Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest deathshadow1991

The experiment that changed the world

Guest deathshadow1991

* becomes a little quiezy before finally stepping outside the TARDIS and looking around* "so what are the rules about this, i mean i really don't want to mess something up here"

Having held his tail in one hand for the entire time, Troy finally finished organizing his room. It looked as if his roommate wasn't going to be back for a while. "Who knows where he is," Troy sighed, letting his tail go gently while he faced it towards his bed. It quickly swatted down against the bed frame, causing him to wince some before he sat down and went through his wallet.

He had still yet to go shopping for new clothes that would fit him, having borrowed an old outfit from someone else in the dorm for a few days. A line of clothes had been released for people that had been transformed, but it was still pretty small. Generic blank things, nothing that interesting printed on them. Troy would have mentally compared the bland choice of clothing available as a sign of social branding, but apparently more were to be released soon.

"Can't do anything about the feet though," he said, looking down at his now three toed feet. At the very least his hands hadn't gotten webbed, while his feet had. It was an impossibly weird feeling that he wasn't sure he'd ever get used to. It wasn't helped by the fact that he was probably about a size 20 in men's shoes by now.

He would have enough money to restore his wardrobe to the original amount of clothes he had originally, but it would leave him broke for the semester. "Well. I guess I'd have to call home with the news eventually," he said sadly, looking over at his laptop which he knew had a webcam attachment.

Shaking his head and deciding he had to stop being so negative, Troy stood up from the bed and left the building, attempting to make his footing feel more natural. His gaze was once again caught by the pool. There was no way it stayed open this long. "And a pair of trunks," he added to his mental list, continuing walking off campus and to the closest clothing store.

((Uhm... wait, the year 3000? Wasn't that before the war? You sure you don't mean 3000 years later, in the year 5000? Wasn't that when A World Apart happened?))

((Now I've edited it.))

The pair entered the town square. Timewolf frowned. Something was wrong. There were plenty of humans about, but few furs. And the furs that were there were being led by chains, held in the hands of humans. As they walked on, they saw furs being forced to do work in the hot noonday sun while humans sat underneath shade trees sipping from glasses filled with lemonade. "Something's wrong," muttered Timewolf. "This isn't how it's supposed to be. The furs aren't meant to be slaves. Someone, at some point in the past, meddled with time, resulting in this." Further thoughts were interrupted by the appearance of an angry human male who shouted "Hey! What are you two doing?" "We're walking," Timewolf replied. "Is that illegal?" "Only if you're a slave," the man replied. "Where are your masters? They ought to have you chained up, not walking around as though you owned the place." Timewolf turned to Whisp. "Back to the TARDIS," he said. "We've got a problem to solve." Then, taking no more notice of the man, they ran away.

Guest deathshadow1991

(the war was around year 3000, the balance was at 4285 and the world apart is 5000)

*looks around in horror and whispers* "what have i done" *drops to his knees, his mind so far away from whats happening he is completely blank until he heard his name called and saw the Doctor heading back to the TARDIS and did his best to follow his mind still racing, even once back inside he is unable to talk from the shock*

"The good news," said Timewolf, "is that should not have happened, so we can fix it. In the proper timeline, humans and furs coexist peacefully. The bad news is, I haven't a clue what led to the timeline being altered."

Guest deathshadow1991

*still huddled into himself, his wings, arms and tails tightly wrapped around his frame as he gently mutters to himself crying a little* "all i ment to do was to change the world for the better, how did it come to this........"

Having been trying on clothes for about half an hour. Wonder if I should just go shirtless like half the other furs did after their transformation Troy briefly wondered. However, his standards fortunately snapped back to him before he made that decision, and he kept cycling through the available clothes.

Eventually, he found his new size in shirts, and picked out several pairs of different colors. After having gotten together a decent collection, he started trying on pants. This proved to be more difficult than he anticipated, as he had to not only push his feet through the legs, but his new shark scales kept getting caught on the fabric, which gave a horrible tugging feeling on his skin. Almost like there was dried salt water all over his skin. "Pretty ironic actually," he said after thinking this.

Shelving the issue for later, he decided he should at least take home a few pairs, and went to find some swim trunks. This was actually surprisingly the easiest task, as the baggy trunks felt infinitely more comfortable against his scales. After some more thought, he realized that as a shark he may be swimming a bit more often, and decided to pick out a second pair.

Feeling satisfied with the things he had found, he went to the front desk, and fiddled around in his backpack for his wallet. However, even though he found his wallet, he noticed his cellphone was missing from his backpack. But when could it have... he remembered. When he had fallen on his opened backpack back in Professor Smith's classroom. Slapping his hand on his face, as well as accidentally pushing down a small rotating stand of candy on the counter with his forearm fin, he hurriedly thanked the salesclerk, grabbed his bag of clothes, and rushed back to the campus.

