time right now. Besides, I don't think there's even such a place as Aquiria," he finished. He wasn't sure why, but he felt like a part of him was lying about how he felt on all this.

"Uhm, Professor," Troy said, attempting to distract himself from this notion. "Before we got interrupted, you were trying to show me something that I'm pretty sure is impossible?" Troy asked, his eyes wandering to the opened up room in a box standing behind Whisp and the professor.

Guest deathshadow1991

*mumbles to himself "open as a teenage slut with the secrets of the universe and time" sighs as he approaches troy, stretching out his wings a bit trying to get the cramps out from the previous shock and locked position they had been in, puts a hand on troys bulky scaled shoulder* "look, i know its hard coming to grips with this, the pain, the changes, the confusion, but you cannot let it get you down, you have to be strong. ever since the transformation i have been trying to find out as much about its effects as possible and it would seem that the transformation is most greatly influenced by a persons attitude, personality, etc.. in general this means that there is a reason you became a shark, maybe it was to overcome some great fear, maybe its the kind of person you were meant to be, who knows. all i know is that everyone who is a part of this should band together and stay strong while finding out what this change really means to their life while trying to make their world better for the rest of the time they have them." *pauses for a second to let his words sink before concluding* "whether you choose to try and continue your old life or use this to start anew, there is nothing anyone can say or do to change that unless you let them."

*backs away and walks back towards the TARDIS before stopping* "as for you scout, look before you leap, it is not a typical fox nature to jump conclusions, or sharks for that matter, without through investigation of the conclusion." *turns to the Doctor* "i have made my decision, no mater what it takes i will help you to defeat whatever caused that future to exist" *finally reenters the TARDIS and awaits the others

Troy stared for a bit after Whisp, uncertain what he was talking about, but went back to the desk to look at his reflection once more, gritting his teeth to see the sharpened teeth. Those are just the beginning he realized, closing his mouth back up. As a human, he still seemed to be having bits and pieces of puberty occurring to him. Who knew how badly this was going to be amplified as a shark. I could stay here. Try and keep a hold on it. Suppress all of it he said to himself, keeping his gaze locked on his eyes.

But then he remembered to just a few minutes ago. All that thrashing and rage that had been coursing through his system. He could tell from that incident that neither his calm human rationale or his rambunctious shark instincts could currently agree with each other. Maybe going off into the world could let him find a better balance. Because he knew fully well that the transformation at this point was still just an inkling of what he would eventually become. "Which is what?" he asked himself, this time aloud.

Finally finding a path that he couldn't seem to find any dissension in himself on, he grabbed the bag of clothes that now effectively composed his entire wardrobe, strapped on his backpack that for the most part had all of his belongings in it, and looked back at the classroom. Deciding it best not to say anything, he stepped into the TARDIS for the first time.

Troy was still stumbling around inside, partially unable to feel his feet. This humungous room somehow managed to fit inside that tiny box he had seen on the outside. The copper coloring was a pretty nice touch, as well as the glass floor. He briefly wondered what the black fluids were beneath the steps, but figured it was best ignored. "How is this possible?" he asked aloud, not entirely sure who he was asking. As he kept looking up however, it was yet another chance for a trip up, and the end of one of his feet got stuck on the other.

Followed by a particularly loud WHUMPH, Troy found himself sprawled out on the first set of stairs. "All right, I need to start practicing with these flippers," Troy said, rolling over to get a better look at them, testing by bending his toes some. Relieved that the he could control all three toes on each feet, but depressed in that the rest of the foot just seemed like a stretched out human foot, Troy got back up to dust himself off. "Uhm, Professor? Am I supposed to just put my clothes and stuff in the corner?" he called back out.

He brought his tail around in front of his legs and pointed at it "At this point, not much surprises me any more."

He let go of his tail and walked to peek into the blue police box. He stood there for a good thirty seconds just taking it in.

"Okay," he said, looking at The Doctor, "Now I'm surprised."

Guest deathshadow1991

*finds his way through the hallways, taking small detours to familiarize himself with as much of the ship as possible, never wanting to be caught off guard or be ill prepared, once he feels he knows enough of the lay out he finally chooses one of the rooms, a taller and wider room with sparse furniture to give him plenty of room to practice his wing manuvers and swords practice in peace, once he gets his sword back that is, lets out another sigh as he plops onto the bed* "in a week i have ruined humanity, had my life turned upside down and now im going along with a time travler to make this change be a good one, what the hell will you get yourself into next Whisp" *yawns and falls asleep on the bed*

Troy walked down the hallway, still a bit confused by the physics of the box. Eventually, he reached the end of it, finding a cluster of doors. Opening in one, he found what appeared to be a storage closet, judging by how many mops and brooms fell out towards him the second he opened it. Fortunately, he closed the door in time on this one, hearing distinctive crashing sounds coming from the other side. Opening the next one, he found...

"A pool?!" Troy said, somewhat stunned. He was also confused by the fact that the pool was surrounded by dozens of shelves of books. He was starting to wonder is this place just kept giving you what you needed. Which also made him wonder as to why the Professor would ever leave it. Pushing this thought aside, Troy opened the next door to find a fairly orderly bedroom, also leading to a bathroom on the inside. Troy had stayed at hotels before, so he knew how this went. Very carefully, he hung up his new clothes in the closet provided, set his bags down at the bottom of the closet, and took out things like his toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and other things, out of his backpack and placed them in the bathroom next to the sink.

Grabbing a towel from the bathroom, Troy locked the door, slipped out of his clothes, and into his trunks. Looking in the mirror he saw for the first time how good and fit he looked as a shark, which left him to wonder how he'd look once he finished transforming and maturing into his new body. With most people it had apparently taken about five weeks or so, but there were apparently some still getting into it. "I probably won't change all that much," he said, shaking his head as he remembered what he was doing. But wasn't he here to find out how he would change? Yes, mentally. I don't really care about physically. Unless his mind changed to be conceited about that sort of thing. Troy briefly panicked, afraid he'd become a muscle headed carnivorous predator as he went more shark-ey. But he decided to shake it off, hoping that wouldn't happen. It won't he reassured himself. Just in case though, I should probably ask the Professor to help me keep up with my school work he thought cautiously.

With towel in hand, he quietly slipped out of the door, and slipped into the room that held the pool. This was unnecessary however seeing as how he didn't see anyone in the hallways. He didn't look back to see if anyone else had gotten into the bedrooms yet, but he hadn't heard anything, so it was likely not. Placing the towel next to the edge of the pool, memories of fearing the water as a little kid briefly surfaced in his mind. But they seemed to carry less significance this time. "Well, here goes nothing," he said, about to hold his breath and slip in. However, he quickly realized that he didn't have to now, and decided to simply slide into the water.

Timewolf had set the TARDIS to autopilot and now wandered the corridors. As he walked, his mind drifted to what had happened when Troy's instincts took over. Would something like that happen to him too? "Maybe," he murmured. "After all, I've only been a wolf for a few days." Though he hadn't had an urge to howl or catch prey yet, there was always the possibility of change.

He had been so focused on these thoughts he hadn't noticed that he had entered the swimming library, at least until he fell into the pool with a loud splash. Rising to the surface, he looked at Troy and said apologetically "Am I interrupting something, or may I join you?"