Guest deathshadow1991

(this is assuming that you already transported us back)

*a dark aura begins to surround whisp's fur, cold and forbidding. it seems to pour from his chest and wrap itself around him, turning whatever it touched into a dark twisted version of what it once was. his body is slowly covered as his sobs become growls of resentment* "to think that i tried to better the world, i bring about change and all the world does is inslave it... they are the ones who deserve to be in chains"

"You're not listening!" yelled Timewolf. "That timeline should never have existed! Someone tampered with a fixed point! Those points can never be altered, as to do so would eventually cause the destruction of the universe! You and I must now go and repair the damage before it can spread, and history will return to its proper course! The humans and furs will live in harmony! You don't have to hurt anyone! Please, in the name of compassion and decency, listen to me!"

Guest deathshadow1991

*pain can be seen behind his harsh and demonic exterior, the sight of his experiment creating such a world weakening his spirit causing the mental "anomaly" that has plagued him since the experiment to be strong enough to make a fight for control and it was taking everything that Whisp had to stay conscious. thankfully the Doctors words reached him and gave him a big enough moral boost to fight back, finally reagaining control and passing out from the exertion

Guest deathshadow1991

*slowly returns to consciousness, he slowly climbs out of the bed and gets his footing next to the Doctor* "so...whats the plan of action doc..."

"Professor Smith?" Troy called quietly into the lecture hall, hoping he wasn't disturbing anything. No, he wasn't. There wasn't anyone there to disturb. Just that weird blue box that kept popping up in the corner of the classroom. Most of the students thought it was some kind of joke the professor liked to play.

Letting his curiosity get the better of him, Troy walked up to the box, and softly knocked on it a few times. "Hollow," he said, judging by how little resistance he felt from the door. Well, Professor Smith had to show up again at some point. All his things were still at the front of the room. "Unless he forgot them," Troy said, pacing around the room some in worry. He briefly thought about going through the stuff there to see if his phone was present, but decided he shouldn't, in the event there was something in Professor Smith's things he wasn't supposed to see.

"Hang on, someone's knocking at the door," said Timewolf suddenly, racing back to the console room. He pushed open the door and looked around. He saw Troy pacing around. "Ah! Hello Troy!" he ssid at last. "What's up?"

Guest deathshadow1991

*keeps quiet inside the TARDIS still not knowing for sure what to do thinking to himself "wing it, shit if i winged it then this situation would be so much worse, i mean i know i live on impulse but it is not like something of this magnitude could be good to take lightly" gets up and walks back to the main room looking at the control panel. "power over time and space, infinite control over everything that has ever been and ever will be" steps back from the controls nodding his head "nah, best to not do that", sits down waiting for the Doctor to return*

At the sound of the voice, Troy jumped about three feet in the air, landing and tripping on his feet once again. Stumbling to get back up, he turned around to see Professor Smith. "Uhm.. Professor," Troy stammered for the second time that day. He was about to ask where his cellphone was, but another question bothered him. "Where'd you come from?" He had been staring at the only entrance to the room beforehand. Was he in the box? What could be so important that it had to be put in a box the size of a broom closet?

Troy looked up a bit skeptically at the box for a few seconds, then back the professor. "Professor, if you don't mind my asking, what do you keep in there anyway? It just seems weird to have something from Britain in the 1960s hanging around in a classroom on the opposite side of the Atlantic ocean, sixty years later," he said, forgetting for a bit the original reason he had come there.

Guest deathshadow1991

*his concentration and thought is broken when his ears perk up at the sound of the door opening again as he can see through the doorway the shark boy from earlier, thinking to himself "for a Doctor who is supposed to protect the flow of time he sure has a thing for showing off his time traveling device, you'd think that this would be something kept on the hush hush" sighs and decides to just roll with it and give a simple non-controversial or implicit acknowledgment* "hello there"

Troy was about to answer, but got another surprise when Whisp popped out of the box. "...Professor, are you conducting some kind of experiment in there?" Troy asked, now very clearly confused. "If you want, I can just come back another time," he said, picking up his bag of clothes and waiting for Professor Smith's answer.

"Experiment?" echoed Timewolf, "Of course not! That's silly. Now come along, we haven't got all millennium you know. I've got a rogue timeline to fix, and I need all the help I can get! By the way, here's your phone back." He tossed the phone toward Troy.

Troy fumbled the phone somewhat, grasping it between both hands. And, deciding to let his curiosity to get the best of him, he poked his head into the box. "Uhm..." was his first reaction, popping his head out of the entrance to see if the box had been pushed up against a wall to lead into another room. It stood, isolated in the middle of the room. "Professor. I think there's something a bit off about your box," Troy said, his voice considerably shaken as he took a few steps back, falling down into the closest desk.